Author Topic: 1,800 companies left California in a year — with most bound for Texas  (Read 1470 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A record number of companies are leaving California for states with a better business climate, and a new report shows that Texas remains their No. 1 destination. What’s more, the study’s author – for the first time in his career – is openly urging California businesses to relocate out of state. Texas’ rank as the top destination for California companies is especially significant considering that the large majority of corporate relocations cross only one state line, said Joseph Vranich, president of Pennsylvania-based Spectrum Location Solutions LLC. “A lot of people don’t want to be more than one hour from other members of their family they might be leaving behind, or their good friends or their favorite country club — whatever it is,” Vranich said in an interview with the Dallas Business Journal.

“For Texas to do as well as it does attracting California companies is really remarkable in and of itself.”

North Texas has surfed a wave of California company headquarters relocations in the past few years, with health care giant McKesson (NYSE: MCK), convenience store distributor Core-Mark (Nasdaq: CORE), and medical technologies company DJO announcing moves from the Golden State to Dallas-Fort Worth in the past three months.
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/df7cff19-34af-372b-8c9b-bcd26835a467/1%2C800-companies-left.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

Moved ours to AZ this year after it being in San Jose for more than 23 years where it was founded.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:10:18 pm by DB »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The only problem with that is the employees of those Cali Co's that transfer in to work at the new digs are liberal dirt bags with liberal values who bring their entitled dirt bag kids and enroll them in schools who spread liberal BS in the school house.  Then the Parents run for the school board and city government and then everything turns to shit.  Taxes go up. Christmas traditions are cancelled.   It goes on and on.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Fluor Corp, multi=billion $ 100+ yr. old California founded firm, relocated Hq. From Calif. to Irving TX  a few years ago.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

The only problem with that is the employees of those Cali Co's that transfer in to work at the new digs are liberal dirt bags with liberal values who bring their entitled dirt bag kids and enroll them in schools who spread liberal BS in the school house.  Then the Parents run for the school board and city government and then everything turns to shit.  Taxes go up. Christmas traditions are cancelled.   It goes on and on.

Maybe, maybe not. The vast majority of people that ruined California aren't from California either. They moved in like locust. Last I saw something like 70% of the programmers in the bay area are foreign born. No understanding of our constitution or our history yet they know what's best for everyone else that provided the freedom for them to do what they do.

Offline Hoodat

Can't wait for Chevron to move to Texas.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Fluor Corp, multi=billion $ 100+ yr. old California founded firm, relocated Hq. From Calif. to Irving TX  a few years ago.
Occidental Petroleum ~$50 bn in assets, relocated to Houston in 2014 after being in California for 94 years.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

Troodat.  My area of Georgia is now being overrun with NE liberals who escaped the hellholes they built up there for the higher standard of living and lower taxes down here.  Except now they are determined to implement the exact same policies here that turned their former communities into hellholes to begin with.

I swear liberals have zero understanding of human nature.  They always support higher and higher taxes, yet are amazed how much better things are in low-tax states.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Can't wait for Chevron to move to Texas.
It will have to happen eventually, otherwise, Chevron will cease to exist.

The state is aggressively suing Chevron and hates oil companies.

California is also attempting to destroy its farming industry.

California State Board Votes to Approve Bay-Delta Plan, Restrict Water to Farmers

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2018/12/13/california-state-board-votes-to-approve-bay-delta-plan-restrict-water-to-farmers/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Troodat.  My area of Georgia is now being overrun with NE liberals who escaped the hellholes they built up there for the higher standard of living and lower taxes down here.  Except now they are determined to implement the exact same policies here that turned their former communities into hellholes to begin with.

I swear liberals have zero understanding of human nature.  They always support higher and higher taxes, yet are amazed how much better things are in low-tax states.

Spot on.  I watched the same thing happen when I lived in Southlake/Keller tx and surrounding area.  They build their McMansions and wall themselves off and only associate with their liberal dullards. There was a push albeit small to get the state to enact a state income tax.  Shit, insanely high prop taxes is what drove me from the state.   Dumbasses just don't get it. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:26:06 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

California is also attempting to destroy its farming industry.

California State Board Votes to Approve Bay-Delta Plan, Restrict Water to Farmers

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2018/12/13/california-state-board-votes-to-approve-bay-delta-plan-restrict-water-to-farmers/

The cities want their water. The city dwellers are certain they are the center of the universe and that the dirty hick farmers don't know anything about of much anything and are unneeded.