Author Topic: Devin Nunes: I'm 'glad' federal judge wants more information on Michael Flynn's FBI interview  (Read 569 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Devin Nunes: I'm 'glad' federal judge wants more information on Michael Flynn's FBI interview
by Naomi Lim
 | December 13, 2018 12:21 AM

The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday welcomed a federal judge's decision to seek more information about former national security adviser Michael Flynn's dealings with the FBI.

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., made the comments on Fox News after the federal judge overseeing Flynn's case demanded records from the 2016 Trump campaign surrogate and special counsel Robert Mueller's team about his January 2017 interview with FBI agents, according to the Washington Post.

Flynn last December pleaded guilty to lying during the sit-down when he told investigators he did not discuss sanctions with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

"I'm glad that the judge is looking at this. I think the judge had also asked the House Intelligence Committee to provide the transcript that we have of Director Comey testifying before our committee. He'd be interested in that also," Nunes told the cable news network.

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan's request comes before Flynn's expected sentencing next week and could reportedly delay the proceedings. Mueller recommended last Friday that the retired U.S. Army lieutenant general should not receive prison time given his "substantial assistance" to the Russia probe.

Flynn's lawyers argued in court filings Tuesday that he should not be sent to prison because he was “unguarded” during the FBI interview, which took place shortly after President Trump's inauguration, and was not advised that he was being investigated by law enforcement for alleged misconduct.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/devin-nunes-im-glad-federal-judge-wants-more-information-on-michael-flynns-fbi-interview
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Yeah - the crux of the story is that the defense is asking for no jail time, based on the interview, not that he’s innocent of the charge. The no jail time is something the prosecution also agreed to, so it’s really a nothing request by the judge.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
God I hate government.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw