Author Topic: Judge in Flynn case demands more documents before passing sentence  (Read 373 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Judge in Flynn case demands more documents before passing sentence
American Thinker, Dec 13, 2018, Thomas Lifson

Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, who is due to sentence General Michael Flynn next Tuesday, has thrown a wild card on the table, raising the possibility that a miscarriage of justice may finally be called out and the guilty plea coerced by Team Mueller thrown out.  Thanks to the sentencing memorandum filed by counsel for General Michael Flynn, we now see that the FBI used deception to ensnare him in a perjury trap.

[...]

Chuck Ross reports for the Daily Caller News Foundation on Judge Sullivan’s startling order: 
District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on Wednesday ordered Flynn’s lawyers to hand over two documents: a memo that then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe wrote after speaking with Flynn ahead his Jan. 24, 2017 interview with two FBI agents and the FBI summary of notes taken during that same interview.

That summary, known as an FD-302, was compiled on Aug. 22, 2017 by the two FBI agents who interviewed Flynn. It is unclear why the summary was put together seven months after the Flynn interview.

[...]

Judge Sullivan wants to see the documents provided to Flynn’s counsel, but also demands relevant documents from the FBI and special counsel:
Sullivan also ordered the special counsel to hand over any other memos or interview notes relevant to Flynn’s interview.

The judge set a Friday deadline to turn over the documents. He will decide on Flynn’s sentence next Monday

More: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/judge_in_flynn_case_demands_more_documents_before_passing_sentence.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Judge in Flynn case demands more documents before passing sentence
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:30:47 pm »
Don't tell me Stupid Bobby bungled another case.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 03:15:52 pm »
  This guys taint is on everything he touches.

Free Flynn.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 03:18:26 pm »
Good.  I'm glad this judge is using due diligence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 03:25:13 pm »

No, American Thinker has bungled another story, just like when they said the Rosenstein memo would get Manafort's case thrown out and Podesta would get immunity.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.