Author Topic: Astrophysicist – Mini Ice Age is now accelerating – Important video  (Read 812 times)

rangerrebew

Astrophysicist – Mini Ice Age is now accelerating – Important video
December 2, 2018 by Robert   

Contrary to what the politicians are trying to foist on you, a new mini ice age – a new Maunder Minimum – has already started.
Astrophysicist Piers Corbyn

“We are plunging now into a deep mini ice age,” says astrophysicist Piers Corbyn. “And there is no way out.”

For the next 20 years it’s going to get colder and colder on average, says Corbyn.

The jet stream will be wilder. There will be more wild temperature changes, more hail events, more earthquakes, more extreme volcano events, more snow in winters, lousy summers, late springs, short autumns, and more and more crop failures.

https://www.iceagenow.info/astrophysicist-mini-ice-age-is-now-accelerating-important-video/#more-27282

Offline LaRueLaDue

[...] more earthquakes, more extreme volcano events [...]

Not sure how earthquakes and volcanoes are related to the upcoming mini-ice age... They need to stick to the facts.

Offline RoosGirl

Not sure how earthquakes and volcanoes are related to the upcoming mini-ice age... They need to stick to the facts.

There are some comments on the website that address this.  Whether they're correct or not I haven't a clue.

Offline thackney

Not directly from solar activity, but significant changes in glacier weight have been associated with seismic activity.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/melting-glaciers-are-wreaking-havoc-earths-crust-180960226/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:09:29 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline LaRueLaDue

Yes, I saw those... Nothing but simple correlation; no proven cause nor mechanism to link these. Nothing more than arm waving.

Offline thackney

Yes, I saw those... Nothing but simple correlation; no proven cause nor mechanism to link these. Nothing more than arm waving.

from my link:

...During the glacier heyday 19,000 years ago, known as the Last Glacial Maximum, the Earth groaned under the weight of heavy ice sheets thousands of feet thick, with names that defy pronunciation: the Laurentide Ice Sheet, the Cordilleran Ice Sheet, the Fennoscandian Ice Sheet, and many more. These enormous hunks of frozen water pressed down on the Earth’s surface, displacing crustal rock and causing malleable mantle substance underneath to deform and flow out, changing the Earth’s shape—the same way your bottom makes a depression on a couch if you sit on it long enough. Some estimates suggest that an ice sheet about half a mile thick could cause a depression 900 feet deep—about the  of an 83-story building.

The displaced mantle flows into areas surrounding the ice sheet, causing that land to rise up, the way stuffing inside a couch will bunch up around your weight. These areas, called “forebulges,” can be quite small, but can also reach more than 300 feet high. The Laurentide Ice Sheet, which weighed down most of Canada and the northern United States, for example, caused an uplift in the central to southern parts of the U.S. Elsewhere, ancient glaciers created forebulges around the Amazon delta area that are still visible today even though the ice melted long ago....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline LaRueLaDue

from my link:

Yes, I read that. That is true when we have actual continental ice sheets. However, if we go into a "mini-ice age" like a lot are predicting, we will not have continental ice sheets. Thus, ice-age caused earthquakes will not occur.

And so far, I have not seen any credible linkage of this to volcanoes...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not directly from solar activity, but significant changes in glacier weight have been associated with seismic activity.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/melting-glaciers-are-wreaking-havoc-earths-crust-180960226/
That's Isostatic Rebound, and is responsible for a lot of the more recent fracturing in the Canadian Shield. But the ice sheets there were miles thick, and are now gone--far more significant weight than we're talking from a 'mini ice age'.

It warms, it gets colder in cycles. To see disaster around every corner is plenty possible for those who will extrapolate well outside the sine wave as if there would be no reversal--and they'd be right, if not for the cyclical nature of the climate (and weather cycles).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis