Author Topic: Time to allow the Ten Commandments in Texas classrooms? One state lawmaker thinks so  (Read 599 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

State Rep. Dan Flynn of Van wants to make sure that any Texas teacher who wants to display the Ten Commandments in his or her classroom may do so.

That’s why he filed House Bill 307 that says school officials — particularly school board trustees — cannot prevent copies of those commandments from being posted “in a prominent location” in classrooms.

“I think it’s a good idea,” said Flynn. “If a teacher wants to put it in her classroom, she should be able to do it just as if she wanted to put up Halloween, Thanksgiving or any other decorations.

“I think it’s a good list of disciplines that young people would find very meaningful to them.”
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article222625075.html
I just stayed in the Dallas MCM Elegante hotel which posts the Ten Commandments at the front entrance. 

People need that reminder.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington