Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez: Paul Ryan got called a 'genius' when he was elected at 28, I get accused of being 'a  (Read 1904 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Monday compared herself to Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), saying that the outgoing congressman was considered a "genius" when he was elected at 28 while she's been viewed as a "fraud."

"Double standards are Paul Ryan being elected at 28 and immediately being given the benefit of his ill-considered policies considered genius; and me winning a primary at 28 to immediately be treated with suspicion & scrutinized, down to my clothing, of being a fraud," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted, linking to an article from Vox editor-at-large Ezra Klein entitled "Paul Ryan's long con."

Double standards are Paul Ryan being elected at 28 and immediately being given the benefit of his ill-considered policies considered genius; and me winning a primary at 28 to immediately be treated with suspicion & scrutinized, down to my clothing, of being a fraud. https://t.co/KipcyHaaAb

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Ocasio2018) December 10, 2018

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/420662-ocasio-cortez-paul-ryan-got-called-a-genius-when-he-was-elected-at-28-i-get
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe it is because she is a fraud. Running around like Jenny from the Block when she grew up in the richest area of the COuntry, Westchester.

Offline skeeter

Nobody has called you a fraud sweetie. They've called you an idiot, a dingbat, a nitwit. But you appear to be an authentic commie.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What fraud? She's got that "Jew" thing going for her now.   Oh wait she is Catholic?  Oh whatever is a shiksa to do?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I hardly rate Paul Ryan a genius. More a loser, quitter, a selfish profiteer.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. I don't ever remember a ticker tape parade for anything Ryan ever did. He was the man who wasn't there for his whole career.

Offline Polly Ticks

Apparently, she thinks the word "idiot" is spelled f-r-a-u-d.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
A O-C is as bad as Attention Hogg. Look at me!  :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Oceander

Because you’re an idiot, lady.

Offline verga

What fraud? She's got that "Jew" thing going for her now.   Oh wait she is Catholic?  Oh whatever is a shiksa to do?
Years ago a Jewish co-worker explained to me that there are three types of Jews, Ethnic Cultural, and Convenient. AOC appears to b the third type.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

Don’t Underestimate Dumb Voters’ Appetite For Idiot Leftist Politicians
Kurt Schlichter
Posted: Dec 13, 2018

You should not for a moment fail to appreciate the risk posed to your freedom by left-wing It-Fascists like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Beto O’Rourke. There’s an undeniable appeal of this kind of Potemkin Politician for the kind of morons that the Democrats count on at the ballot box. Sure, the Nitwit Naïf is ridiculously ignorant and dumb – she knows nothing and demonstrates no capacity to learn anything. Sure, Tex Kennedy is a meat puppet dancing on the strings held by his masters. But this is the same country where the voters elected Barack Obama, twice.

They can absolutely win power, which means the leftist elite that controls them could win power, and that means disaster for our country. Like an our-country-splitting-apart kind of disaster. So, we need to accurately assess the threat they pose and figure out how to fight it. We need to not fool ourselves into thinking that these two dorks are too goofy for the voters to ever elect, particularly if some Fredocon doofus whose dad used to be a mailman tries to play spoiler.

Remember that a plurality of the voters voted for Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit; the Electoral College is not going to save our freedom forever. We need to get woke to the threat and act accordingly.

Though mocking them is important, because they are clowns and clowns should be mocked, mocking them is not nearly enough. Mockery really only helps reinforce our own morale, assuring ourselves of what we already know – that they are terrible. Our mockery doesn’t affect the dummies. Most liberal voters are just as civics-illiterate as AOC is, so they just shrug when she botches the three branches of government.  ...  Townhall
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's because Paul Ryan was elected by smarter voters.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Elijah Cummings ought to happy.

With her in the news even He doesn't look as stupid as usual.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline dfwgator

Ryan actually made Biden look like a genius, in comparison.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That's because Paul Ryan was elected by smarter voters.

Or so they thought.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Or so they thought.
Well, it was a  pretty low bar....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

Well, it was a  pretty low bar....

A snake in a wagon wheel rut would struggle to slither under it.