Author Topic: Trump clashes with Pelosi, Schumer on border security in explosive Oval Office meeting  (Read 9298 times)

Offline verga

It's about the WALL.  I don't think Chuck squirmed all that much rather to me he came across arrogant and really could give a RATS butt if the government is shutdown or not.  He's not going to budge unless the DEMS get something out of it.  IF Trump goes back to giving them DACA in exchange for the wall, he's lost.  IF the DEMS want amnesty for the wall, he's lost.  Like it or not, the DEMS are in the drivers seat on this one and Chuckie and Nancy know full well, if Trump doesn't succeed now before the new Congress is sworn in, he won't get his wall anytime soon.  Perhaps not even before he leaves office.  That is reality.
Gotta disagree, Trump has the Bully pulpit. He can say he owns the shutdown, but everyone will know that it is because the Dems want open borders and anyone that forgets that will be reminded by Trump and Sarah Huckabee Sanders at every opportunity. This will not end well for the Dems
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

Gotta disagree, Trump has the Bully pulpit. He can say he owns the shutdown, but everyone will know that it is because the Dems want open borders and anyone that forgets that will be reminded by Trump and Sarah Huckabee Sanders at every opportunity. This will not end well for the Dems

Not end well for the DEMS??  What exactly has the GOP done for the past 4 years to fund and erect a wall??  Now at the last hour Trump is going to push for a wall and you think the DEMS are going to cave, because why??  They've been in the drivers seat on this issue for quite awhile.

The DEMS want to increase their voting base.  DACA, amnesty and asylum will do just that.  That's what they want.  They want future assurance that the GOP won't be seated again.  They're close to getting what they want...building a wall won't help their cause. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The DEMS want to increase their voting base.  DACA, amnesty and asylum will do just that.  That's what they want.  They want future assurance that the GOP won't be seated again.  They're close to getting what they want...building a wall won't help their cause.

@libertybele

Unfortunately building a wall won't stop them,either. It will just slow them down,and is nothing but symbolic unless we change our laws and deport EVERY illegal alien we catch. The most important laws we  have to change are the ones that allow non-citizens,even the ones here legally,to draw any sort of benefit  while here. This includes unemployment,food stamps,public housing,enrollment in public schools,etc,etc,etc. Folks,they are going to keep coming as long as we are willing to allow them access to all the free stuff including free (to them,anyhow) money.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:09:33 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

@libertybele

Unfortunately building a wall won't stop them,either. It will just slow them down,and is nothing but symbolic unless we change our laws and deport EVERY illegal alien we catch. The most important laws we  have to change are the ones that allow non-citizens,even the ones here legally,to draw any sort of benefit  while here. This includes unemployment,food stamps,public housing,enrollment in public schools,etc,etc,etc. Folks,they are going to keep coming as long as we are willing to allow them access to all the free stuff including free (to them,anyhow) money.

https://youtu.be/Gf9BeXDVUuw

Correct.  They come for the FREE STUFF,,for them, paid by we the people.  746.3 billion dollars,  each year to deal with illegals.  The wall is cheap, compared. President TRUMP has prior videos of these same Pelosi, Schumer wanting border patrol.  So, were they lying to the American people, wanting that?  YES.
--------------------------

Steven A. Camarota is the director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies.

The findings of this analysis show that the average cost of a deportation is much smaller than the net fiscal drain created by the average illegal immigrant. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reported the average deportation cost as $10,854 in FY 2016. In FY 2012, ICE removed 71 percent more aliens with a similar budget, creating an average inflation-adjusted cost of $5,915. This compares to an average lifetime net fiscal drain (taxes paid minus services used) of $65,292 for each illegal immigrant, excluding their descendants. This net figure is based on fiscal estimates of immigrants by education level from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NAS).1

The total fiscal drain for the entire illegal population is estimated at $746.3 billion.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 07:20:42 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

If anyone can get these vids to play, much appreciated. I've tried 5 ways already.  Still not the correct combo.

https://youtu.be/35hpyBiYUt0

Offline RoosGirl

If anyone can get these vids to play, much appreciated. I've tried 5 ways already.  Still not the correct combo.

I'd do it, but you've got me on ignore so you wouldn't see it anyway.

Online DB

Take the s off of https in your above link and post that instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd do it, but you've got me on ignore so you wouldn't see it anyway.

@RoosGirl
Besides several people have tried to splain it to her but it didn't stick.  One more time for effect:
1. A person posting youtube vids needs the root youtube addy not a shortend link when you post up.
2. Then drop the "S"
3. Hit enter
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

Take the s off of https in your above link and post that instead.

No, that won't work with that mobile link.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl
Besides several people have tried to splain it to her but it didn't stick.  One more time for effect:
1. A person posting youtube vids needs the root youtube addy not a shortend link when you post up.
2. Then drop the "S"
3. Hit enter

Oh well, horse, water and all that jazz.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

I believe a physical deterrent is needed as well.  If you may recall Trump did try to sign new asylum laws and they were overturned by the courts.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:30:47 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I believe a physical deterrent is needed as well.  If you may recall Trump did try to sign new asylum laws and they were overturned by the courts.

I think when the caravan who have created a government of sort admitted that it was a political invasion it gives Trump authority to treat it as such.  They declared they were owed reparations for what was done to Honduras.  They are coming for political invasion.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh well, horse, water and all that jazz.

I do believe Both of the Jazzies know how to post Youtube vids!  wink777

Offline LegalAmerican

No one EVER said that a wall would be 100 % effective.  Only, 99.9 % like in Israel.

So, lets not even build it?  It costs American taxpayers $746.3 BILLION each year to deal with illegals. I think 25 billion is a bargain.  I do agree no more welfare for Illegals.  Who started that?  No doubt a democrat president?

My information is from ICE WEB SITE. You may google.

When I came over, with parents, we had to have a SPONSOR..NO WELFARE. If you weren't productive, self sufficient, you could NOT come into the state even legally. Fees to pay, shots to get, Quarantine. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
So, lets not even build it?  It costs American taxpayers $746.3 BILLION each year to deal with illegals. I think 25 billion is a bargain.  I do agree no more welfare for Illegals.  Who started that?  No doubt a democrat president?

Funny, because I did and Trump said it cost the US $113B annually, in 2016. If it’s gone up that much in 2 years, he really sucks out loud when it comes to enforcement.

On top of that, illegal immigration costs our country more than $113 billion a year. And this is what we get. For the money we are going to spend on illegal immigration over the next 10 years, we could provide one million at-risk students with a school voucher, which so many people are wanting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/us/politics/transcript-trump-immigration-speech.html
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:47:06 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Axeslinger

No one EVER said that a wall would be 100 % effective.  Only, 99.9 % like in Israel.

When I came over, with parents, we had to have a SPONSOR..NO WELFARE. If you weren't productive, self sufficient, you could NOT come into the state even legally. Fees to pay, shots to get, Quarantine.

@LegalAmerican

I tend to doubt your numbers there.  Do you have a link?  The US military budget was “only” 590B.   I find it very hard to believe that 746B figure
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline LegalAmerican

-------------------------

Trump's 5-year ban on welfare for immigrants a welcome tax relief

(That heading SHOULD say ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS)

By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Thursday, June 22, 2017
ANALYSIS/OPINION:

President Donald Trump, in a speech in Iowa, said he’s going to ask Congress to write some legislation that will bar those coming to America from tapping into taxpayer entitlements for a period of five years.
All hail the Trump.

This is one of those common-sense measures that leaves the average American cheering — and the left reeling. After all, a Democrat without a public dole to offer is largely a Democrat without a voter.

What else can a Democrat offer a newcomer to America — a job? A limited government and message of self-worth? Or, how about this: An anti-President Donald Trump sign to wave?.......Truncated
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:51:16 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

"youtu.be/35hpyBiYUt0" is what's called a "tiny-link."  The full link for this video is "youtube.com/watch?v=35hpyBiYUt0&feature=youtu.be."  The forum software cannot render the tiny-links, you must use the full.  Now, using the full link (and removing the "s" from "https//") and posting the straight text of the link, I get this:

Sorry...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:12:14 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Protect our boarders!

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LegalAmerican

"youtu.be/35hpyBiYUt0" is what's called a "tiny-link."  The full link for this video is "youtube.com/watch?v=35hpyBiYUt0&feature=youtu.be."  The forum software cannot render the tiny-links, you must use the full.  Now, using the full link (and removing the "s" from "https//") and posting the straight text of the link, I get this:

Sorry...

Hi and thank you!   So I have to find a long link, on youtube.

:tree3:   8888mistltoe reindeer9999 ***blushing*** 7777sleigh.   I don't see any Christ child logo's.

Offline LegalAmerican

WE WILL GET THE WALL.  HERE IT IS. 
--------------------------------
PUBLISHED: 5:27 PM 18 DEC 2018

Trump Circumvents Dems, Border Wall Funding Found Without Shutdown

Instead of forcing a partial government shutdown, in true negotiator style, the president has announced that the Border Wall funding can be gotten in other ways, making democrats look rather idiotic.
 by Georgette

President Trump, in masterly negotiator style, has avoided a government shutdown and announced that the funding for the border wall has been found in other ways.

Although the media is claiming that President Trump caved, a government shutdown has been avoided by the White House.

Sarah Sanders announced this morning that President Trump has found other ways to get the money needed to properly secure the sovereign border of the United States, all without childish democrat cooperation.
Sanders’ comments come four days before large portions of the federal government would have been shut down for lack of funds.

President Trump has asked for a meager $5 billion to build the border wall, a very, very small amount of money considering the wastes of the previous administration.
Democrats, in typical partisan fashion have vowed to oppose all efforts to prevent illegal criminals from entering the country.

But, Sanders told reporters, “We have other ways that we can get to that $5 billion.”

“At the end of the day we don’t want to shut down the government, we want to shut down the border,” Sanders said.
“There are certainly a number of different funding sources that we’ve identified that we can use, that we can couple with money that would be given through congressional appropriations that would help us get to that $5 billion that the president needs in order to protect our border,” she said.

“We’ll continue to have these conversations with both Senate and House Republicans and Democrats. Our team has been in constant communication,” Sanders said. “We’re going to continue to do that. I’m not going to negotiate here, but we’ve been talking to them just as recently as this morning.”
So, rather than give democrats the ammunition to claim that President Trump is obstinate and opposes to the function of the government, he has pulled the proverbial rug out from under their feet and taken away their leverage.

The border wall will be funded, with or without democrat support, and Donald Trump has shown, once again, that he is above the political maneuvering, meanness, and selfishness that characterizes liberals.

Offline Wingnut

:tree3:   8888mistltoe reindeer9999 ***blushing*** 7777sleigh.   I don't see any Christ child logo's.

Only 4 or 5 of us have tried, repeatedly to get it thru your thick skull how to post vids since you graced us with your presence.  Glad you finally "woke"

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LegalAmerican

Not hard to find. It's in your browser address box as you are on you tube. Just copy and paste that after removing the "S".

Offline libertybele

WE WILL GET THE WALL.  HERE IT IS. 
--------------------------------
PUBLISHED: 5:27 PM 18 DEC 2018

Trump Circumvents Dems, Border Wall Funding Found Without Shutdown

Instead of forcing a partial government shutdown, in true negotiator style, the president has announced that the Border Wall funding can be gotten in other ways, making democrats look rather idiotic.
 by Georgette

President Trump, in masterly negotiator style, has avoided a government shutdown and announced that the funding for the border wall has been found in other ways.

Although the media is claiming that President Trump caved, a government shutdown has been avoided by the White House.

Sarah Sanders announced this morning that President Trump has found other ways to get the money needed to properly secure the sovereign border of the United States, all without childish democrat cooperation.
Sanders’ comments come four days before large portions of the federal government would have been shut down for lack of funds.

President Trump has asked for a meager $5 billion to build the border wall, a very, very small amount of money considering the wastes of the previous administration.
Democrats, in typical partisan fashion have vowed to oppose all efforts to prevent illegal criminals from entering the country.

But, Sanders told reporters, “We have other ways that we can get to that $5 billion.”

“At the end of the day we don’t want to shut down the government, we want to shut down the border,” Sanders said.
“There are certainly a number of different funding sources that we’ve identified that we can use, that we can couple with money that would be given through congressional appropriations that would help us get to that $5 billion that the president needs in order to protect our border,” she said.

“We’ll continue to have these conversations with both Senate and House Republicans and Democrats. Our team has been in constant communication,” Sanders said. “We’re going to continue to do that. I’m not going to negotiate here, but we’ve been talking to them just as recently as this morning.”
So, rather than give democrats the ammunition to claim that President Trump is obstinate and opposes to the function of the government, he has pulled the proverbial rug out from under their feet and taken away their leverage.

The border wall will be funded, with or without democrat support, and Donald Trump has shown, once again, that he is above the political maneuvering, meanness, and selfishness that characterizes liberals.

Please let me know when they actually have the money.  Plain and simple, they don't. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Please let me know when they actually have the money.  Plain and simple, they don't.

@libertybele

Why,so you can complain about where they got it?