Author Topic: Trump clashes with Pelosi, Schumer on border security in explosive Oval Office meeting  (Read 9230 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
President Trump clashed Tuesday with Democratic leaders Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi with the cameras rolling in the Oval Office, as the president insisted he's willing to let the government shut down if Congress doesn't approve funding for his U.S.-Mexico border wall.

"If we don't have border security, we'll shut down the government," Trump said.

The highly anticipated sit-down quickly escalated, in public, as Trump allowed the press to attend the beginning of the meeting. Trump started by repeatedly telling Pelosi, the House Democratic leader, that what she's proposing would not pass the Senate.

Schumer then raised his voice as he claimed the Senate could pass measures to keep the government running regardless.

"If it's not good [on] border security, I won't take it," Trump shot back.

Pelosi and Schumer repeatedly urged the president to take the meeting private, but not before he declared he's "proud to shut down the government for border security" and will "take the mantle."

Pelosi noted, "this has spiraled downwards."

The explosive meeting with Schumer, the Senate minority leader, and Pelosi, the top House Democrat, came hours after Trump threatened Tuesday to have the military “build the remaining sections” of the wall if Congress doesn’t deliver the funding. Vice President Mike Pence was also in attendance.

As Trump began discussing the details of the negotiations, Pelosi said, "I don’t think you should have a debate in front of the press."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-meets-with-schumer-pelosi-amid-wall-deadlock
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As Trump began discussing the details of the negotiations, Pelosi said, "I don’t think you should have a debate in front of the press."

The ONLY reason you don't want the press there is because you can't control the narrative in the setting you were in.

Pelosi and Schumer want say one thing behind closed doors out of distance of the microphones...then rush to the mics and lie about what was said to shape the argument.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:45:48 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Democrats battle over wall in Oval Office spat
By Jordan Fabian - 12/11/18 12:04 PM EST

President Trump on Tuesday engaged in an extraordinary argument with Democratic congressional leaders over his demand for border-wall funding, threatening a government shutdown if he does not get the money. 

"I will be the one to shut it down," he told House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) at the White House.

During the contentious meeting in the Oval Office, Pelosi (D-Calif.) repeatedly asked Trump not to discuss the funding request in front of the news media.

"You will not win," Pelosi told Trump.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/420782-trump-democrats-battle-over-wall-in-oval-office-spat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The ONLY reason you don't want the press there is because you can't control the narrative in the setting you were in.

Pelosi and Schumer want say one thing behind closed doors out of distance of the microphones...then rush to the mics and lie about what was said to shape the argument.

ZACTLY right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING NEWS: Trump in public Oval Office shouting match with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer as president says he will be PROUD to shut down the government to get his wall built - and they call him a 'Pinocchio' and tell him: 'Elections have consequences'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6483303/Trump-says-military-build-wall-Democrats-wont-approve-it.html
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Sorry...

IMO he showed alot of patience with these two prevaricating a**holes.

Offline Polly Ticks

Agreed.

The people's business should be conducted in full view of the people.  Closed door meetings are a symptom of the swamp.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Of course they do.  But one thing I'm wondering about is the mindset of the current crop of democrats.  They're certainly nothing like the democrats of my young adulthood.  But do they really want unlimited occupation by illegals?  I know the politicians have the yen for the built-in votes but do the regular people want that?

The dems ran for two years on Trump hate and got a small majority in the house, but how long will that fly as a platform?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LegalAmerican

I totally support my president TRUMP.   What is it with the NT'S?  MAGAPILL.COM

"SHUTTING DOWN" GOV. IS ONLY FOR FEDERAL GOV.   They receive their funds...later.  That means all the staff to congress, does not get paid. Congress then has to procure their OWN COFFEE.  The hardship.

Was DOES continue,  in Social Security, our Police, & fire fighters. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:23:47 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline skeeter

BREAKING NEWS: Trump in public Oval Office shouting match with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer as president says he will be PROUD to shut down the government to get his wall built - and they call him a 'Pinocchio' and tell him: 'Elections have consequences'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6483303/Trump-says-military-build-wall-Democrats-wont-approve-it.html

So what did the rats say here - that they are willing to compromise with the president by offering some portion of wall funding via a continuing resolution while telling everyone there will be no wall because walls don't work?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
With thousands of migrants rushing the border,  I think this is the hill to die on.   I've never supported shutting down the government for stupid stuff like defunding PP,  but national sovereignty and the security of our borders are worth the price.   Trump is past the most recent election cycle and right now is in as good a position as any to take the pain of a prolonged government shutdown.   

The issue is important,  and easy to understand and articulate to the American people.   Go for it, Mr. President - if Schumer/Pelosi won't approve full funding to secure the border, shut the damn government down.   That's a far better approach than crippling commerce by stopping cross-border traffic. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:45:03 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LegalAmerican

Of course they do.  But one thing I'm wondering about is the mindset of the current crop of democrats.  They're certainly nothing like the democrats of my young adulthood.  But do they really want unlimited occupation by illegals?  I know the politicians have the yen for the built-in votes but do the regular people want that?

The dems ran for two years on Trump hate and got a small majority in the house, but how long will that fly as a platform?

Pelosi has hispanic heritage. I did not know that. Edit; I was wrong, it did sound Hispanic to me.)   Everyone wants to support their heritage except Caucasians are NOT allowed to.  Democrats are anti-American.  Pelosi was an actual card carrying communist.  They want EQUAL MISERY FOR ALL..under that plan, while THEY sit on top in their mansions.  Feudal system.  All about THEIR power, control, forget the rest of lowly society.   OH...Voter Fraud as usual to get in those house members. I think, we the people need to do some 'yellow jacket" on D.C. and remove ALL democrats with pitchforks.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:07:01 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
With thousands of migrants rushing the border,  I think this is the hill to die on.   I've never supported shutting down the government for stupid stuff like defunding PP,  but national sovereignty and the security of our borders are worth the price.   Trump is past the most recent election cycle and right now is in as good a position as any to take the pain of a prolonged government shutdown.   

The issue is important,  and easy to understand and articulate to the American people.   Go for it, Mr. President - if Schumer/Pelosi won't approve full funding to secure the border, shut the damn government down.   That's a far better approach than crippling commerce by stopping cross-border traffic.

:thumbsup:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LegalAmerican

......common sense.  :thumbsup:

Offline Mesaclone

Sorry...

THAT is why Donald Trump is the ONLY man for the job right now...any other Republican in that discussion would have wilted under that spotlight...the man just plain fights for the border wall....fights for Border Security....fights for every Conservative issue....and calls out these Left wing phonies for the vacuous-blathering-hypocrites they are. Put any of the Never Trump Republican in that room...like Flake, Sasse, Murkowski, Kasich, etcetera...and you hear a bunch of mealy mouthed, surrendur monkey, double speak about bipartisanship...ending with the Right giving away everything in a “compromise” and the Left giving up nothing.

Shut it down, Mr President.  And I say this as someone who will not get paid if this happens.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:58:09 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline LegalAmerican

Sure.  UK is where we should get our information from!  Muslim controlled.

Offline LegalAmerican

THAT is why Donald Trump is the ONLY man for the job right now...any other Republican in that discussion would have wilted under that spotlight...the man just plain fights for the border wall....fights for Border Security....fights for every Conservative issue....and calls out these Left wing phonies for the vacuous-blathering-hypocrites they are. Put any of the Never Trump Republican in that room...like Flake, Sasse, Murkowski, Kasich, etcetera...and you hear a bunch of mealy mouthed, surrendur monkey, double speak about bipartisanship...ending with the Right giving away everything in a “compromise” and the Left giving up nothing.

...Love you!     www.magapill.com.   :patriot: :seeya:

Offline skeeter

What you said.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Message from Paul Ryan, to the interests that will pay him when he leaves Congress:

Hey, I did the best I could. Held off border measures, this far. BTW what will my annual take be? $One million combines?

Jhon Boner is making gazzilione$ on just weed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

The new Congress gets sworn in on January 3.  I see this as a last ditch effort and a futile attempt.  This should have been done long ago.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
What you are seeing is the Democrats saying loudly "We will not protect the border. Society's security doesn't matter". All that matters to them is Impeachment.

They learned nothing from 2016.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LegalAmerican

..Pelosi calls my president TRUMP, BUSH half the time. DEMENTIA ON DISPLAY. 

BTW. OBAMA SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT and Pelosi supported it. And Harry Reid. 
They blamed the republicans who were NOT in power.  Gov. shut down means congress won't paid.

Schumer is nuts. Nasty, loud mouthed...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:10:12 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline aligncare

Yes, but what about the very serious issue of Donald Trump’s campaign finance violations and collusion with Russia? Any deal on wall funding would be forever tainted by having been struck with an illegitimate president!!!!

Offline LegalAmerican

Message from Paul Ryan, to the interests that will pay him when he leaves Congress:

Hey, I did the best I could. Held off border measures, this far. BTW what will my annual take be? $One million combines?

Jhon Boner is making gazzilione$ on just weed.

Correct!  One of many, Paul Ryan,  who were PAID by SOROS to be traitors to America.  As long as THEY receive a lot of money for that.  Screw the Americans.  We the peasants.   :patriot: