Author Topic: How Silicon Valley’s Lila Rose Became the Face of Millennial Anti-Abortion Activism  (Read 1111 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How Silicon Valley’s Lila Rose Became the Face of Millennial Anti-Abortion Activism
By Tori Truscheit @toritruscheit / December 5, 2018 12

Lila Rose has had a very good year.

In October, she starred in a just-released mini-documentary from The Atlantic about the anti-abortion organization she founded in her parents’ San Jose living room at age 15. Then she got married and went on a honeymoon, posting to Instagram from the beach with her new, extremely clean-cut husband in matching blue and white outfits. And in the same month, the U.S. Supreme Court confirmed a justice who will likely do more to end abortion than anyone in recent history.

Reproductive justice advocates are preparing for the biggest rollback of abortion rights in decades, and the mood among pro-choice women and sexual assault survivors is low. “It scares me for my daughters and their friends,” says Laura Jimenez, executive director of California Latinas for Reproductive Justice. But Rose told The Atlantic she was “excited to be alive” during this time, when abortion could become illegal everywhere.

Rose, now 30, became a high-profile anti-abortion activist after she pretended to be a 13-year-old and infiltrated Planned Parenthood in 2008, making hoaxy videos that she hoped would get the organization defunded. Even with heavy Breitbart promotion that led to a Congressional investigation, the videos didn’t affect Planned Parenthood’s national funding. “The videos were heavily edited and fraudulently obtained, and ultimately there was no finding of wrongdoing,” says Lupe Rodriguez, spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood Mar Monte and board member at ACCESS: Women’s Health Justice. But they put Live Action, the nonprofit she founded as a homeschooled 15-year-old in her parents’ San Jose living room, on the map.

Read more at: http://www.sanjoseinside.com/2018/12/05/how-silicon-valleys-lila-rose-became-the-face-of-millennial-anti-abortion-activism/

Just saw this.  Will read the full article later, I'm not sure if there could be a slant.