Author Topic: Prosecutors probing potential links between Trump Organization executives and hush-money payments: r  (Read 7840 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Edwards acquittal is easy to explain - idiot jury and no desire for retrial on the other 5 counts.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-edwards-acquitted-1-6-counts-campaign-finance-060024649.html
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:33:07 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:01:16 pm by mystery-ak »

Oceander

Utter media crapola ...

Nope.  Federal election law. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nope.  Federal election law.

It's not.  And you can repeat this another 1,000 times and it still will not be true.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:01:37 pm by mystery-ak »

Oceander

It's not.  And you can repeat this another 1,000 times and it still will not be true.

Yes, it is.  A jury may not find the necessary state of mind - a not unlikely scenario, given how f**king stupid Trump is - but if they do, then it’s a crime. 

Oceander

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:04:11 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline corbe

Even if it didn’t and something illegal took place, it would still be investigated. Whitewater happened before Clinton was president.

And not unlike Starr, Mueller was pretty much handed an open investigation that was entitled to go anywhere, at his discretion. 
   How ever did it go from an Arkansas real estate scam to blue dress stains? 
   Same $hit, different day.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

Yes, it is.  A jury may not find the necessary state of mind - a not unlikely scenario, given how f**king stupid Trump is - but if they do, then it’s a crime.

How dare you.  He’s been consistent and clear about this.  Well...maybe not.

A Short History of President Trump's Changing Story on the Stormy Daniels Payoff

http://time.com/5264555/donald-trump-statements-stormy-daniels-payoff/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Notice how this came out over the weekend with little chance to address it? That's timing, like a Friday afternoon news dump.  Now, we see it's another case of much ado over nothing.

Sorry, but that is the reason.

This, too, is something you can repeat 1,000 times and it still won't make it true. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:04:46 pm by mystery-ak »

Pull up, O, pull up.   :laugh:

Offline edpc

Notice how this came out over the weekend with little chance to address it? That's timing, like a Friday afternoon news dump.  Now, we see it's another case of much ado over nothing.

This wasn’t a surprise. We knew months ago Cohen claimed he made the payments ‘at the direction of a candidate for federal office' (Trump). We also knew Weisselberg was questioned by SDNY.  He and Trump are the executives.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/michael-cohen-pleads-guilty-to-8-counts-including-excessive-campaign-contribution
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:12:10 am by edpc »

Offline Frank Cannon

This wasn’t a surprise. We knew months ago Cohen claimed he made the payments ‘at the direction of a candidate for federal office' (Trump). We also knew Weisselberg was questioned by SDNY.  He and Trump are the executives.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/michael-cohen-pleads-guilty-to-8-counts-including-excessive-campaign-contribution

It didn't mean anything then and it still doesn't mean anything unless you are a rabid anti-American Rat.

Offline edpc

It didn't mean anything then and it still doesn't mean anything unless you are a rabid anti-American Rat.

It must mean something, because Cohen’s lawyer used to be chief of criminal at SDNY and he worked a plea deal, instead of fighting the charge.

Offline Frank Cannon

It must mean something, because Cohen’s lawyer used to be chief of criminal at SDNY and he worked a plea deal, instead of fighting the charge.

Do you know how effed Cohen was on this Taxi Medallion scam? He was going to be gone for at least a decade. Of course he threw shit around to bail himself out.

We were sold your line of MSM bullshit at least 6 times in the last 2 years that Trump was finished because this jackass or the other flipped. Never ever ever pans out. You guys soiled your pants over Manafart taking a deal. Only thing that has happened since then is that Donny is even less involved than we were told then.

Offline DB

Do you know how effed Cohen was on this Taxi Medallion scam? He was going to be gone for at least a decade. Of course he threw shit around to bail himself out.

We were sold your line of MSM bullshit at least 6 times in the last 2 years that Trump was finished because this jackass or the other flipped. Never ever ever pans out. You guys soiled your pants over Manafart taking a deal. Only thing that has happened since then is that Donny is even less involved than we were told then.

Poor Trump. He was bamboozled by a crooked fixer lawyer over a period of 12 years... He never noticed or valued that sleaze that oozed out of him when it was working towards Trump's ends...

Offline Frank Cannon

Poor Trump. He was bamboozled by a crooked fixer lawyer over a period of 12 years... He never noticed or valued that sleaze that oozed out of him when it was working towards Trump's ends...

LOL. Yeah, not like those upstanding statesmen like Clinton, Obama and the 2 Bush's. Were you alive when Papa Bush pardoned Caspar Weinberger the day before his trial where he was going to spill how GHWB was up to his eyeballs in Iran Contra and it was all in a diary the dumb eff had?

Offline DB

LOL. Yeah, not like those upstanding statesmen like Clinton, Obama and the 2 Bush's. Were you alive when Papa Bush pardoned Caspar Weinberger the day before his trial where he was going to spill how GHWB was up to his eyeballs in Iran Contra and it was all in a diary the dumb eff had?

The swamp is deep and wide. There are many players. Doesn't excuse the latest players.

Offline edpc

We have no idea if Trump is less involved, because much of the filing was redacted and the investigation has not concluded. What we do know is Cohen provided “useful information concerning certain discrete Russia-related matters core to its investigation that he obtained by virtue of his regular contact with Company executives during the campaign.”

Offline edpc

He, in fact, looks for those qualities. Roy Cohn was exponentially more of a sleaze and crook than Cohen ever aspired to be.

Oceander

The Orange Koolaid runs strong and deep on this thread. 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
What is a "trumpaloo"

It's regional mutation of a Trumsplican.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Yup.

If these 'True Believers' that someone will get DJT yet were in charge of D-Day, they'd have issued orders that no Germans in those machine gun and 88MM concrete bunkers were to be hurt or get roughed up.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline ConstitutionRose

Explain John Edwards' acquittal, counselor.

I step into this thread with trepidation.  The Edwards trial took place here.  A client was on the jury.  Afterwards, she told me that had Edwards paid out of funds DONATED TO HIS CAMPAIGN, he would have been convicted.  Apparently, the judge's instructions on the law were enough to get Edwards off. 

My thought is that as long as no money donated to the campaign was used, Trump is within the law.  Especially since Trump has done this in the past.

I am very cynical about these things now.  The press blows up on something that will "finish" Trump every few days.  I did not vote for Trump (because I do not believe he has the character I want in a President),  but I am sooooo  weary of this crap from the press.  Combine that with the double standard you see in everything (if a Dem does it, it's a nothing burger, if a Republican does it, it's jail), I don't know what it would take to convince me Trump had done something truly treasonable or criminal.  Shady, yes.  I believe the man is shady, but I also think he is a piker in that category alongside most politicians.  As I said, I have become very cynical.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.