Author Topic: Prosecutors probing potential links between Trump Organization executives and hush-money payments: r  (Read 7843 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Laying down some track and paying for it is not a crime.

In most places in the US it is, but in this case the *way* it was paid for apparently is a crime.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In most places in the US it is, but in this case the *way* it was paid for apparently is a crime.

Nah.  Train keeps on a roll'in.  Flesh for fantasy
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Oceander

Laying down some track and paying for it is not a crime. 

Actually, it is in many places.  Doubly so if the payment was intended to keep the “trackee” from blabbing about the ride during the “tracker’s” political campaign.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Actually, it is in many places.  Doubly so if the payment was intended to keep the “trackee” from blabbing about the ride during the “tracker’s” political campaign.

Victimless crime.   Slap and tickle. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

Sure, for you or me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   There are two known knowns here.

1: Had the bimbo's talked in that last sprint of the election, he never would have been elected.
   2: If he goes down the inconsequential NT'ers will be blamed.

@corbe   No one could blame you for anything.  Trump will not be going down and most people knew about his propensity for fondness for certain types of women ... probably because they took very little effort.

Democrats love the type of guy who preys on underlines or defenseless women and Trump never did that so ... I guess they prefer the Bill Clinton types.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It was apparently a donation to help these girls go to college.  That's not a crime.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Some of us are holding our breath for nothing.  There is no crime here.  If Trump paid these women to get rid of them, it was exactly what they were looking for.  Unless they thought Trump was really, really cute, they made advances to him because he is rich.  They didn't expect to come out of the thing with nothing.  At least Trump didn't rape anyone.  So many dems are culpable.

It is illegal because he made the payments to influence the election outcome.  Like it or not its illegal.  Red State has an article today that says he will be impeached.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Wonder if he regrets getting his dick wet in exchange for all the trouble it is causing him now.  Idiot.

Why is anyone bringing this up now?  It all happened prior to his presidency.  And nothing was against either the law or common practice for way too many politicians.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Wonder if he regrets getting his dick wet mushroom marinated in exchange for all the trouble it is causing him now.  Idiot.

I corrected the phrase to match the Daniels description. Most men have a self-inflicted story of regret, but not necessarily to this degree.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DB

Why is anyone bringing this up now?  It all happened prior to his presidency.  And nothing was against either the law or common practice for way too many politicians.

I think you are about to find out why. It put his fixer lawyer in prison. None of this discussion would be taking place had he not done it.

Offline edpc

Democrats love the type of guy who preys on underlines or defenseless women and Trump never did that so.....I guess they prefer the Bill Clinton types.

Hey, wanna guess the party Donny was affiliated with in 2006?

Online DB

Hey, wanna guess the party Donny was affiliated with in 2006?

And who is Jeffrey Epstein and who did he associate with...

Offline RoosGirl

It was apparently a donation to help these girls go to college.  That's not a crime.

LOL  Sure it was.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
And who is Jeffrey Epstein and who did he associate with...

And who is Katie who accused Donald of rape at an Epstein party?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RoosGirl

Y'all are reaching a bit now.  How about we stick to the more plausible broken law at hand.

Oceander

So what?  If it’s contrary to a statute, then it’s illegal.  Duh.  You may have a valid policy difference with existing law, but existing law makes it illegal. 

Oceander

Uh, no.  The payoffs took place in 2016, during the campaign.

Offline RoosGirl

Shhh...don't tell her that.  She thinks this is about Pam waking up to find Bobby in the shower.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

Even if it didn’t and something illegal took place, it would still be investigated. Whitewater happened before Clinton was president.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Utter media crapola ...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Explain John Edwards' acquittal, counselor.

Online DB