Author Topic: Scientists rip new federal climate report as ‘tripe’ – ’embarrassing’ – ‘systematically flawed’ – K  (Read 4382 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
You realize many of their claims are false?

I don't think there's a conspiracy among the world's climate scientists. If their claims were bogus I'd be hearing a lot about it from more than just the no tricks zone and similar websites.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't think there's a conspiracy among the world's climate scientists. If their claims were bogus I'd be hearing a lot about it from more than just the no tricks zone and similar websites.

Not if they want to keep the money flowing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Dexter

Not if they want to keep the money flowing.

How much money do you think climatologists make? Their jobs are not in danger. They don't need to lie to "keep the money flowing."
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

How much money do you think climatologists make? Their jobs are not in danger. They don't need to lie to "keep the money flowing."

You're becoming a one hit wonder.  Go look around for something interesting to read and comment on that does not involve AGW or climate science.

Offline DB

You are seriously wrong here. How many climatologists do think would have a job now if it weren't for the man made global warming climate change hysteria? Where do you think all those government grants go and who do you think they work for? It isn't like there's much private enterprise demand for them.

It otherwise wouldn't be the growth industry it is today.

Oceander

The Union of Concerned Scientists thinks there's a tremendous amount of evidence.

https://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/global-warming/science-and-impacts/global-warming-science

Again, what does religion have to do with evidence and proof?

I don’t care what they believe, I care what they can prove, and so far, they can’t prove the “anthropogenic” part of “AGW”.

With the level of “proof” you’re offering, you’d do better pointing to the cult of the spaghetti monster, or the flat earth society. 

Oceander

Seriously?  You do know what grant money is, right?   You do know how grant money flows, don’t you?

You really are priceless in this regard.

Offline DB

Again, what does religion have to do with evidence and proof?

I don’t care what they believe, I care what they can prove, and so far, they can’t prove the “anthropogenic” part of “AGW”.

With the level of “proof” you’re offering, you’d do better pointing to the cult of the spaghetti monster, or the flat earth society.

Concerned Scientists... It kind of says it all right there... We can't demonstrate actual causation and we can't isolate natural changes from our concerns but we're concerned about it nevertheless and therefore you should do what we say because we have a consensus among us...

Offline Dexter

You're becoming a one hit wonder.  Go look around for something interesting to read and comment on that does not involve AGW or climate science.

This issue is important to me. It's hard to ignore it when I keep getting pings from people that disagree with me. I am fine with ending the disagreement, but not if tomorrow there's another @Dexter in an AGW skeptic's thread.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

so far, they can’t prove the “anthropogenic” part of “AGW”.

They seem to be extremely confident that a lot of evidence points in that direction.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Seriously?  You do know what grant money is, right?   You do know how grant money flows, don’t you?

You really are priceless in this regard.

Climatology is an important field regardless of AGW. They are not running a racket. There's a lot more money to be made in proving AGW wrong.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:42:37 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Climatology is an important field regardless of AGW. They are not running a racket. There's a lot more money to be made in proving AGW wrong.

How so, @Dexter?  How would I make money proving AGW wrong?

Offline Dexter

How would I make money proving AGW wrong?

I'll start by pointing out that nobody has done that. The skeptics have a different view than the Union of Concerned Scientists. If you could clearly demonstrate what you claim to be true you would be famous. Climatologists are not shrugging off facts that prove their claims false. Every one of them would love to become famous by discovering something that seriously throws AGW into question.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:57:05 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

I'll start by pointing out that nobody has done that. The skeptics have a different view than the Union of Concerned Scientists. If you could clearly demonstrate what you claim to be true you would be famous. Climatologists are not shrugging off facts that prove their claims false. Every one of them would love to become famous by discovering something that seriously throws AGW into question.

Famous does not equal making money. 

Offline Dexter

Famous does not equal making money.

Name recognition is a very valuable thing. Being immortalized in history books is a very valuable thing. The scientist that proves AGW wrong will not need to worry about money.
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

Name recognition is a very valuable thing. Being immortalized in history books is a very valuable thing. The scientist that proves AGW wrong will not need to worry about money.

Fine, even if that's right, there's a crap load of them making dough off proving it correct right now.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. What a clown show....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Do you understand how the system works?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Apparently the misunderstanding is shared by the leading scientists in the field as well as every scientific institution on Earth.

:pondering:

@Dexter

Dexter, what is strange is that I don't see any left leaning tendencies in your posting history outside this climate change debacle.

I know you are young bright individual , but who got to you and brainwashed you?  Our schools system? Some mentor? 

There is so much evidence being collected now, that this is pure hokum.....   I wonder why you are holding on?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

@Dexter

That is incorrect Dexter.  It is the opposite.  Do you not remember my example a few weeks ago of Dr. Gray of Colorado State?

Before this bull shit, Dr. Gray was considered the leading authority in hurricane prognostication.  Once he spoke of the truth of this sham, he was blackballed and cast out like a heretic.  Any smart low payed met guy is going to keep his mouth shut, so not to be railed out of the Weather Club.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

@Dexter

Dexter, what is strange is that I don't see any left leaning tendencies in your posting history outside this climate change debacle.

I know you are young bright individual , but who got to you and brainwashed you?  Our schools system? Some mentor? 

There is so much evidence being collected now, that this is pure hokum.....   I wonder why you are holding on?

You've just missed it.  He also thinks college should be "free" and that the US should pattern itself after the Scandinavian socialst system.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You've just missed it.  He also thinks college should be "free" and that the US should pattern itself after the Scandinavian socialst system.

Complete with ME refugees?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Looks like I was wrong on two accounts.  Bright and not left leaning.  Wonder why he posts here?