Author Topic: Fifth Coldest October/November On Record In The US  (Read 10510 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Fifth Coldest October/November On Record In The US
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2018, 12:36:02 am »
What field are you an expert in?

You wouldn't believe me and it doesn't matter anyway because it's not relevant to climate science, and that is the point. Being smart and knowledgeable in your own field does not make you an expert in fields you are not trained in.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2018, 12:39:05 am »
You wouldn't believe me and it doesn't matter anyway because it's not relevant to climate science, and that is the point. Being smart and knowledgeable in your own field does not make you an expert in fields you are not trained in.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2018, 12:42:01 am »

Oh, but it does matter, otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to tell us that you know more about science than we think you do, and it would give us some insight into why you take the position you do.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2018, 01:07:51 am »
Oh, but it does matter, otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to tell us that you know more about science than we think you do, and it would give us some insight into why you take the position you do.

I got a master's degree in cyber security after doing 4 years in the military in a communications MOS. I get paid to break through security systems so they can be made better. Nothing I do is directly related to climate science. I know quite a lot about computer science.
-Socrates

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2018, 01:25:08 am »
I got a master's degree in cyber security after doing 4 years in the military in a communications MOS. I get paid to break through security systems so they can be made better. Nothing I do is directly related to climate science. I know quite a lot about computer science.
I had a coworker at Lockheed that was cyber security in the Air Force Reserve. I lost touch with him when they activated him. My son just recently changed fields from programming to cyber security.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2018, 01:25:27 am »
If a climate scientist tried to tell me how to do my job I would laugh in their face. I'd expect the same treatment if I told them how to do their job.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:27:27 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2018, 01:26:04 am »
 People get all upset when I say ; weather. 

https://youtu.be/7W33HRc1A6c

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2018, 02:11:20 am »
I call BS on this. My son pointed out that after Army beat Navy last year, the team made snow angels on the field. They didn’t make snow angels this year because there was no snow. The obvious answer is globull warming.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2018, 02:31:47 am »
If a climate scientist tried to tell me how to do my job I would laugh in their face. I'd expect the same treatment if I told them how to do their job.

Yeah... but then there is the hacker - an autodidact, with no fancy paper, that walks right through your work. Science has its place, but...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:07:57 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2018, 02:34:19 am »
the hacker - a didactic, with no fancy paper, that walks right through your work.

Thank you for displaying the depth of your ignorance when it comes to my profession. I feel it is relevant.
-Socrates

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2018, 02:37:42 am »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2018, 02:56:07 am »
Thank you for displaying the depth of your ignorance when it comes to my profession. I feel it is relevant.

Oh, I am not ignorant of your profession.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2018, 04:05:13 am »
Science is built upon previous knowledge, new  information, data, logic and math.

The validity of theories, depend on the quality of both data and logic.

Just having a bunch of crappy data, does not overcome faulty logic.

The finding that Leif Eriksson "discovered" North America came during my lifetime.

Cracking the Enigma code during my parents'

The Wright Brothers' flights during my grandparents'

I truly expect during the next couple of generations, climate science may develop different, from the current "consensus."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2018, 04:11:15 am »

See, now that wasn't so hard, was it?  Thank you for your service.

I think there are two things going on with "climate science" that you are confusing or not making clear.  One is whether there is an upward, downward or no trend in temperatures.  This is not a difficult math problem, just tedious.  The other is if there is an upward or downward trend, *why* is it happening.  This may be the part that you are discussing in depth climate science knowledge and experience to understand.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2018, 04:25:15 am »
See, now that wasn't so hard, was it?  Thank you for your service.

I think there are two things going on with "climate science" that you are confusing or not making clear.  One is whether there is an upward, downward or no trend in temperatures.  This is not a difficult math problem, just tedious.  The other is if there is an upward or downward trend, *why* is it happening.  This may be the part that you are discussing in depth climate science knowledge and experience to understand.

I simply do not believe that so many climate scientists all over the world would sell out to their governments to the extent that they would outright lie about their findings. These are not evil people.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:26:58 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2018, 04:28:30 am »
I simply do not believe that so many climate scientists all over the world would sell out to their governments to the extent that they would outright lie about their findings. These are not evil people.

Perhaps some combination of evil, greedy, easily swayed by peer pressure, scared.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2018, 04:30:54 am »
Perhaps some combination of evil, greedy, easily swayed by peer pressure, scared.

To keep a conspiracy like that under cover you would have to have a pretty smooth operation going. Is this the same government that you think can't do anything right?
-Socrates

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2018, 04:31:58 am »
So the NOAA and Rutgers U aren't valid, credentials, credible sources now?
Isn't Rutgers like 1-11 this season.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2018, 04:37:09 am »
To keep a conspiracy like that under cover you would have to have a pretty smooth operation going. Is this the same government that you think can't do anything right?

They haven't done a good job of hiding their lies.  Do you remember there were articles on it years ago when the IPCC was caught "fixing" data?  There was an email trail of it.  But they've got the liberal media to help them along the way and keep information that they don't want getting out from getting much attention.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2018, 04:38:44 am »
The finding that Leif Eriksson "discovered" North America came during my lifetime.

That's a good example. The knowledge was always there, and in fact, Leif Eriksson didn't 'discover' America either... There are artifacts in central America with Sumerian writing on them, for Pete's sake. Egyptian, Celtic, and more. America has been discovered and rediscovered over and over again, and the argument can be made that some, especially in the north, and especially to the northwest, that some folks always knew it was there.

'Knowledge' is often self limiting, because it can't think out of its own preconceived box.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2018, 04:42:46 am »

Why? The Piltdown man was a known fake, but it remained in the science books for decades. There is known faulty and fabricated nonsense in the books today too, being taught as knowledge.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:43:28 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2018, 04:53:19 am »
They haven't done a good job of hiding their lies.  Do you remember there were articles on it years ago when the IPCC was caught "fixing" data?  There was an email trail of it.  But they've got the liberal media to help them along the way and keep information that they don't want getting out from getting much attention.

You think they have been fixing the data ever since then? We would be finding out about it constantly. There is no way in hell a bunch of scientists would go along with that bullshit. These skeptics you point to have not proven the climate scientists wrong. They have different opinions. I don't care what Al Gore says. To be completely honest I didn't even watch his documentary. Anybody can say any stupid ass shit. You need to take the climate scientists seriously. A lot of very smart and knowledgeable people really want us to listen to what they are saying about their area of expertise. I do not think it's a conspiracy.
-Socrates

Online DB

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2018, 05:37:02 am »
You think they have been fixing the data ever since then? We would be finding out about it constantly. There is no way in hell a bunch of scientists would go along with that bullshit. These skeptics you point to have not proven the climate scientists wrong. They have different opinions. I don't care what Al Gore says. To be completely honest I didn't even watch his documentary. Anybody can say any stupid ass shit. You need to take the climate scientists seriously. A lot of very smart and knowledgeable people really want us to listen to what they are saying about their area of expertise. I do not think it's a conspiracy.

My lying eyes... So I guess you won't believe what the thermometer says outside your house until a "scientist" tells what it really is after they adjust the data... Funny how virtually the "adjustments" to the actual measurements are upwards... Very rarely downwards... And that's in spite of many of the weather stations  they use data from suffering from the urban heat island affect as time goes on... 50+ Years ago many were located in isolated areas with dirt/nature around them and slowly towns/cities were built around many of them with concrete and pavement heating things up locally. Providing biased data towards warming.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2018, 01:02:04 pm »

They were fixing the data up until thrn, why would a few news articles that only a handful of inconsequential people remember stop them?  There's a pretty common sense approach to tell whether they are telling the truth. Ask yourself, has their story changed? Is what they are claiming is happening ever changed?  Have any of their prediction come to fruition?