Author Topic: HERE WE GO: TED CRUZ ANNOUNCES BILL TO GIVE TRUMP $25 BILLION FOR BORDER WALL  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And with the Dems taking over the House, for sure, nothing will be done now.  Face it, @Emjay   You, I and everyone else here and every voter who voted for Trump and the Republicans have been hornswoggled.

We were hornswoggled by Paul Ryan.  May he languish in ignominy for the rest of his days.

Offline DB

Bush said mission accomplished.

:shrug:

Bush never said what you claim. The aircraft carrier was returning home after being out at sea for many months during a war. Their mission had been accomplished and they were celebrating their return home. Their commanders were honoring their achievement for their families to see at port. But you like the left lied about it to claim it meant something entirely different which it did not all for political points. In doing so you stole the sailors hard earned praise to take a cheap shot at Bush.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Impossible, but the wall will help to mitigate the problem. It's even more important that we have consequences for illegal immigration. There is no incentive for them to stop.

Right in combination with the wall we need common sense regulations concerning welfare, birth right and chain migration.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oh, my bad. Is it safe to say it was implied by the president, or was he unaware of the big banner behind him?

You mean before he saw it?  I doubt he was.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
You mean before he saw it?  I doubt he was.

I have a bridge for sale.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Did you not understand the other posts on the subject?  Let me know and I'll try to explain them to you again.

Offline DB

That would be consistent with the honesty of your claim.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
That would be consistent with the honesty of your claim.

Whatever.

I wasn't even trying to go after Bush. I was just making the point that nobody in politics delivers as much as they promised.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline DB

Whatever.

I wasn't even trying to go after Bush. I was just making the point that nobody in politics delivers as much as they promised.

The truth matters.

"Fake but accurate" is not truth.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
kevindavis wrote:
"Question, I thought that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.."

I don't give a hoot WHO "pays for it", so long as it gets built.

I'd suggest that Mr. Trump suggests some kind of privately-funded financing, set up like a "gofundme" campaign by which ordinary citizens could contribute to the project.

If I knew the money was going to be used for barrier construction, I'd contribute.

Would YOU consider doing so?

Offline DB

kevindavis wrote:

I'd suggest that Mr. Trump suggests some kind of privately-funded financing, set up like a "gofundme" campaign by which ordinary citizens could contribute to the project.

If I knew the money was going to be used for barrier construction, I'd contribute.

Even if you know its going to be abandoned the next election cycle?

Online libertybele

kevindavis wrote:

I don't remember the name of the organization that I contributed to over 10 years ago, but $$ was supposedly to fund a portion of the border wall and along with it a small American flag would be placed.  I'd venture to say, my contribution didn't go to that cause. 

For one, even IF we citizens contributed the money for a wall, doesn't the government have right away or authority along the border and they would have final say as to what can or cannot be placed along the border??  The EPA could also fight it saying a wall would be bad for the environment.  There are all kinds of opposition and hurdles that have been through against building a wall that have succeeded. 

IF the wall was going to get built, it would have been approved and erected long ago.  Does the 2006 Secure Fence Act ring a bell with anyone??  Here we are 12 years later....sorry folks, but this is nothing but hype and lip service.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

We were hornswoggled by Paul Ryan.  May he languish in ignominy for the rest of his days.

Every Republican in DC shares the blame, Trump included. 

Every Republican in DC shares the blame, Trump included.

No @appleewood not every Republican .... those that voted against the funding share the blame.  And the President is most certainly not included in this group, no matter how hard you pray for it to be true.

Online libertybele

It's really pretty stupid to believe that the same leadership in the House and Senate as the prior year would produce different results.  When Lyin' Ryan proclaimed that 'they' really had a chance now that they had a full majority, I wanted to puke.  When it was announced the both he and the Turtle were voted leaders again, I knew it was gong to be the same ole same old.

Trump has been a positive surprise; Ryan has been the same disappointment as usual.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goodwithagun

@kevindavis

Translation: "I am a whiny bitch and really don't care about the Wall. I just want to sew Trump fail."

I’ll have my alterations gal look into it, but she’s a Trump supporter so I don’t know if she can do that for you.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Applewood

No @appleewood not every Republican .... those that voted against the funding share the blame.  And the President is most certainly not included in this group, no matter how hard you pray for it to be true.

I'm not talking just about the wall.  Actually, I don't care if it's built or not.  I've always said what is needed is to enforce the immigration laws, stop letting in everyone and anyone with his/her hand out and cut off all the benefits.  Trump was the snake oil salesman who sold you and the rest of his supporters on a wall.  What good is a wall if we are still going to have openings in it letting in every person with a phony hard luck story who refuses to go through the legal immigration process?

Every Republican including Trump talks big, promising to fix a broken immigration system.  They've been talking about it even before Trump ran foe president.   But they haven't done anything.  They are all liars.  We say Democrats want the illegals and so-called "refugees" to just walk in.  But the Republicans also don't really care to fix the problem.  If they did, the problem would have been fixed by now. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I’ll have my alterations gal look into it, but she’s a Trump supporter so I don’t know if she can do that for you.

hahahaha
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Every Republican including Trump talks big, promising to fix a broken immigration system.  They've been talking about it even before Trump ran foe president.   But they haven't done anything.  They are all liars.  We say Democrats want the illegals and so-called "refugees" to just walk in.  But the Republicans also don't really care to fix the problem.  If they did, the problem would have been fixed by now. 

The President has been steadfast in his push for immigration reform @Applewood   But alas, the constitution requires the congress to act and pass reforms.

Many entrenched congressional Republicans have been as big a problem as the democrats have been.  Maybe this crew in the House without Ryan at the helm, even though the minority, will be unified in one, loud, insistent voice for reforms.  The new members of the Senate caucus are supporters of the President and are in office due to his help, so we could well see more unity there, too.

Time will quickly tell the outcome.

Online libertybele

The President has been steadfast in his push for immigration reform @Applewood   But alas, the constitution requires the congress to act and pass reforms.

Many entrenched congressional Republicans have been as big a problem as the democrats have been.  Maybe this crew in the House without Ryan at the helm, even though the minority, will be unified in one, loud, insistent voice for reforms.  The new members of the Senate caucus are supporters of the President and are in office due to his help, so we could well see more unity there, too.

Time will quickly tell the outcome.

It's hard to tell.  IMHO I think the House is going to be a disaster for Trump even with Ryan gone in the House.  The Senate as you stated may prove to be his saving grace, but my concern is Trump just may lean more left to get something accomplished.  At that point, I don't see McConnell holding to the right.

Personal question here.  Do you see Trump running for re-election in 2020??

It's hard to tell.  IMHO I think the House is going to be a disaster for Trump even with Ryan gone in the House.  The Senate as you stated may prove to be his saving grace, but my concern is Trump just may lean more left to get something accomplished.  At that point, I don't see McConnell holding to the right.

I'm not convinced it will be a disaster @libertybele  Although maybe hope does spring eternal  happy77.   But I see two things in our favor:  we sometimes do better with our messaging as a united minority than a governing majority.  I think the remaining republican house members lean more to the right and are more pro-Trump than the 31 that cut and ran under the cover of "retirement".  I think our positioning could well slow down the demonrats, even win a few rounds ... and expose them for what they are .... all pluses for 2020.  The key will be a unified message.  Fingers crossed.

Our new Senate majority is courtesy of the President's efforts.  They will stand with him.  I don't see the President moving left to get something done.  Rather, I see him pocketing campaign issues with a winning message when what the voters want fails because of the demonrats.

He already is.  I posted his reelection website last night:  https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

The reelection campaign paid for the rallies during the midterms --- and those rallies were used to test market a few 2020 campaign slogans:  "Keep America Great", "Promises Made, Promises Kept", "Finish the Wall" and others, along with Trump/Pence 2020 etc. posters and sweatshirts.

He's also been putting together his campaign reelection team for months, moving some out of the WH and over to the reelection staff.

I get a kick out of so many questioning whether or not the President will run or not.  He's doing it now.     :patriot:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 03:33:51 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

I'm not convinced it will be a disaster @libertybele  Although maybe hope does spring eternal  happy77.   But I see two things in our favor:  we sometimes do better with our messaging as a united minority than a governing majority.  I think the remaining republican house members lean more to the right and are more pro-Trump than the 31 that cut and ran under the cover of "retirement".  I think our positioning could well slow down the demonrats, even win a few rounds ... and expose them for what they are .... all pluses for 2020.  The key will be a unified message.  Fingers crossed.

Our new Senate majority is courtesy of the President's efforts.  They will stand with him.  I don't see the President moving left to get something done.  Rather, I see him pocketing campaign issues with a winning message when what the voters want fails because of the demonrats.

He already is.  I posted his reelection website last night:  https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

The reelection campaign paid for the rallies during the midterms --- and those rallies were used to test market a few 2020 campaign slogans:  "Keep America Great", "Promises Made, Promises Kept", "Finish the Wall" and others, along with Trump/Pence 2020 etc. posters and sweatshirts.

He's also been putting together his campaign reelection team for months, moving some out of the WH and over to the reelection staff.

I get a kick out of so many questioning whether or not the President will run or not.  He's doing it now.     :patriot:

Thanks for the info and your honest answer. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You didn't ask me but I definitely think Trump will run in 2020.  He's accomplished a lot already and he has plenty of energy to do it.  In fact, I think campaigning energizes him.  I though he would get tired of the work of being President but he's shown no sign of it and he would have no significant primary foes.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
You don't know the half of it @corbe.  If we beat Philly today I am gonna actually put the Cowboy sticker on my car !! haha

But why not be optimistic?  There is a chance that this will get done and, if it does, I will be happy.

And if it never gets done, I will not have spent my life moaning, carping and complaining, but in hope and happiness.

And if we only get a small pct of the 25, we will Have that, which we wouldn't have had otherwise.

Then, we keep going back for More.

Grow Up NT whiners. It is Happening, even if it's one bite at a time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:45:48 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

Years ago, I had a boyfriend who assured me his "ex" was out of the picture.  Yet, time and again, I found out he was still seeing her.  Took a while and so many lies and broken promises  before I finally had enough and kicked him to the curb. 

Trump supporters are just like I was.    As long as they continue to believe the lies, Trump and the Republicans will continue to repeat those lies over and over again.   Why not?  In their eyes, we are all gullible fools.  We will believe anything.

Good luck, guys.  I'm done believing.