Author Topic: Kitty keychains are banned in Texas. But one lawmaker wants to change that  (Read 669 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Dallas News by Lauren McGaughy 12/3/2018

A lawmaker has filed a bill to undo the state's ban on brass knuckles, a law that also prohibits Texans from carrying the kitty-shaped key chains that have become fashionable self-defense items with women.

Rep. Joe Moody, D-El Paso, filed House Bill 446 on Monday. A former prosecutor who chairs the House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee, Moody was spurred to action after The Dallas Morning News reported that possessing self-defense key chains is also prohibited under the law that bans knuckles.

More: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-legislature/2018/12/03/texas-lawmaker-files-bill-undo-ban-brass-knuckles-kitty-keychains

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Kitty keychains are banned in Texas. But one lawmaker wants to change that
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:00:28 am »
About 10 years ago, I had something on a key-chain for self-defense.... I remember now, not the exact name of the object but what it looked like, a kind of built up hollow object that might be best described as looking like a stake. I still have it. I guess it could serve it's purpose.  I know there are a number of these self-defense types of objects.  They say they can work.

Believe it or not, I think some of these types of objects have their origins from being used by, Ninjas. No joke, look at that kitty-keychain.