Author Topic: Al Sharpton’s daughter gets $95K settlement for sprained ankle  (Read 586 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dominique Sharpton, daughter of shakedown artist Al Sharpton, scored a $95,000 settlement from the city over a sprained ankle — even though she had posted snaps of herself on social media climbing a mountain in Bali and strutting around in high heels just seven months after the fall.

It took nearly four years, but de Blasio administration lawyers finally threw in the towel in the case.

“After a thorough evaluation, we determined that settling this case was in the best interest of the city,” said a spokesman for the city Law Department.

The 32-year-old Brooklyn resident, who is the eldest daughter of the activist and TV host, sued the city in April 2015 for $5 million after “severely” injuring her right leg on cracked pavement crossing Broadway at Broome Street in 2014.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/07/sharptons-daughter-gets-95k-settlement-for-sprained-ankle/
“Sounds like a f- -king de Blasio administration settlement to me. It’s really worth about half that, not even, maybe $25,000 or $35,000,” said the lawyer, who asked not to be identified.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Al Sharpton’s daughter gets $95K settlement for sprained ankle
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 06:31:35 pm »
Well I guess it must be important to be connected, four years ago I had a trip and fall due to a 3/4 inch difference between sidewalk joints, the portion of sidewalk in front of me was that much higher. I split my lip, pushed teeth out of alignment chipping one and badly bruised my bad knee along with damaging my glasses. My settlement for actual injuries and damages? jack friggin diddly...................because an attorney told me there are hunf=dreds of miles of sidewalk in the city and they can't be expected to keep them all in repair at all times. 9999hair out0000

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 07:03:32 pm »
The horse apple doesn't fall far from the horse's ass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 07:04:10 pm »
That lawyer should earned his 40%
Countdown to Resignation