Author Topic: Why Stalingrad Was the Bloodiest Battle of World War II (and Perhaps of All Time)  (Read 1311 times)

rangerrebew

November 28, 2016 

Why Stalingrad Was the Bloodiest Battle of World War II (and Perhaps of All Time)

No battle was more intense.
by Daniel L. Davis 

Since July 2012, the world has watched in horror as the once-beautiful and vibrant Syrian city of Aleppo has been transformed into a perpetual battlefield. Those killed in Aleppo, as well as throughout the rest of Syria during the civil war, are reported to be approximately three hundred thousand . During the U.S.-led war in Iraq from 2003–11, one study reported that 405,000 Iraqis were killed as a direct result of combat, and from 2001–15, an additional 91,991 people were killed due to war in Afghanistan, for a three-country total, over a fifteen-year period, of 796,991. As staggering as the death toll in these wars have been, it pales in comparison to what remains the world’s most barbaric city fight, the Battle of Stalingrad, in which an incomprehensible 1.9 million German and Soviet soldiers and civilians are estimated to have been killed in six months.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-skeptics/why-stalingrad-was-the-bloodiest-battle-all-world-war-ii-18535

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
 :thud: maybe only surpassed by the Russo-American War of 2019

Mod Note:  We are not amused by the Nazi reference in your attachment.  Don't do it again.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:31:15 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I always thought Stailingrad was one of those things that stripped naked the real essence of Leftism to it's core. Just a couple of maniacal dictators trying to prove who's was bigger.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It was a shining example of why you don't let politicians run wars. A German retreat would have saved that army.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LucasWhite

:thud: maybe only surpassed by the Russo-American War of 2019

Mod Note:  We are not amused by the Nazi reference in your attachment.  Don't do it again.

"We" or just "you"?  This thread is about Nazis.  Can I post a pic of Napoleon in a Napoleon thread?  Or a Julius Caesar pic in a Julius Caesar thread?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:26:16 pm by LucasWhite »

Offline Mod5

"We" or just "you"?  This thread is about Nazis.  Can I post a pic of Napoleon in a Napoleon thread?  Or a Julius Caesar pic in a Julius Caesar thread?

"We." This was discussed in the Mod Room.  Mods very rarely act alone. For example, let's say we don't like your arguing with us.  I can't ban you for it without a thorough airing in the Room, including @mystery-ak, the owner.  We don't like editing or deleting comments, so rest assured that if it happens, the Mods and the owner agree.

Offline LucasWhite

"We." This was discussed in the Mod Room.  Mods very rarely act alone. For example, let's say we don't like your arguing with us.  I can't ban you for it without a thorough airing in the Room, including @mystery-ak, the owner.  We don't like editing or deleting comments, so rest assured that if it happens, the Mods and the owner agree.

This type of thread gets my passion going, and it is hard not to.  If you don't mind answering, did you agree with Google's recent decision to not show the nazi flag in their inline search results?  They just had a generic grey block for Nazi Germany when something such as the Battle of Stalingrad was searched.  It looks like even they might have reversed their decision because it is currently showing again.  To me, censorship like they enacted in that case is a great crime, but I am always willing to listen to and consider the opposing argument.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:11:54 pm by LucasWhite »