Author Topic: Linda Sarsour (Discover the Networks)  (Read 805 times)

rangerrebew

Linda Sarsour (Discover the Networks)
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:08:11 pm »
Linda Sarsour
Last updated: December 6, 2018

Born in 1980 in Brooklyn, New York, Linda Sarsour is a Palestinian-American community activist who has served as executive director of the Arab American Association of New York (AAANY) since 2005. She is also a board member of the Muslim Democratic Club of New York(MDCNY), and a member of the Justice League NYC. When American troops took a disheveled …

Born in 1980 in Brooklyn, New York, Linda Sarsour is a Palestinian-American community activist who has served as executive director of the Arab American Association of New York (AAANY) since 2005. She is also a board member of the Muslim Democratic Club of New York(MDCNY), and a member of the Justice League NYC.

When American troops took a disheveled and pathetic-looking Saddam Hussein into custody in December 2003, Sarsour lamented the capture of the Iraqi president because he was viewed as a hero by so many Palestinians. “I think he’s done a lot of things he shouldn’t have done,” said Sarsour, “but I was hurt. My Arab pride was hurt. Palestinians are under so much oppression and no other Arab country ever helped them.”

https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individuals/linda-sarsour/