Author Topic: Washington Nationals  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Washington Nationals
« on: December 06, 2018, 04:04:42 am »
I just became a fan and even bought a hat. I intend to go to a Nationals game next season. Max Scherzer, Juan Soto, Bryce Harper. Good team. Any Washington Nationals fans posting on this message board?
I won't accept.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Washington Nationals
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:52:12 pm »
I just became a fan and even bought a hat. I intend to go to a Nationals game next season. Max Scherzer, Juan Soto, Bryce Harper. Good team. Any Washington Nationals fans posting on this message board?
Calling @DCPatriotwink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 06:11:30 am »
 :amen: and a home run.
I won't accept.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 04:22:27 pm »
I don't know if Harper is staying in DeeCee, but you'll have Patrick Corbin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 06:59:12 pm »
I don't know if Harper is staying in DeeCee, but you'll have Patrick Corbin.

Thats a pitcher for a hitter. Good pitching wins games but it takes a solid pitching roster. The Nationals have a strong lineup. If a good hitter leaves it could cost you a fistful of games.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 07:00:49 pm by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 07:33:59 pm »
Thats a pitcher for a hitter. Good pitching wins games but it takes a solid pitching roster. The Nationals have a strong lineup. If a good hitter leaves it could cost you a fistful of games.

Hi there, @Skeptic   @EasyAce

I'm tickled pink about the Corbin signing.   A solid lefty to augment Scherzer and Str'burg. 

Gio had been mediocre and ineffective far too long, IMO.

That said, I'd seriously look into the NATS' training regimen/disciplines for answers why their STARTING BLEEPING LINEUP hasn't played together for almost two seasons running.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 08:47:44 pm »
Hi there, @Skeptic   @EasyAce

I'm tickled pink about the Corbin signing.   A solid lefty to augment Scherzer and Str'burg.
@DCPatriot
It's a solid find for the Nats. Assuming Strasburg's health remains intact, that's one deadly 1-2-3 punch in their rotation. 

. . . I'd seriously look into the NATS' training regimen/disciplines for answers why their STARTING BLEEPING LINEUP hasn't played together for almost two seasons running.
I'd be looking into the same thing for a lot of teams. (Like, for example, how on earth did the Mets get laid out by the disabled list two years running, both in the starting lineup and on the mound? Who's minding the medical store for the Nats, the Mets, and a lot of other teams, competent medical people or Dr. Hugo Quackenbush?)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 08:48:21 pm »
@DCPatriot
By the way, guess who gets to hang at the winter meetings this time?

Hint--they're happening at Mandalay Bay, in my burg.  wink777

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 09:02:09 pm »
@DCPatriot
By the way, guess who gets to hang at the winter meetings this time?

Hint--they're happening at Mandalay Bay, in my burg.  wink777

:beer:  Glad you're getting the opportunity, @EasyAce   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 09:05:44 pm »
:beer:  Glad you're getting the opportunity, @EasyAce
:beer:

I was too late to get a press credential (I could have had one as a member of the Internet Baseball Writers Association of America) because I spaced on the deadline to apply, but you don't need press credentials to hang there. I did it when they were in Anaheim, too, when I lived in southern California, and I got to talk to a lot of baseball people there, including and especially one-time A's pitching prospect Kirk Dressendorfer, whose shoulder blew out before he got a real shot but who was then working for the Astros' Round Rock Express affliate. (He works for Dell now . . . )

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 09:57:55 pm »
@Skeptic

Furthermore, regarding the NATS:

The thought of an Eaton, Robles, Soto and Taylor after one season will have you asking, "Bryce Who?"

BTW, I love Wieters behind the plate, but if they can land Realmuto?  WOW!

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 03:04:20 pm »

Sorry...

I found this video on YouTube. Like you said, good pitcher. But with pitching limits on modern baseball it takes 3 good pitchers to cover what 2 good pitchers could do in 1990. Tough times for the mound.
I won't accept.