Poll

Busing Illegals to Sanctuary Cities, Good Idea or Bad?

Great Idea
16 (69.6%)
Terrible Idea
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: April 17, 2019, 03:52:14 pm

Author Topic: Busing Illegals to Sanctuary Cities, Good Idea or Bad?  (Read 2721 times)

Offline corbe

Busing Illegals to Sanctuary Cities, Good Idea or Bad?
« on: April 12, 2019, 03:52:14 pm »
Moving migrants to sanctuary cities sounds like a perfect idea

Published 4 hours ago on April 12, 2019   

By Kerry Marasco ï‚™ 

Call me crazy, but I see nothing wrong with the idea.

Twice in the last few months, White House officials proposed transporting migrants who could not be detained after filing for asylum to sanctuary cities where they would be released. The idea was shot down by the ICE legal department and others who felt it would be too expensive, could increase chances of liability, and would be a bad public relations move.

Maybe I’m not seeing clearly without a law degree or a PR mindset, but this sounds like the exact appropriate message that needs to be sent to Democrats. They want sanctuary cities. They want migrants to roam free through the interior of the nation. Why not give them what they want?

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2019/04/12/moving-migrants-sanctuary-cities-sounds-like-perfect-idea/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Busing Illegals to Sanctuary Cities, Good Idea or Bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 03:53:21 pm »
   Just releasing them for a future court date they will never show up for is ludicrous.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 04:07:31 pm »
Releasing them is a bad idea, but releasing them into sanctuary cities is better than just releasing them.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 03:32:24 pm »
They should be summarily returned to the $h!thole from which they came. If we don't have the stones to do that, ship them to the sanctuary cities. I hear they love 'em there.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 03:35:07 pm »
I voted good idea but  I will note that not everyone who lives in a sanctuary city agrees with those particular policies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 04:47:11 pm »
Releasing them is a bad idea, but releasing them into sanctuary cities is better than just releasing them.

Exactly.  Sending them to "sanctuary" cities/states is the next best thing, rendered necessary by the never-ending stream of Injunctions from low-level Federal Judges in the Ninth Circus.

Either President Trump tells the court to pound sand (Old Hickory style) or obeys the Judges and releases them into leftist paradises.  He's been resistant to the sand option, and I'm pretty tired of MS-13 thugs being dumped in Arizona.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 11:57:10 pm »
How about an option to ship them all right into the effing District of Columbia??

Flood that miserable sewer with them.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:49:19 pm »
Anything other than immediate deportation is idiocy.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 11:09:00 pm »
   Another Generation protected a Border, which wasn't even ours, but just as long, fought back against all odds, and won. 
   The Mesicans have obviously declared War and we are still puzzys stuck in tweetville. **nononono*

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 03:22:27 pm »
What exactly forces them to stay in said cities versus move on to where they were originally going- thus the government is actually an actor in illegal human trafficking.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 03:57:02 pm »
What exactly forces them to stay in said cities versus move on to where they were originally going- thus the government is actually an actor in illegal human trafficking.

If they're getting what they want and in a welcoming environment, I expect many of them will stay.

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 04:11:10 pm »
If they're getting what they want and in a welcoming environment, I expect many of them will stay.

Which goes back to the second part of the comment which is that it now makes the federal government an actor or an accomplice in human trafficking.

Not to many think beyond the 'trolling' part to the actual impact. The federal government would be releasing what it describes as 'the worst' on to the streets of this country. It would be taking them to areas that position themselves as 'welcoming' and providing the most benefit. It will shove them off the radar for later apprehension. And it legitimizes the entire 'sanctuary city' action by recognizing the status.

Will Trump be quick to damn his own administration if a MS13 member he freely released into a sanctuary city kills someone, as he does others who have 'let them walk in'?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 04:14:22 pm by ABX »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 04:15:19 pm »
Which goes back to the second part of the comment which is that it now makes the federal government an actor or an accomplice in human trafficking.

Not to many think beyond the 'trolling' part to the actual impact. The federal government would be releasing what it describes as 'the worst' on to the streets of this country. It would be taking them to areas that position themselves as 'welcoming' and providing the most benefit. It will shove them off the radar for later apprehension. And it legitimizes the entire 'sanctuary city' action by recognizing the status.

Will Trump be quick do damn his own administration if a MS13 member he freely released into a sanctuary city kills someone, as he does others who have 'let them walk in'?

I don't know about that.  If you were able to show that you had done due diligence in keeping them out, before resorting to put them in a location that they were welcomed in, it might be hard to hold them liable.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 04:33:17 pm »

Will Trump be quick to damn his own administration if a MS13 member he freely released into a sanctuary city kills someone, as he does others who have 'let them walk in'?

That is a totally irrational point of view. Trump is being ordered by law to let them in. These sanctuary areas are essentially welcoming illegals.

However, I fully expect certain people to blame Trump if an illegal kills someone in NYC instead of killing someone in Oklahoma City.

Offline ABX

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 04:36:25 pm »
That is a totally irrational point of view. Trump is being ordered by law to let them in. These sanctuary areas are essentially welcoming illegals.

However, I fully expect certain people to blame Trump if an illegal kills someone in NYC instead of killing someone in Oklahoma City.

If he is ordered by law to 'let them in', the moment they step in, other laws are in place that allow them to be detained like any other criminal- not released. Some judge may be saying 'open the door', but when their foot steps on this soil, they are violating federal law and can be arrested. Not bussed to a paradise and released with no recourse.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 04:59:44 pm »
If he is ordered by law to 'let them in', the moment they step in, other laws are in place that allow them to be detained like any other criminal- not released. Some judge may be saying 'open the door', but when their foot steps on this soil, they are violating federal law and can be arrested. Not bussed to a paradise and released with no recourse.

As Americans, we know these aren't "paradises," they are third-world shitholes.  Like San Fran and LA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 06:11:06 pm »
I saw the mayors of Oakland, San Jose, and Seattle just losing their minds over this on TV Sunday Night.

:cool:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 07:23:24 pm »

Zadvydas v. Davis stipulates illegals cannot be held longer than 6 months, and we have no physical means to hold so many for even for that long. As long as illegals are gaming this asylum bullsh*t there is little recourse.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 09:17:59 pm »
I saw the mayors of Oakland, San Jose, and Seattle just losing their minds over this on TV Sunday Night.

:cool:

Gee, one could be forgiven for thinking these three think illegal immigrants are deplorable or something.   333cleo
I will NOT comply.