Author Topic: Trump shrugs off future debt crisis: ‘I won’t be here’  (Read 8084 times)

Online libertybele

Nonsense. The people that run everything will not let their game fall apart.

I'm beginning to wonder if you live in reality or somewhere in la la land?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online The_Reader_David

Spoken like a true Keynesian.   The same attitude evinced by J.M. Keynes, the great advocate of deficit spending as economic stimulus, when he said "In the long run, we're all dead."  (Though it predates him:  the old pagans said "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.")
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online The_Reader_David

Nonsense. The people that run everything will not let their game fall apart.

That was the attitude of the populace during the period of decadence that preceded every sudden collapse of an empire or civilization.  And at some level they were right:  the people that ran everything didn't "let their game fall apart", but it and everything around it fell apart anyway.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I think it is now normal for millennials to live in la la land and think it is reality.

Online libertybele

I think it is now normal for millennials to live in la la land and think it is reality.

My advice to them is to head "west", California is a wonderful place!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
My advice to them is to head "west", California is a wonderful place!

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

There was a movie made a few years back, I think it fits this discussion perfectly.

Don't blink, here's the sequel:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I don't doubt Trump may have said something like that.  I just doubt the spin being put on his comment.

Trump proposed big entitlement cuts in his 2019 budget, which didn't go through.  So, you could take his alleged comment as meaning "if future Congresses/Presidents are unwilling to cut spending, that's on them."

Offline aligncare

Today’s media has elevated the misrepresentation of Donald Trump’s comments to an art form. It has nothing to do with truth and everything to do with the establishment bureaucracy and its media supporters’ hatred for the man.

Online libertybele

I don't doubt Trump may have said something like that.  I just doubt the spin being put on his comment.

Trump proposed big entitlement cuts in his 2019 budget, which didn't go through.  So, you could take his alleged comment as meaning "if future Congresses/Presidents are unwilling to cut spending, that's on them."

Gee thanks for the interpretation of what he probably could have meant.   :whistle:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Amazing how some people want to have it both ways...they will believe unnamed and "Anonymous" sources when they are posting OpEds against Trump denounce the same kind of sources out of hand with articles like this.

I believe he probably said it...especially since he had no problem putting his signature on the last budget that got passed...and probably one of those anonymous #resist types that work in the Executive Branch is the leaker of this most recent quote.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:43:14 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Readin' Dave wrote:
Though it predates him:  the old pagans said "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

Sounds like a practical and pragmatic philosophy, if you ask me.

Re "the debt":
It will be addressed.... someday.
That time remains A LONG ways off. Perhaps decades into the future.

The problem will remain "unfixed" until things break down so badly that by then it MUST be "fixed". But... not until that time arrives.

I doubt many of the ol' folks of this forum will live to see it.

(channeling old police shows):
"that is all...."

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
That time remains A LONG ways off. Perhaps decades into the future.

Generations more likely. The next 100 years will be crucial. We need to help young people.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

Generations more likely. The next 100 years will be crucial. We need to help young people.

You remind me of my 6 year old, to whom "help" means doing it for him.

Online roamer_1

No. We have to help old people. And the downtrodden.

Offline Dexter

It amazes me the way some of you prioritize things. History will see your generation as the one that tripped and lost us our place in the world.
-Socrates

Online corbe

I date a 54yo Woman that has that same train of thought @RoosGirl I wish someone would have nipped it in the bud when she was 6.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

It amazes me the way some of you prioritize things. History will see your generation as the one that tripped and lost us our place in the world.

History won't even write about your generation because the 'apathy' of it all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

It amazes me you think you need and deserve things handed to you on a silver platter.

Offline Dexter

It amazes me you think you need and deserve things handed to you on a silver platter.

I don't need anything personally. I want my generation and the one that follows it to be successful. You're kidding yourself if you think financial success wasn't a lot easier when you were young.

-Socrates

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I don't believe in abortion. But if I had a time machine I would have paid for a taxi ride to a planned parenthood office for your mother.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

I don't need anything personally. I want my generation and the one that follows it to be successful. You're kidding yourself if you think financial success wasn't a lot easier when you were young.

Like you said previously, you don't *want* to sound like you think you're special, but you do think you're special, that you've done things that other people aren't smart/clever enough to do.

Online roamer_1

Success has to be earned. It comes no other way.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't believe in abortion. But if I had a time machine I would have paid for a taxi ride to a planned parenthood office for your mother.

Some people provide an example to others of what not to be.

Offline Dexter

Success has to be earned. It comes no other way.

Our young people earned their education by being the Americans that will shape our future.
-Socrates