Author Topic: Trump shrugs off future debt crisis: ‘I won’t be here’  (Read 8082 times)

Offline libertybele

Man it would really help a lot of young people if the government took one of those trillions it tosses around at bullshit and like, eliminated student loan debt.

Can't tell here if your being serious or joking ?? I'll assume because of some of your other posts that you are serious.

Perhaps it would do a lot of young people good to advise them if they can't afford college then they shouldn't go or perhaps work while they are going to college to pay for it!  It's a no brainer and has been done for decades.  It's pretty stupid to take out a loan that you can't afford to pay off. Those that have already taken the plunge and are in debt need to get debt counseling to help them pay it off!!

No one paid for my children to go to college, nor did we expect them to.  We funded a college program for both of them when they were very young and it was affordable by the time they were ready to attend.  We also paid for their books and dorm and they worked and paid for whatever else they wanted.  No, they didn't attend ivy league schools, but they don't owe on student loans either. No free ride.  No debt. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

You mean some of the dollars that the government took out of my paycheck for all of my working life after I paid for my own education?  The hell with that.

However, you can send in your money for that purpose if you like.  The IRS has a way for you to do that.  Just go to the IRS site.

That's the funny thing.  It wouldn't come out of your tax dollars. Your tax dollars aren't "enough" to cover the current ridiculous spending levels.  It would just be paid for with more borrowing.

Who do these idiots think is going to end up footing the bill for all this "free" stuff they want?

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Who do these idiots think is going to end up footing the bill for all this "free" stuff they want?

If we can blow 21 trillion on bullshit we can blow 1 trillion on giving an incredible amount of young people an edge. If Obama gave a damn about Americans that would have been his stimulus package. Maybe he could have thrown another trillion at making sure old people don't lose everything when they get sick. Maybe we could make a ridiculous amount of jobs for the economy by throwing a couple trillion at rebuilding our infrastructure. Let's build the wall while we're at it. None of these people are fighting for us.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:19:22 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline corbe

Apparently the Millennia's are still under the mistaken impression of 'Don't worry Mom & Dad will pay it off'
   So typical of those slackers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

If we can blow 21 trillion on bullshit we can blow 1 trillion on giving an incredible amount of young people an edge.

Yeah... because your free stuff is of course, the important free stuff.

STOP spending money. We are on the fast track to Venezuela.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wars for the warmongers that profit off of them.

Which ones are those @Dexter

Yeah... because your free stuff is of course, the important free stuff.

STOP spending money. We are on the fast track to Venezuela.

We aren't.  You and me will be long since put out to the porch or the pasture when it comes time to pay the bill.  It's the idiots who think they can make things free by fiat that will end up paying the price.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Man it would really help a lot of young people if the government took one of those trillions it tosses around at bullshit and like, eliminated student loan debt.
It's not "my" (taxpayers) fault that a lot of stupid asses took out loans for college degrees that are, for all intents and purposes, completely effin' useless and they now find they can't repay their OBLIGATION.

And yet, you want "me" (taxpayer) to bail them out of their stupid ass decisions?

Get bent.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

If we can blow 21 trillion on bullshit we can blow 1 trillion on giving an incredible amount of young people an edge.

Young people "on edge"?  On EDGE?  Just who the hell raised this generation of snowflakes?

God help us.

It's not "my" (taxpayers) fault that a lot of stupid asses took out loans for college degrees that are, for all intents and purposes, completely effin' useless and they now find they can't repay their OBLIGATION.

And yet, you want "me" (taxpayer) to bail them out of their stupid ass decisions?

Get bent.

:hands:

Online roamer_1

We aren't.  You and me will be long since put out to the porch or the pasture when it comes time to pay the bill.  It's the idiots who think they can make things free by fiat that will end up paying the price.

I don't think that's right... I think that unless there are drastic steps taken to reign in the fed, you and I will see it fall before we die. Our children and our grand children will suffer the consequences.

Offline Dexter

Get bent.

That extra trillion we'd owe to the banks would really impact your life, huh?
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

I don't think that's right... I think that unless there are drastic steps taken to reign in the fed, you and I will see it fall before we die. Our children and our grand children will suffer the consequences.

Nonsense. The people that run everything will not let their game fall apart.
-Socrates

Get bent.

But, but, they have it so hard and stuff.  Do you have any idea what a burden it is to be expected to actually pay your own bills?

Offline Frank Cannon

If Trump said this, which is highly dubious, he is totally correct. I have been hearing the panic freaks about the debt for 40 years now. All claiming any minute we are going to collapse. We had one of the biggest collapses ever in '08 and not only did we manage through, we are rebounding like crazy now. Debt could sink us but it is going to be so far down the road most of us here won't be alive to see it.

Online roamer_1

Get bent.

Roger that.

(LOL! let's see which way that statement is taken  :silly:)

I think it'll go on longer than we will.  The US has the great "advantage" of having the reserve currency and being the great safe haven, so we can put off the damage much longer than others.

Which may be unfortunate.  We may well be the last generation capable of getting through it while preserving liberty.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If Trump said this, which is highly dubious, he is totally correct. I have been hearing the panic freaks about the debt for 40 years now. All claiming any minute we are going to collapse. We had one of the biggest collapses ever in '08 and not only did we manage through, we are rebounding like crazy now. Debt could sink us but it is going to be so far down the road most of us here won't be alive to see it.

The reports of the demise of the United State have been greatly exaggerated.   But not without those who wish to see it happen,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

Did someone say Get Bent?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

Tell that to Charles Ponzi.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Sooner or later, you run out of other people's money.

True. Always.

Offline Frank Cannon

The reports of the demise of the United State have been greatly exaggerated.   But not without those who wish to see it happen,

Just like all the rest of the Global Warming/Global Cooling/Peak Oil/Fiat Currency Is Dead crowd who has been making dire predictions (and setting up money making ventures from such) telling us for decades we are all doomed. They say this and that WILL happen in 10 or 20 years and when we get there they get stuck moving the goals another 10 or 20 years.

Wake me up when something actually happens.

Just like all the rest of the Global Warming/Global Cooling/Peak Oil/Fiat Currency Is Dead crowd who has been making dire predictions (and setting up money making ventures from such) telling us for decades we are all doomed. They say this and that WILL happen in 10 or 20 years and when we get there they get stuck moving the goals another 10 or 20 years.

Big difference.  All but one of those groups claim a 10-20 year time frame.  The one that doesn't has always ended up being right.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Sleep tight.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Get bent.

888high58888

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.