Author Topic: Trump shrugs off future debt crisis: ‘I won’t be here’  (Read 8077 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump shrugs off future debt crisis: ‘I won’t be here’
by Caitlin Yilek
 | December 05, 2018 02:28 PM

President Trump is dismissing the importance of paying down the national debt, saying he won’t be in office to take blame for the nation's fiscal crisis when it becomes even more unsustainable, according to a report Wednesday.

The national debt sits at $21 trillion and counting. As a candidate, when the national debt was $19 trillion, Trump promised to erase the entire debt “over a period of eight years.”

Senior administration officials showed Trump charts and graphics in early 2017 that illustrated a “hockey stick” spike in the debt in the coming years. Trump said the data showed the national debt would only become untenable after he left office, the Daily Beast reported.

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” Trump said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-shrugs-off-future-debt-crisis-i-wont-be-here
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

People close to the president told the news outlet that the national debt never actually bothered Trump, despite his public comments about it.

“I never once heard him talk about the debt,” one former White House official said.

More unnamed "officials" get the spotlight.

Disappointing.

Offline libertybele

IF Trump does not keep his promise on the WALL, the mounting debt and the border wall could very easily make him a one term president.  He has a very small window in which to get the budget for the wall passed.  It's not going to happen -- if he was going to get his wall, it would have already happened.

The next two years are going to get even tougher for him. My hunch is he won't run again anyways.  For him to have this attitude won't help should he seek re-election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Disappointing.

Unless you can show me the Tweet,....didn't happen.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bilo

I can't fault him for being indifferent. Who in Congress is willing to do anything about entitlements and the built in annual increases in budgets?

Everybody is passing the problem on to the next guy. When the day comes that people would rather buy Chinese bonds rather than USA bonds people will see how bad the problem is, but by then it will be to late.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't recognize 'unnamed officials'.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Seems like unnamed sources are all the media uses to report on Trump these days.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Source: thedailybeast.

I don't recognize 'unnamed officials'.

Disappointing.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump shrugs off future debt crisis: ‘I won’t be here’

No politician is stupid enough to say that, though they may mean it deep down.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

88devil

Offline DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Sure...like nobody would be stupid enough to hire Cohen, think meeting with Russian representatives during the campaign was a good idea, tell voters ‘lock her up’ sounds great on the campaign trail, but now we don’t care....

On and on.....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

This is the same guy who tossed a Starburst to Angela Merkel saying 'don't say I never gave you nothin'. The media will happily take one of his dad jokes out of context if it makes for some negative reportage.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Sure...like nobody would be stupid enough to hire Cohen, think meeting with Russian representatives during the campaign was a good idea, tell voters ‘lock her up’ sounds great on the campaign trail, but now we don’t care....

On and on.....
Don't deflect.   Talk to the issue at hand.  Did Trump say it?  What say you Eric.

Offline edpc

Did Trump say it?

This is the same guy that bragged about securing $700B for the military last year, then tweeted how crazy that was just a couple days ago. So, he has a propensity for saying contradictory stupid things.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 01:23:26 am by edpc »

Offline DCPatriot

His pure determination to stick with his 'Can't Miss' strategy to increase the standard of living for all Americans through lower taxes, deregulation and the use of a tariffs to enforce better trade agreements.

He's betting that more employed Americans equals more taxes collected.

And like I've said many times.  What Obama did by bringing the debt to $19 Trillion...what's the difference between 19 and 28?

Nothing.  It's all Monopoly money at this point anyway.

...and we're not going to be here.   :laugh:

Offline Wingnut

This is the same guy that bragged about securing $700B for the military last year, then tweeted how crazy that was just a couple days ago. So, he has a propensity for saying contradictory stupid things.

And that is your evidence.   "A propensity for saying contradictory stupid things"?

Offline edpc

And that is your evidence.   "A propensity for saying contradictory stupid things"?

Yes, because there’s a record of it. If someone told me Rosey Grier crochets, it’s believable and makes sense, because he does needlepoint. So, it’s entirely believable Trump would say ‘so what’ to the deficit, given he’s publicly dismissed other things he’s previously made an issue.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is the standard view of most Americans.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

Yes, because there’s a record of it. If someone told me Rosey Grier crochets, it’s believable and makes sense, because he does needlepoint. So, it’s entirely believable Trump would say ‘so what’ to the deficit, given he’s publicly dismissed other things he’s previously made an issue.

That is a lot to digest.  I will say Roosevelt Grier was a hellofa guy. He disarmed Sirhan Bishara Sirhan. He reportedly was a NFL Football player and also a master crocheter. But I think you are pulling a non sequiturs out of thin air in an atempt to promote your argument.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

That is a lot to digest.  I will say Roosevelt Grier was a hellofa guy. He disarmed Sirhan Bishara Sirhan. He reportedly was a NFL Football player and also a master crocheter. But I think you are pulling a non sequiturs out of thin air in an atempt to promote your argument.

There’s nothing to promote. I believe he said it, because he’s prone to saying dumb things and he’s more interested in what makes him look good or bad, over what’s best for the country. You don’t believe it. That’s pretty much the end of the story.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:21:37 am by edpc »

Offline Wingnut

There’s nothing to promote. I believe he said it, you don’t. That’s pretty much the end of the story.

Proof is still needed.  Respectfully my old friend, till then, we have an internet stalemate.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

I can't fault him for being indifferent. Who in Congress is willing to do anything about entitlements and the built in annual increases in budgets?

Everybody is passing the problem on to the next guy. When the day comes that people would rather buy Chinese bonds rather than USA bonds people will see how bad the problem is, but by then it will be to late.

China owns a pretty small amount of our debt. Most of it is owed to banks and social security.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

China owns a pretty small amount of our debt. Most of it is owed to banks and social security.

Actually around 5%  = appx. $1.17 T   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:50:28 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.