Author Topic: The Real War on Science. The Left has done far more than the Right to set back progress.  (Read 585 times)

rangerrebew

The Real War on Science
The Left has done far more than the Right to set back progress.
John Tierney

My liberal friends sometimes ask me why I don’t devote more of my science journalism to the sins of the Right. It’s fine to expose pseudoscience on the left, they say, but why aren’t you an equal-opportunity debunker? Why not write about conservatives’ threat to science?

My friends don’t like my answer: because there isn’t much to write about. Conservatives just don’t have that much impact on science. I know that sounds strange to Democrats who decry Republican creationists and call themselves the “party of science.” But I’ve done my homework. I’ve read the Left’s indictments, including Chris Mooney’s bestseller, The Republican War on Science. I finished it with the same question about this war that I had at the outset: Where are the casualties?

https://www.city-journal.org/html/real-war-science-14782.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:34:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Ask NASA about the casualties. NASA has become an unstable leftist mob-like entity far removed of the kind of people who launched the organization at the start. Add that they receive some of the highest reaching budgets of any science organization in the world and you got all the elements for a long term disaster. Most scientists are a quiet, mind their own business sort but NASAs fame is getting to its head.
I won't accept.