Author Topic: The official schedule to honor President George H.W. Bush  (Read 10328 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: The official schedule to honor President George H.W. Bush
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2018, 10:17:13 pm »
Supposedly, when the end of the world is near, CNN will play that before signing off for the last time.

Ah............ does CNN fancy itself to be the Titanic?  happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2018, 11:45:30 pm »

This is a very touching photo as is the moment it captures.  But it is not unusual.  Every funeral I have attended where a son stands before his father's coffin and offers a glimpse into the man he knew has this moment, sometimes more than one.   I've witnessed it from family, friends, colleagues and near strangers --- just without cameras to capture it.

A father loving his children and children returning that love is the norm.  It is not rare and it is not unique to the Bush family.  Trying to make it so diminishes us all and elevates them beyond reason.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:46:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2018, 11:50:58 pm »

« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2018, 11:54:14 pm »
Former Presidents and guests mingle before George H.W. Bush funeral   
(Big hug from Merkel for Obama .... and Cheney's still keeping an eye on him  happy77)

Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2xvtqVdWEo

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:57:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2018, 12:11:11 am »

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2018, 12:13:33 am »

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2018, 12:14:42 am »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2018, 12:26:24 am »
Rush had a substitute host today, but I didn't spot him at the Cathedral.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2018, 01:21:39 am »

Oooh.... I absolutely love her coat.  Tres chic!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2018, 02:20:06 am »
I just watched the homily by Rev. Dr. Levenson again (taped because my husband missed it), and it occurred to me that those who scoffed most at this sacred service needed its message most.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2018, 02:21:28 am »
Oooh.... I absolutely love her coat.  Tres chic!

There are rumors here in Ohio that Condi may have some leadership with the Cleveland Browns in the future.

Not only might we start winning, but we'll be a lot classier!  happy77

Offline Idiot

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2018, 02:50:12 am »
Awesome idea! I took you up on your offer...

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,342895.0.html
I must say that you are being VERY UNKIND. 

Offline Idiot

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2018, 02:55:54 am »
That picture captures it.
As I watched this today memories came flooding back of watching V.P. Bush speaking to our group at the RNC in Dallas and how much we all enjoyed getting to see him.  He wasn't my favorite president, but he was the V.P. to him.  He made mistakes as we all do....but he served his country honorably.

It was touching to see W show his emotions remembering his father.  Anyone who has lost their father understands.... 

May God bless the Bush family!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2018, 03:26:21 am »
Obama  seemed to maintain that Mussolini-like chin in the air throughout the service.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2018, 03:33:50 am »
As I watched this today memories came flooding back of watching V.P. Bush speaking to our group at the RNC in Dallas and how much we all enjoyed getting to see him.  He wasn't my favorite president, but he was the V.P. to him.  He made mistakes as we all do....

Don't tread onto 41's mistakes @mrpotatohead ---- or you'll be disappointed with the clarifications and proof you receive in reply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2018, 04:06:36 am »
As I watched this today memories came flooding back of watching V.P. Bush speaking to our group at the RNC in Dallas and how much we all enjoyed getting to see him.  He wasn't my favorite president, but he was the V.P. to him.  He made mistakes as we all do....but he served his country honorably.

It was touching to see W show his emotions remembering his father.  Anyone who has lost their father understands.... 

May God bless the Bush family!

He already has.  happy77

Offline libertybele

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2018, 06:59:10 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2018, 02:28:58 pm »
Navy salute to George H.W. Bush: Record-breaking 21-jet memorial flyover in Texas

Navy salute to George H.W. Bush: Record-breaking 21-jet memorial flyover in Texas
by Maria Biery
 | December 05, 2018 04:43 PM

The U.S. Navy will honor the late President George H.W. Bush with a record-breaking 21-aircraft memorial flyover formation on Thursday when the president is laid to rest in College Station, Texas.

Naval aviators will fly in a "missing man" formation, which typically only involves four planes. The tribute to Bush will mark the largest missing man formation ever performed, according to Navy officials.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/navy-will-perform-record-breaking-memorial-flyover-for-george-h-w-bush
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2018, 02:35:41 pm »
Don't tread onto 41's mistakes @mrpotatohead ---- or you'll be disappointed with the clarifications and proof you receive in reply.
I honestly think Pres. Bush did what he thought was right as did his son.  None of us are perfect....

« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2018, 02:51:08 pm »
I honestly think Pres. Bush did what he thought was right as did his son.  None of us are perfect....

I honestly think this isn't the thread to discuss this @mrpotatohead   And a discussion is warranted because your statement raises the question: "Right for whom?"

Offline musiclady

« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2018, 02:58:28 pm »

@mrpotatohead - you don't need permission to say nice things about President Bush.

The service in Houston is at 11:00.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Missing Man Flyover........... it's a significant military honor.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:59:35 pm by musiclady »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2018, 03:11:51 pm »
@mrpotatohead - you don't need permission to say nice things about President Bush.

The service in Houston is at 11:00.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Missing Man Flyover........... it's a significant military honor.
Pres. Bush is an adopted Texan.  We can criticize him....but heaven help them if a non-Texan does it....lol.  Kind of like my sister-in-law.....I can criticize her all I want, but when a non-family member does it...protection mode comes out.  happy77

The company I worked for had season Texas Ranger seats right behind where, then Texas Governor Bush sat.  He was so kind to everyone.  He was an honorable man as was his father.  Looking at the 8 years of Obama, I'd say we were dang blessed to have the Bushes.   

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2018, 03:15:54 pm »

I am, too.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2018, 03:44:10 pm »
C-SPAN coverage has resumed.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2018, 03:53:34 pm »
Good grief...just saw the Oakridge Boys coming in for the funeral.