Author Topic: The Definitive Guide to Tipping at Any Restaurant in America  (Read 2863 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: The Definitive Guide to Tipping at Any Restaurant in America
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 02:17:36 am »

@roamer_1 I would think you could just skip disappointing the middleman this time of year and just buy your pizza pre frozen at your local grocery store.

Yes @corbe ... The budgetary allotment allows 4 crappy freezer pizzas per month, or the same prerequisite used for the parts and sundries to build my own...And on that note, it is normally way better to build my own than to rely on freezer pizzas... As by the time I am done, I have to jack up the crappy freezer pizza anyway. All it really saves is the time bustin the tube and getting the dough spread out decent...

But ALL of that still entails me doing it... The whole purpose behind delivery is a selfish need for service, which I need, dammit, now and then... Unless there is a lady friend involved, wherein the motive is somewhat otherwise - A show of stable income, a test of trust (let her get it from the guy with my wallet), or a gesture toward giving her a break for the evening (which I did purposefully in my marriage).

Offline corbe

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 02:26:05 am »
   So you don't leave an extra $20 on the nightstand cause your eggs were runny?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 02:27:27 am »
Perzackly.  If delivery is tough (for whatever reason), then they get extra whether they had a hard time or not.  These guys will be serving me again someday and I want them to remember me, especially if I'm a long way from the shop.

Yep. Same with the diners. I tipped well, and paid hard for more work and faster service, when I was in business, and driven by my PIM. Every waitress in town knew who I was by name, and every hostess knew to seat me with a well qualified waitress. Not that I was hard to serve, but if I threw down they had to deliver, and wanted to, because I made very sure they were recompensed for their efforts.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2018, 02:28:33 am »
   So you don't leave an extra $20 on the nightstand cause your eggs were runny?

Depends... Is there some sort of potato?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2018, 02:31:23 am »
Yes @corbe ... The budgetary allotment allows 4 crappy freezer pizzas per month, or the same prerequisite used for the parts and sundries to build my own...And on that note, it is normally way better to build my own than to rely on freezer pizzas... As by the time I am done, I have to jack up the crappy freezer pizza anyway. All it really saves is the time bustin the tube and getting the dough spread out decent...

But ALL of that still entails me doing it... The whole purpose behind delivery is a selfish need for service, which I need, dammit, now and then... Unless there is a lady friend involved, wherein the motive is somewhat otherwise - A show of stable income, a test of trust (let her get it from the guy with my wallet), or a gesture toward giving her a break for the evening (which I did purposefully in my marriage).

All true.  "Daddoo's dinner Night" = Pizza Delivery.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2018, 10:25:01 pm »
   If I had enough money to pay your back salary, I'd fire you!

:cool:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2018, 10:28:17 pm »
After a couple of decades of playing in night clubs and bars, I'll even tip 10% when I am not happy.
I've seen too many waiters, waitresses, and bartenders treat terribly over the years.
In Texas, many are paid under minimum wage, because it is expected that they will make it up in tips.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:30:33 pm by GrouchoTex »