Author Topic: Ted Cruz says he's dropped 'Lyin Ted' nickname and ended feud with Trump  (Read 413 times)

Online corbe

Ted Cruz says he's dropped 'Lyin Ted' nickname and ended feud with Trump

Andrew O'Reilly By Andrew O'Reilly | Fox News

Sen. Ted Cruz says his feud with President Trump is long gone.

He says he's Lyin’ Ted no more.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, declared on Saturday night that the ignominious nickname bestowed on him by President Trump during the 2016 campaign season has been relegated to the annals of history -- as has the feud between Cruz and Trump.

"This was also a breakthrough year in which my presidential sobriquet went from 'Lyin’ Ted' to 'Beautiful Ted,'" Cruz joked during a speech at the Gridiron Club. Cruz was joking, in the spirit of the roast.

He also quipped: “I gotta say, that new pet name felt like it really hit the mark. Why else do you think I’m growing a beard?"

<..snip..>

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ted-cruz-says-hes-dropped-lyin-ted-nickname-and-ended-feud-with-trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Re: Ted Cruz says he's dropped 'Lyin Ted' nickname and ended feud with Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:41:54 pm »
Ted Cruz says he's dropped 'Lyin Ted' nickname and ended feud with Trump

Andrew O'Reilly By Andrew O'Reilly | Fox News

Sen. Ted Cruz says his feud with President Trump is long gone.

He says he's Lyin’ Ted no more.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, declared on Saturday night that the ignominious nickname bestowed on him by President Trump during the 2016 campaign season has been relegated to the annals of history -- as has the feud between Cruz and Trump.

"This was also a breakthrough year in which my presidential sobriquet went from 'Lyin’ Ted' to 'Beautiful Ted,'" Cruz joked during a speech at the Gridiron Club. Cruz was joking, in the spirit of the roast.

He also quipped: “I gotta say, that new pet name felt like it really hit the mark. Why else do you think I’m growing a beard?"

<..snip..>

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ted-cruz-says-hes-dropped-lyin-ted-nickname-and-ended-feud-with-trump

Lyin' Ted to 'Beautiful'??  How about 'Great' Ted ... somehow 'beautiful' sounds girly.  'Wonderful Ted' works as well.

Anyways, Ted has stood in support of him long ago.  Glad Trump has finally seen the light!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 05:58:01 pm »
Lyin' Ted to 'Beautiful'??  How about 'Great' Ted ... somehow 'beautiful' sounds girly.  'Wonderful Ted' works as well.

Anyways, Ted has stood in support of him long ago.  Glad Trump has finally seen the light!

I would've gone with Ted Terrific.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 06:13:22 pm »
At a Rally Trump called him Texas Cruze.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:15:36 pm »
I would've gone with Ted Terrific.

Ah ... I like that one.  Terrific Ted!!!   Excellent.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.