Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Impeach Trump now  (Read 670 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Impeach Trump now
« on: December 03, 2018, 11:01:51 pm »
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Impeach Trump now
by Nicholas Ballasy
 | December 03, 2018 03:31 PM

Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez suggested Democrats, who take power in the House next month, should not wait to begin impeachment proceedings against President Trump because “we have far surpassed” the “standard” that the Republican Party used to impeach former President Bill Clinton.

Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., during comments to reporters Friday on Capitol Hill, was asked if seeking impeachment is premature. “Not to me,” she replied. Democratic leaders during the 2018 campaign sought to play down the prospect that they would try to remove the president from office.

Ocasio-Cortez also said a plea deal reached by former Trump attorney Michael Cohen and special counsel Robert Mueller buttresses the case the Trump should be impeached. Cohen admitted to making false statements about the timing of discussions surrounding the "Moscow Project," an effort by Trump to construct a tower in Russia's capital.

“I’ve been supportive of impeachment for some time now so I think it just adds to the case,” she said. “I mean, it’s just, this is ridiculous. This is outrageous. In 1998, the entire Republican Party decides to impeach Bill Clinton over what standard? And the fact that they have to raise that standard to go above and beyond.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-trump-is-ripe-for-impeachment-now
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Impeach Trump now
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 11:05:32 pm »
She's got spunk.  Stupid as a box of rocks but she's got spunk.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:09:36 pm »
What an idiot.

Fine. Let’s see if she can articulate cogent grounds for impeachment. Then we’ll talk. Odds are she’s incapable of putting together a complete sentence much less come up with a specific instance of Trump’s high crime or misdemeanor.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 11:38:36 pm »
What she said makes no sense. She is abjectly stupid.
Principles matter. Words matter.