Author Topic: Mueller's Perjury Traps  (Read 617 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mueller's Perjury Traps
« on: December 03, 2018, 01:34:11 am »
December 2, 2018
Mueller's Perjury Traps
By William L. Gensert

Dropping Paul Manafort as a cooperating witness ruins his credibility as far as anything he told Mueller and any testimony he may be forced to give with respect to that.  The lies Mueller is alleging are almost certainly an exercise of Mueller’s specialty, the “perjury trap” he is trying to set for President Trump.  It must be assumed the Special Counsel has proof of Manafort’s lies.

Manafort’s defense team has been working with the president’s lawyers since the inception of his plea agreement.  The president’s attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, has admitted as much.  Mueller is trying to prove collusion between Trump and Manafort with respect to the written answers the president submitted last week in response to Mueller’s questions.  If any of Trump’s answers to Mueller’s questions include even one of the same lies as Manafort, it would not only be perjury but the "high crime" the incoming Democratic House majority will use to initiate Articles of Impeachment.

It doesn’t even have to be a big lie -- saying he didn’t know of the Trump Tower meeting between Trump Jr. and Natalia Veselnitskya (who coincidentally, had ties to Fusion GPS, having dined with Glenn Simpson both before and after the meeting), when Mueller has evidence he did, would be enough for Mueller to ruin Trump’s presidency.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/12/muellers_perjury_traps.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Mueller's Perjury Traps
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 02:44:44 am »
Go right ahead democrats.  Impeach Trump on a formalistic perjury charge.  Remember what happened to the Congress that impeached Clinton?  You’ll make them look like Solomons by comparison. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:00:42 pm »
It doesn’t even have to be a big lie -- saying he didn’t know of the Trump Tower meeting between Trump Jr. and Natalia Veselnitskya...

That’s not a little lie, just an extremely dumb one.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 03:27:14 pm »
The Mueller circus ain't going away any time soon. Trump will have to decide whether or not he wants this albatross around his neck for the next two years.

Firing him may end up being the most productive course - maybe we'll end up with a ruling on the Constitutionality of Mueller's appointment under the Appointments Clause. Mark Levin has for months been making the case it's not.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 03:43:06 pm »
Firing him may end up being the most productive course - maybe we'll end up with a ruling on the Constitutionality of Mueller's appointment under the Appointments Clause. Mark Levin has for months been making the case it's not.

Trump can fire Mueller for misconduct at anytime. If it’s done for other reasons, there would be serious political fallout. Levin is wrong about the constitutionality of the special counsel. This was addressed in the T. S. Ellis ruling, during the Manafort trial. The judge said that arguments would likely fail and he was extremely critical of the charges.  I’ll take is decades of experience on the bench over Levin’s caterwauling.

The issue has been brought up in multiple jurisdictions and met defeat each time. It’s a loser argument.

Judge Dabney Friedrich, who Trump appointed to the U.S. District Court of Washington D.C. last year, is the fourth judge to quash efforts to upend Mueller's legitimacy and cancel his investigation.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/13/mueller-legitimate-court-ruling-774888
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:50:24 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 04:00:28 pm »

Trump can fire Mueller for misconduct at anytime. If it’s done for other reasons, there would be serious political fallout. Levin is wrong about the constitutionality of the special counsel. This was addressed in the T. S. Ellis ruling, during the Manafort trial. The judge said that arguments would likely fail and he was extremely critical of the charges.  I’ll take is decades of experience on the bench over Levin’s caterwauling.

There'll be political fallout regardless of his reasons.

I've tried to find info on Manafort's defense but all I can find relates to his simple assertion that Mueller didn't make his case. Nothing about the Constitutionality of his appointment, Any link would be appreciated.

OK never mind... I see you've added one.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:01:24 pm by skeeter »