Author Topic: Neil deGrasse Tyson being investigated after multiple allegations of sexual harassment  (Read 483 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
John SextonPosted at 8:31 pm on December 1, 2018

Fox News and the National Geographic network are investigating scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson after multiple women have made allegations against him ranging from handsy behavior to rape. From the Associated Press:

Patheos.com published accounts Thursday from two women who say that Tyson behaved in a sexually inappropriate manner with them. Tyson was host of “Cosmos” on Fox in 2014 and a new edition of the series was to air on National Geographic next year.

Tyson has not commented publicly and an email request for comment to his representative was not immediately returned.

The allegations published Thursday at Patheos involve two different women, one of whom says she met Tyson at an event in Long Beach, CA in 2009. Dr. Katelyn N. Allers is a professor of Physics and Astronomy at Bucknell University. After taking a picture with Tyson, she says he noticed the large tattoo of the solar system on her shoulder and down her arm. He began turning her around looking at the details and then asked if Pluto was part of the tattoo. She says Tyson, “looked for Pluto, and followed the tattoo into my dress.” Dr. Allers says she never felt threatened as this happened in a public place with lots of other scientists around, but the interaction left her with the impression that Tyson is, “not someone who has great respect for female bodily autonomy.”...

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/12/01/neil-degrasse-tyson-investigated/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I must say I am shocked and very surprised, I would never have believed these allegations against Tyson would ever be made...........................................by women.