Author Topic: BREAKING: Former President George H. W. Bush Has Died  (Read 18204 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: BREAKING: Former President George H. W. Bush Has Died
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2018, 08:52:28 pm »
Damn.  They let him out again?
To borrow from the late Ronald Reagan, it's "not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so."

I do suspect that Bush would enjoy humoring, baiting and trolling guys like him, as he did quite a bit during his lifetime—I recall an anecdote where Bush acted like the government was hiding secrets about aliens (the non-Earth kinds) and the true believers still eat that soundbite right up.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 08:54:31 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2018, 08:59:56 pm »
One of the news agencies needs to report on how the Kurds feel about Bush which is very positive. I even heard some saying on how much he, Bush,  helped their plight but it needs to go into an article. They are fans of his.

The world is a difficult sometimes "nasty" place with competing interests.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2018, 09:34:13 pm »
Should we start a sticky Bush Funeral thread?

@mystery-ak
@Machiavelli

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2018, 09:55:39 pm »
Very touching to watch...the time of day (dusk), the canons blasting right adjacent to city traffic...the pained look GWB and his wife.    8888crybaby
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2018, 09:57:27 pm »
Damn. This country sure gets off on carting old geezers around the country when they die these days. Between Bush and McLame they should have enough posthumous frequent flier miles to take a great Acapulco vacation.

Frank,  this isn't something new.  Been done for every president and many other important people.  It's a tradition that is important to a lot of people.

Personally, I'm glad I'm no important person.  My own funeral/burial instructions are simple:  No visitations, no Mass -- bury me within 24 hours of my demise.  No fuss, no muss.  I figure most of my generation will be gone before or around the same time as I am.  Their offspring won't care -- heck, most of them probably don't even know me.  So who would attend an elaborate service and burial for me? 

Besides, the time to honor someone is when that person is alive, not dead. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2018, 10:17:40 pm »
Very touching to watch...the time of day (dusk), the canons blasting right adjacent to city traffic...the pained look GWB and his wife.    8888crybaby

Thanks for letting us know about that, DC.

I saw (but didn't hear) when the coffin arrived at the Houston military air base and saw the canons firing while the family stood with their hands over their hearts.

This family is exceptionally close and this has to be very difficult for them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2018, 10:19:18 pm »
To borrow from the late Ronald Reagan, it's "not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so."

I do suspect that Bush would enjoy humoring, baiting and trolling guys like him, as he did quite a bit during his lifetime—I recall an anecdote where Bush acted like the government was hiding secrets about aliens (the non-Earth kinds) and the true believers still eat that soundbite right up.

His wit surpassed the abilities of many conservatives to comprehend.  Thanks for that reminder.  happy77

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2018, 10:34:14 pm »
Great memorial speech by Pence.  Teared up at "Oh Beautiful" sung by choir.  Just beautiful!  This country should be proud and remember the great character of this man that brought such dignity and respect to the office of the presidency.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5974927929001/?#sp=show-clips
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:41:12 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2018, 10:36:25 pm »
@txradioguy
@libertybele
@corbe
@bigheadfred
@Quix
@Sanguine
@Frank Cannon
@libertybele, please re-read the final paragraph of my previous post. 

You're a kookburger.  Sincerely.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2018, 10:43:00 pm »
Naval Academy Chorus sang the Navy Hymn (Eternal Father Strong to Save by John B Dykes) at the Rotunda service.

Touching.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2018, 10:44:09 pm »
Great memorial speech by Pence.  Teared up at "Oh Beautiful" sung by choir.  Just beautiful!  This country should be proud and remember the great character of this man that brought such dignity and respect to the office of the presidency.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5974927929001/?#sp=show-clips

Amen

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2018, 11:24:20 pm »
Naval Academy Chorus sang the Navy Hymn (Eternal Father Strong to Save by John B Dykes) at the Rotunda service.

Touching.
We attended an admiral's funeral at the USNA a few years ago and when everyone sang that hymn, I really lost it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2018, 12:25:29 am »
We attended an admiral's funeral at the USNA a few years ago and when everyone sang that hymn, I really lost it.

I think it's one of the most beautiful, meaningful hymns ever written.  (Same song writer as "Holy, Holy, Holy").

I can hardly ever hear it without either tearing up or sobbing.....

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2018, 12:34:19 am »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2018, 12:38:20 am »
You're a kookburger.  Sincerely.

I'm merely a history buff.  My curiosity about all things historical causes me to learn significant historical facts that most folks never even encounter.  It often includes disturbing facts that most people don't have any desire to talk about for one reason or another--some good reasons, perhaps, but often rather bad reasons, unfortunately. 

To see what I mean, I would suggest that you read Dark Union, a book written by two modern historians about the assassination of President Lincoln.  It's by no means boring stuff.  And it's not tinfoil hat stuff.  It's just a spooky but obviously correct presentation of little-known facts about Lincoln and John Wilkes Booth.   It's well-documented stuff--almost 100% free of speculation ("interpretation")--that you'll never read in school books. 

That lack of public revelation concerning the background and after-action reporting of the overall assassination plot during the Civil War involves glaring omissions--accidentally covering up and, in some cases, deliberately covering up a sort of Keystone Cops mess in the fed's efforts to sort out a broad conspiracy that wound up getting some likely innocent folks executed and facilitated the escape of the worst villains--is part of the reason why it's so spooky. 

In short, some of things we think we know, based on a limited discovery process and worse still, an often very selective presentation of known facts, just aren't true.  That's the real world for you.  And this reality does have implications for American citizens, some of them little, some pretty big.  It's part of the reason why our Republic is in such a big mess.  We live in a world with far too many falsehoods, far too many deceptions, far too many really smarmy but vicious liars.  (Reagan's quote about false perceptions cuts two ways.)   

Anyway, at @musiclady's generally polite request, I'm out of here.

(BTW, the arrests of some of the worst liars in America will start soon.  Even BO is in big trouble.  Please pay attention to the "conspiracy theorists" in this regard.) 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 12:42:46 am by the_doc »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #215 on: December 04, 2018, 12:38:34 am »
FULL CAPITOL CEREMONY: President George H.W. Bush Lying In State

Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SppY3t8iBQo

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2018, 12:52:36 am »
George HW Bush's casket arrives at US Capitol

Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWFChQVu4A

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 01:00:39 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #218 on: December 04, 2018, 01:01:35 am »
Missed all this live.  Watched each video full screen on my laptop .... deeply moving.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #219 on: December 04, 2018, 01:05:24 am »

I can't imagine.  It is difficult enough to lose a loved one, but to share those private moments  with the entire country and I'm sure parts of the world must be even more difficult. Obviously holding back tears and trying to be brave through all of this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2018, 01:11:05 am »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2018, 01:12:30 am »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2018, 01:19:26 am »
It’s like that cartoon said, he’s with his wife and baby daughter now in heaven.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2018, 01:20:25 am »