Author Topic: Results of Colorado Marijuana Legalization 4 Years Later  (Read 7221 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Results of Colorado Marijuana Legalization 4 Years Later
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2018, 06:34:39 pm »
I am hearing a lot anecdotal feedback that some have seen non-mellow stoners.  If that is the case, pot must have changed a lot in 40 years, because I never saw that side of the coin.

Pot has changed a lot in 40 years.  The stuff in Dispensaries has way more THC.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2018, 06:36:28 pm »
I smoke pot every day. I am stoned right now in fact, usually am when I post here. It's the best anxiety medication I've found.

Probably not the best admission to make on a Forum where you're frequently asked if you're on something.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:36:59 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2018, 06:36:45 pm »
@goodwithagun

Oxy and Hydro are only addictive if you take them when  you don't have pain.  I had found it most useful to log my doses to make sure the amount was going down, not up, and when it's zero you can stop completely.

Logging your consumption is smart. It's easy to lose track of how much you're using.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2018, 06:39:27 pm »
Probably not the best admission to make on a Forum where you're frequently asked if you're on something.

Meh.

Oversharing is just something I do.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2018, 06:43:20 pm »
Meh.

Oversharing is just something I do.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2018, 07:05:51 pm »
Eight cherry-picked examples in a state of over five million people.

Eight of my friends in a state of about 3 million.  I didn't cherry pick them, I just listed the ones who are no longer with us.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2018, 07:07:07 pm »
No, but if you haven't used marijuana before it's hard to understand how in pretty much every way imaginable it is safer than something like alcohol (the REAL gateway drug.)

@Dexter

Bullcrap, as I have posted before about my one and only time trying pot, it scared the crap out of me. It wasn't laced with something (same pot my cousin used and gave me). I never tried another drug thankfully.

Pot reacts with different people in different ways. Like some meds list adverse reactions, well, funny you can't find a pot smoker that will admit it does not react the same with all people. Dope head have the same stupid comment, that it is harmless.

I remember it making me very excitable, the music seemed to get louder and louder, taste went way out of proportion, time slowed down to almost seemingly nonexistant. I started running until I passed out. I woke up and went back inside (trailer college) and slept for almost 24 hours. Again this was not some laced up version of pot, it was the same thing my cousin smoked. It wasn't even half a joint for goodness sakes.

Pot is unpredictable in the way it reacts to people. This 6'4" big ugly fellow knows if it can react to someone as big as me, it can do even more damage to someone of smaller dimensions.

My overshare of the day.... from over 30 years ago
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:13:35 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2018, 07:08:04 pm »
Eight of my friends in a state of about 3 million.  I didn't cherry pick them, I just listed the ones who are no longer with us.

All 8 of those were pot related?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2018, 07:23:38 pm »
All 8 of those were pot related?

For seven of them, someone was high and did something stupid/uncoordinated/both according to survivors/witnesses.  One was alone, all we know is that he was high at the time.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2018, 07:36:28 pm »
I start radiation in a few weeks, 33 sessions to be exact. The doc said I’d be given oxy for the pain. What are the thoughts here on short term, medicinal use? Narcotic pain pills scare the shit out of me. We actually know a couple of people who got hooked while undergoing cancer treatment and I don’t need that to look forward to.

Prayers for your recovery @goodwithagun
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2018, 01:42:23 am »
My prayers and my best, @goodwithagun. I don't have much experience with cancer, But I did have to deal with end-of-life Hep C. The opiates didn't help. Oddly enough, 800 mg prescription ibuprofen gave me the best relief.

My daughter had a thumb-sized malignant tumor removed from deep girl parts (and is doing well) but her (female gyno) told her to go ahead and smoke pot for the pain/cramps--aftershocks. My daughter lives in a legalized state so the law isn't an issue. It is that stigma.

Peace out.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2018, 04:19:03 pm »
My best wishes, @goodwithagun, for your full recovery. 

The opiates didn't help. Oddly enough, 800 mg prescription ibuprofen gave me the best relief.

Same here.   I was sent home from my knee surgery with a fistful of opiates, and they only made me sicker.   Good ol' prescription strength Advil, however, did the trick.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2018, 05:13:09 pm »
My best wishes, @goodwithagun, for your full recovery. 

Same here.   I was sent home from my knee surgery with a fistful of opiates, and they only made me sicker.   Good ol' prescription strength Advil, however, did the trick.

When I was recovering from my hip replacements, I found that Hydrocodone was the most effective until about a month after the surgery.  Then, overnight it stopped working well and Ibuprofen became more effective.  I think the Opiate was necessary for the bone damage, and Ibu was the best for the lingering tendonitis and resulting inflammation.  Naproxin also worked well for the inflammation.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2018, 05:13:46 pm »
In less than a couple weeks, I'm having a stem cell procedure on my hip and have been told the doc will prescribe Oxycontin. I really hate drugs that make me feel the least bit discombobulated, and am hoping my pain isn't bad enough to require taking the pills.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2018, 05:15:11 pm »
In less than a couple weeks, I'm having a stem cell procedure on my hip and have been told the doc will prescribe Oxycontin. I really hate drugs that make me feel the least bit discombobulated, and am hoping my pain isn't bad enough to require taking the pills.

You'll want the Oxy for the initial pain, but you probably won't be taking it after a week. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2018, 05:38:46 pm »
The biggest problem with pot is that it makes a person more likely to be a liberal.

No, pot only makes them stupid.  It's being stupid that makes them liberals.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2018, 06:43:40 pm »
I smoke pot every day. I am stoned right now in fact, usually am when I post here. It's the best anxiety medication I've found.
How can you discuss global warming when you're baked?  :shrug:

The best cure for anxiety I have found is fixing the problem.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:44:15 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2018, 06:52:14 pm »
No, pot only makes them stupid.  It's being stupid that makes them liberals.
Chicken, egg.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2018, 07:30:04 pm »
Weed makes me go to sleep but I haven't used it since the late 80's.
Weed is not fully legal. It is highly regulated to the point where it is almost like a prescription drug. If Virginia legalizes it like other states did and let's you grow it, that's the only way I am having anything to do with it. I don't want to get tangled up in some quasi-legal trap.
In DC, it is legal to possess but not sell which is a major nightmare.
Countdown to Resignation