Author Topic: BREAKING: Former President George H. W. Bush Has Died  (Read 18135 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
BREAKING: Former President George H. W. Bush Has Died
« on: December 01, 2018, 04:57:05 am »

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:58:24 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: BREAKING: Former President George H. W. Bush Had Died
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 05:02:07 am »
Rest In Peace Sir  :patriot:

I’m very upset.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 05:08:10 am »
May he rest in God's eternal peace and may the Bush family find strength and solace in God's love.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 05:10:03 am »
I didn't think he would last for long after Barbara passed.  Clearly they loved one another very much.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 05:11:29 am »
Now he is reunited with his beloved Barbara.

Rest in Peace, President Bush, and thank you for your service to this county. 

Online dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 05:12:40 am »
I didn't think he would last for long after Barbara passed.  Clearly they loved one another very much.

I thought so, too.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 05:30:04 am »
A couple together that long and that loving, the death of one normally means the surviving partner's days are numbered.

Just ask Yogi Berra. He was probably lucky to live the year and a half he lived after his wife, Carmen, died a few years ago.

RIP Mr. Bush.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 05:35:00 am »
A couple together that long and that loving, the death of one normally means the surviving partner's days are numbered.

Just ask Yogi Berra. He was probably lucky to live the year and a half he lived after his wife, Carmen, died a few years ago.

RIP Mr. Bush.

Richard Nixon survived Pat by 10 months.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 05:39:15 am »
Richard Nixon survived Pat by 10 months.
I remember. He looked so terrible at her funeral you could have predicted that or sooner.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 05:41:48 am »
I remember. He looked so terrible at her funeral you could have predicted that or sooner.

Broke my heart when I saw Nixon break down at the funeral, knew it wouldn't be long.    I may not have agreed with everything Nixon did, but he was a good man, and the Democrats who went after him all have a special place in Hell reserved for them.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 05:42:20 am »
I'm glad he's reunited with Barbara and in the presence of the Savior.

Houston mourns tonight. We lost our most prominent citizens this year.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 06:04:20 am »
Broke my heart when I saw Nixon break down at the funeral, knew it wouldn't be long.    I may not have agreed with everything Nixon did, but he was a good man, and the Democrats who went after him all have a special place in Hell reserved for them.
I'll go to my own grave believing Nixon sought the wrong office. What he should have been was a Secretary of State, and for more than one president. With his knowledge of the world, its intricacies, hypocrisies, and contradictions alike, he'd have been one of the greatest such secretaries in our history.

I saved a column written by Murray Kempton (maybe the last liberal columnist whose brains didn't go on permanent vacation) when Nixon was near death in 1994. Here's an excerpt:

. . . His sheer vulnerability so fills the memory as to expel all musings about his place in history and clear out all but the personal. We first met in the summer of 1950, when I found us sharing the same hotel and called him with a view to worming out one or another of the House Committee on Un-American Activities' dirty little secrets.

He proved to be an earnestly agreeable host, and we sat up for hours sharing a bottle of Scotch. What struck me from the first was how much he wanted strangers to like him. There was honest wistfulness in the voice that said how often he had wished that he could feel the commitment shown by the hostile witness he had no doubt been severely chastising that very afternoon . . .

. . . In exile he once or twice invited me for refreshment by his sovereign if insufficiently serene wisdom. He once sent a note describing me as an old friend and trusted adviser. That was far from the first honour I have owed to someone else's fantasy.

To meet the Kennedys was sometimes, through no fault of theirs, to feel like a social climber. To be met by Nixon was to sense how much he felt that he was the social climber and that you were the distinguished person who, he would later boast, had treated him as an equal. He was in that way, as in so many others, so much kin to the rest of us that I have never felt the faintest impulse to apologise for liking him.

It's to mourn that neither Kempton nor his old friend William F. Buckley, Jr. had lived to eulogise George H.W. Bush. (Buckley, alas, had the sad but lyrical job of eulogising Kempton, who died eleven years prior.) If they had, Mr. Bush would have been sent to the angels' transport with lyricism and his loss would have been cauterised with grace.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:11:18 am by EasyAce »

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 06:46:28 am »
Goodbye sir and prayers for the family.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 06:52:19 am »
It's a little bowed after all these years, but here's my souvenir from night 4 of the 1992 Republican National Convention at the Astrodome. It was the night when he officially accepted the nomination and gave his acceptance speech. Somewhere around here, I still have a little bag of confetti that was released with the balloon drop. What an amazing week that was!

Prayers for the Bush family.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 07:34:29 am »
It's a little bowed after all these years, but here's my souvenir from night 4 of the 1992 Republican National Convention at the Astrodome. It was the night when he officially accepted the nomination and gave his acceptance speech. Somewhere around here, I still have a little bag of confetti that was released with the balloon drop. What an amazing week that was!

Prayers for the Bush family.

Thank you for sharing your history @AllThatJazzZ
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 09:27:08 am »

My condolences to the Bush family. President Bush was a great man who accomplished much in his life.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline mrclose

Re: BREAKING: Former President George H. W. Bush Has Died
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 09:36:28 am »
I didn't care for the man but I wont wish him a bad afterlife (as some do). :nono:

He doubled the cap on legal immigration raising the total to over a million a year. We are living with that mistake today, a mistake that may lead to the eventual destruction of the country.

Bush failed to endorse Trump for President, along with the rest of his family. The Bushes were not loyal to the GOP and proved to be ungrateful for the support the GOP gave them. Teaming up with the Clintons was unforgivable.

George H.W. Bush Calls Trump a ‘Blowhard’

Both father and son had previously said they did not vote for Trump, with the elder Bush opting for Clinton and his son saying he chose “none of the above” on the ballot.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/george-hw-bush-calls-trump-a-blowhard
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online DB

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 10:09:06 am »
I didn't care for the man but I wont wish him a bad afterlife (as some do). :nono:

He doubled the cap on legal immigration raising the total to over a million a year. We are living with that mistake today, a mistake that may lead to the eventual destruction of the country.

Bush failed to endorse Trump for President, along with the rest of his family. The Bushes were not loyal to the GOP and proved to be ungrateful for the support the GOP gave them. Teaming up with the Clintons was unforgivable.

Both father and son had previously said they did not vote for Trump, with the elder Bush opting for Clinton and his son saying he chose “none of the above” on the ballot.

I didn't realize he had said that. Pretty disturbing coming from the President of the USA.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 10:17:07 am »
RIP Bush 41

I imagine him and John Adams are talking to each other.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 10:46:27 am »
I didn't realize he had said that. Pretty disturbing coming from the President of the USA.

Good lord, this forum has some of the dumbest people on the internet. You simps will believe any garbage you read.

Must be easy marks for con men, I tell you that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 11:26:37 am »

@cato potatoe

No body lasts long once the brain dies,and make no mistake about it,Babs was the man and the brain of the family.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 11:30:51 am »
My condolences, RIP President Bush 41.

Former U.S. President George Bush, Who Presided Over End Of Cold War, Is Dead At 94
https://www.rferl.org/a/george-bush-senior-dead-at-age-94/29631689.html

Although, I don't appreciate the "globalist" angle,  one might try to understand the era such statements came out of. It was in that sense, right after the "Cold War".

A friend of mine, did not even want to go into Kuwait when we and the huge coalition of nations did go into Operation Desert Storm, he was such a non-interventionist but otherwise, it was very clear to see why we did.  Economic reasons.

One might not like those types of "globalist" statements or in fact, if the Bushes hob-knobbed with the Clintons or that they seemed somewhat elite at times.

'88-'92 though, were probably fairly tranquil productive years, if it weren't for H. Ross Perot, Bush probably would have had a 2nd term.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 11:33:29 am »
My condolences to the Bush family. President Bush was a great man who accomplished much in his life.

@Major Confusion

Oh,yeah. Joining forces with the Clinton's to flood America with cheap Chinese junk to put Americans out of work,flooding American universities with Red Army students to steal  American technology,renting out our military to Muddle Eastern dictators in exchange for cash,etc,etc,etc.

It was really his connections with the CIA and China that allowed  him to send his uncle to Red China to open the Chinese-American Chamber of Commerce,and Bubba's connections with Wal-Mart that stuck the knife in America's heart the deepest,though. Once they started making money,there was nothing they would deny the Chinese.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 11:36:31 am »

@mrclose

That should have came as a surprise to no one. Poppy was nothing less than a globalist asshat that sold America for personal profits. I think that IF he had been left to his own devices that Boy Jorge would have been a much better president than he was,but he was a confused mama's boy,and did whatever Babs told  him to do.