Author Topic: Slowdown in sales of hunting supplies hits Dick's Sporting Goods' results  (Read 1182 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dick’s Sporting Goods took a few punches last quarter, with the Findlay retailer reporting a pullback on sales of hunting gear as well as a slowdown in demand for its Under Armour merchandise.

The retailer told analysts Wednesday it’s planning to remove virtually all hunting products from 10 of its more than 700 stores, although it didn’t indicate whether that policy would be expanded to include other locations. Affected stores weren’t identified.

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2018/08/29/Dick-s-to-downplay-hunting-segment-as-sales-drag-down-second-quarter-revenue/stories/201808290144
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Have you ever noticed debris in a whirlpool spins faster and faster as it approaches the vortex?  Angular Momentum.

Same thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

Looks like Dick's stepped on theirs.

BassWrangler

There is a Dick's a half mile from my house. I drive by it every day on the way to and from work. I haven't been on there since they announced their policy on modern sporting rifles. It doesn't take a huge percentage of your clientele to do that before your in a while slump.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There is a Dick's a half mile from my house. I drive by it every day on the way to and from work. I haven't been on there since they announced their policy on modern sporting rifles. It doesn't take a huge percentage of your clientele to do that before your in a while slump.
I have the same attitude toward them.  All email from them is marked spam and I care not one iota whether they have the best deals in town on any merchandise if they have outlawed weapons to safely protect you.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington