Author Topic: Trump: Pardon for Paul Manafort still on the table  (Read 1193 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Pardon for Paul Manafort still on the table
« on: November 28, 2018, 08:58:13 pm »
Trump: Pardon for Paul Manafort still on the table
by Melissa Quinn
 | November 28, 2018 03:36 PM

A pardon for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort remains an option, President Trump said Wednesday, according to a report.

“It was never discussed, but I wouldn’t take it off the table,” Trump told the New York Post in an interview. “Why would I take it off the table?”

Manafort, 69, was convicted of eight counts of bank and tax fraud in federal court in Virginia this summer. His trial was the first stemming from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Just before a second Manafort trial in federal court in Washington, D.C., was set to begin in September, Manafort accepted a plea agreement with federal prosecutors and pleaded guilty to two federal crimes. As part of the deal, Manafort agreed to “fully, truthfully, completely, and forthrightly” answer questions of interest to the special counsel.

But in new court filings this week, Mueller’s team said Manafort breached the terms of his plea deal by lying to the FBI and special counsel’s office on “a variety of subject matters.”

The New York Times reported that Manafort’s lawyer, Kevin Downing, briefed the president’s attorneys multiple times about Manafort's conversations with investigators.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-pardon-for-paul-manafort-still-on-the-table
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump: Pardon for Paul Manafort still on the table
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 09:59:35 pm »
It will happen right around the same time he declassifies FISA.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 12:47:35 am »
Seriously?  The guy was independently dirty; he earned his prison dress the old-fashioned way: he stole it. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 12:59:58 am »
   Aren't their NY State charges that Trump can't pardon?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 01:03:03 am »

Nope.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 01:09:42 am »
    That's good for him, then.   Personally being on the mean side of the street tonight I hope he rots in prison.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 01:16:53 am »

Not yet?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 01:17:45 am »
    That's good for him, then.   Personally being on the mean side of the street tonight I hope he rots in prison.

Why? You need a cellmate?

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 01:20:17 am »
    He would hire Ukrainians to do me instead @Frank Cannon

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 01:43:55 am »
Seriously?  The guy was independently dirty; he earned his prison dress the old-fashioned way: he stole it.

My understanding is, these were crimes he committed years before he worked for Trump.  It's also my understanding the Feds had decided years ago not to pursue the charges, but got interested again when Mueller expressed an interest in "turning" Manafort to inform on Trump's campaign.  There is a Trump connection.

If Mueller is pissed today, and filing to revoke the plea agreement, then he was probably unsuccessful in getting what he wanted out of Manafort.  It's a head on a pike to warn others.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 01:51:15 am »

I believe that’s Cohen.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 01:55:16 am »

I believe that’s Cohen.

That is my understanding as well (it could be faulty).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 01:57:44 am »
My understanding is, these were crimes he committed years before he worked for Trump.  It's also my understanding the Feds had decided years ago not to pursue the charges, but got interested again when Mueller expressed an interest in "turning" Manafort to inform on Trump's campaign.  There is a Trump connection.

If Mueller is pissed today, and filing to revoke the plea agreement, then he was probably unsuccessful in getting what he wanted out of Manafort.  It's a head on a pike to warn others.

Like I said, he’s independently dirty.  Why should Manafort deserve a pardon for that?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 02:11:52 am »
Like I said, he’s independently dirty.  Why should Manafort deserve a pardon for that?

He doesn't, but it's not going to stop people from speculating.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 02:24:52 am »

Yes and the government was going to use the charges as leverage against him for information on Yanukovych.  Weirdly, he knew he had been under investigation, but kept doing the same things after Holder decided not to go after him when the former Ukrainian president split for Russia.  It’s like he wanted to be prosecuted.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:25:55 am by edpc »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 03:02:32 am »

Yes and the government was going to use the charges as leverage against him for information on Yanukovych.  Weirdly, he knew he had been under investigation, but kept doing the same things after Holder decided not to go after him when the former Ukrainian president split for Russia.  It’s like he wanted to be prosecuted.

Typical felonious behavior actually.  It's a blindness sociopaths have.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 03:06:32 am »

Maybe for some bizarre reason he figured that he had the government’s tacit blessing when nothing initially happened.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 03:21:37 am »
Maybe for some bizarre reason he figured that he had the government’s tacit blessing when nothing initially happened.

Or, it's that sociopath thing.  When people get away with crimes, they start to thinking they will always get away with it because they've proven they are smarter than the law.  They don't appreciate the fact that the Prosecutors simply did not have enough evidence to convict.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 03:23:50 am »

For the same reason the Podestas are getting a walk for doing the same or worse than Manafart.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 08:51:22 am »
For the same reason the Podestas are getting a walk for doing the same or worse than Manafart.

Like the Cohen matter, it fell outside the scope of Mueller’s purview, so he referred that to SDNY.  You may want to ask Trump hand picked US Attorney Geoffrey Berman why no charges have been filed, to date.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/mueller-refers-foreign-agent-u-s-lobbyist-cases-new-york-prosecutors/

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 11:08:17 am »

Corrupt political motives?