Author Topic: 'Medicare-for-All' Is No Health Care Cure-All... Ben Shapiro  (Read 797 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Medicare-for-All' Is No Health Care Cure-All... Ben Shapiro
« on: November 28, 2018, 02:43:58 pm »
'Medicare-for-All' Is No Health Care Cure-All
Ben Shapiro

Posted: Nov 28, 2018 12:01 AM

This week, congresswoman-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., tweeted out a letter from Spectrum Health to one Hedda Elizabeth Martin. The letter described the clinic's rejection of a heart transplant for Martin based on lack of a "more secure financial plan for immunosuppressive medication coverage." The clinic added, "The Committee is recommending a fundraising effort of $10,000." Ocasio-Cortez tweeted, "Insurance groups are recommending GoFundMe as official policy -- where customers can die if they can't raise the goal in time -- but sure, single payer healthcare is unreasonable."

First off, Ocasio-Cortez is simply incorrect. The letter itself isn't directly from the insurance company but from the clinic. It declined to perform the heart surgery because the patient didn't have the ability to pay for the medications necessary to prevent organ rejection by the immune system. Furthermore, deductibles on insurance that would cover such drugs under Obamacare would certainly surpass the $10,000 requested by the clinic.

Most of all, though, Martin's health care was provided, in this case, by Medicare Part B. She herself explained via a since-deleted post on Facebook: "with my 20 percent copay for pharmaceuticals under Part B ... it will cost me about $700 a month for my part B copay for anti-rejection drugs. Once I reach my $4500 annual my cost is $0. So they want me to show I can cover my $4500 deductible by saving $10,000 ... which I will do."

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2018/11/28/medicareforall-is-no-health-care-cureall-n2536581
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: 'Medicare-for-All' Is No Health Care Cure-All... Ben Shapiro
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 03:00:51 pm »
You'll notice that Medicare costs money to use. The whole point of Universal Health Insurance is that everything is "free". They want Medicaid for all.
Countdown to Resignation