Author Topic: Is this the world’s biggest cow? Internet marvels at 6ft 4in tall beast (abbrev.)  (Read 1051 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
THE STEAKS ARE HIGH Is this the world’s biggest cow? Internet marvels at 6ft 4in tall beast that weighs more than a car
Knickers, a seven-year-old Holstein Friesian steer, is more than twice the size of the rest of his herd in Myalup, Western Australia

By Jon Lockett

27th November 2018, 4:43 pmUpdated: 27th November 2018

A GIANT cow which stands more than 6ft 4ins tall and weighs the same as a family hatchback is so big it's been saved from the chop.

Knickers, a seven-year-old Holstein Friesian, is more than twice the size of the rest of the herd in Myalup, Western Australia.

The bovine behemoth stands head and shoulders above other farm beasts and weighs in at an incredible 1.4 tonnes (3,083lbs).

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7839028/worlds-biggest-cow-australia-6ft-4-tall/

Offline thackney

Author is confused.  Uses cow in the title but claims it is a steer.  Then goes on to explain a steer is a castrated bull.

Then watch the video and see this "steer" has udders and no penis.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Out west any sort of beef critter is a 'cow' not regulated to she-stuff unless you get technical. As for the media dude he's lucky he can tell a cow from a dalmatian. Either way HOLY COW!!!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Massive cow named Knickers has been deemed too large to eat
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 07:45:05 pm »
https://globalnews.ca/news/4703769/cow-knickers-slaughterhouse/

A massive Australian cow named Knickers has been spared the slaughterhouse and the dinner table thanks to its sheer size.

The behemoth bovine hails from a farm in the town of Myalup in Western Australia and was recently saved from the barbecue because of its size, standing nearly two metres tall and weighing more than a car.

“He was too big to go into the export plant’s chain,” Geoff Pearson, the steer’s owner, told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). “We have a high turnover of cattle, and he was lucky enough to stay behind.”
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Dexter
Topics merged.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Damn.  I wonder if a Bull knows how to use a ladder?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

Damn.  I wonder if a Bull knows how to use a ladder?

My Bull is a pretty good jumper when he is motivated.  I watched him jump fences that were taller than his head.  No way I would do that if my testicles hung to my knees like his do.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Author is confused.  Uses cow in the title but claims it is a steer.  Then goes on to explain a steer is a castrated bull.

Then watch the video and see this "steer" has udders and no penis.

The anatomy is a bit confusing.  Maybe they do it different in Australia?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Moo!

(My 7000 post!)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

Moo!

(My 7000 post!)

Congrats,  Freya!

From an owner stand point...I bet they wish he was a bull!  Think of all the hamburgers that could come from his offspring.