Author Topic: Grassley cancels vote on judges in face of Flake opposition  (Read 700 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley cancels vote on judges in face of Flake opposition
« on: November 29, 2018, 02:22:38 am »
Grassley cancels vote on judges in face of Flake opposition
by Susan Ferrechio
 | November 28, 2018 06:17 PM

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley canceled panel votes scheduled for Thursday on 25 executive and judicial nominations.

The Iowa Republican announced the cancellation late Wednesday, after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., blocked an effort by Sens. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., and Chris Coons, D-Del., to bring up a bill that would prevent President Trump from firing special counsel Robert Mueller.

Flake is a member of the Judiciary panel, which is comprised of 11 Republicans and 10 Democrats. Flake said he would not vote for any judicial nominees until the Senate votes on the Mueller protection bill. As of Wednesday, that hasn’t happened.

Flake’s refusal to support any of the pending judicial nominees dooms them to a 10-10 Judiciary panel vote, which would prevent Grassley from reporting them to the Senate floor.

McConnell, however, can elect to bring up any of the nominees regardless, but he has not yet signaled whether he will take that action.

Thursday’s votes were to advance 22 judicial nominations and three executive branch nominees.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/grassley-cancels-vote-on-judges-in-face-of-flake-opposition
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Grassley cancels vote on judges in face of Flake opposition
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 05:10:52 am »
He should have been kicked off the committee the instant he made this threat over a non-Judicial Committee matter.  Now Grassley looks like a fool for completely collapsing to Traitor Flake.

9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 05:15:58 am »
He should have been kicked off the committee the instant he made this threat over a non-Judicial Committee matter.  Now Grassley looks like a fool for completely collapsing to Traitor Flake.

9999hair out0000

This is no big deal. There will be more solid people in the Senate's next session. Romney won't even be a factor. It'll be great.

Plus as a bonus Kamala is getting kicked off the committee. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:17:15 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 05:26:53 am »
This is no big deal. There will be more solid people in the Senate's next session. Romney won't even be a factor. It'll be great.

Meanwhile, Traitor Flake won't even be creating a vacancy.   :rolling:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 06:02:58 am »
Meanwhile, Traitor Flake won't even be creating a vacancy.   :rolling:

Yeah. That loser is finished. The Left isn't going to care a wit what a washed up out of power Senator has to say about squat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 04:19:15 pm »
Yeah. That loser is finished. The Left isn't going to care a wit what a washed up out of power Senator has to say about squat.

@Frank Cannon

I am going to be shocked if he goes back home to Az. I strongly suspect he already has jobs lined up with a lobbying group in DC,and as a political commentator with one of the major news networks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 04:40:11 pm »
@Frank Cannon

I am going to be shocked if he goes back home to Az. I strongly suspect he already has jobs lined up with a lobbying group in DC,and as a political commentator with one of the major minor news networks like CNN.
Fixed it
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 05:23:51 pm »

Go Spartacus.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 05:35:21 pm »

9999hair out0000

Don't be hard on Grassley.  Without Flake's vote in favor of nominees, there is no point in Grassley calling for a committee vote.  The tie vote in Committee would prevent the advancement of nominees to the full Senate for confirmation unless McConnell has the guts to overrule the Judiciary Committee stalemate.

Flake simply took the ball out of Grassley's court and gave it to McConnell.  Grassley was powerless to stop it.  Now let's see whether McConnell is the fool that you blamed Grassley for being.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 12:26:41 am »
Don't be hard on Grassley.  Without Flake's vote in favor of nominees, there is no point in Grassley calling for a committee vote.  The tie vote in Committee would prevent the advancement of nominees to the full Senate for confirmation unless McConnell has the guts to overrule the Judiciary Committee stalemate.

Flake simply took the ball out of Grassley's court and gave it to McConnell.  Grassley was powerless to stop it.  Now let's see whether McConnell is the fool that you blamed Grassley for being.

Yeah, let's see.  I have been deeply suspicious of Chinless for some time now. I predict a total collapse on this subject.
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 12:32:20 am »
Yeah, let's see.  I have been deeply suspicious of Chinless for some time now. I predict a total collapse on this subject.

I'm slightly worried too.  But again, Grassley is blameless in this.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 12:33:51 am »
I'm slightly worried too.  But again, Grassley is blameless in this.

I didn't say he was to blame.  I said he would look like a fool.
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 01:12:39 am »
I didn't say he was to blame.  I said he would look like a fool.

I just wanted to make sure.  Flake is the bad guy.  Grassley is a very, very, very good guy.  Without his leadership, we never would have gotten Kavanaugh out of Committee.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 12:37:59 pm »
I just wanted to make sure.  Flake is the bad guy.  Grassley is a very, very, very good guy.  Without his leadership, we never would have gotten Kavanaugh out of Committee.

Agreed!
I will NOT comply.