Author Topic: Can you put an AI robot on trial for killing a human?  (Read 484 times)

rangerrebew

Can you put an AI robot on trial for killing a human?
« on: November 27, 2018, 12:57:26 pm »
Can you put an AI robot on trial for killing a human?

Jazz ShawPosted at 7:01 pm on November 24, 2018

I have been attempting (with limited success) to warn all of you about the impending end of civilization at the hands of artificial intelligence and robots for some time now. I don’t hold a grudge if you’re not taking this seriously, and I’ll be sure to say a prayer for all of you from my secret bunker as the Terminator machines from Boston Robotics haul you all away to the work camps. But until that day arrives, there’s still time to take in new information.

Over at the Daily Beast, Libby Torres previews the new documentary from director Maxim Pozdorovkin titled The Truth About Killer Robots. It debuts on HBO tomorrow night and I’ll definitely be checking it out. Keep in mind, this isn’t a movie. It’s a documentary and Pozdorovkin isn’t just speculating about the future. He’s talking about robots who have already killed, such as one robotic worker at a Volkswagen factory in Germany which “malfunctioned” and smashed a 21-year-old auto plant worker against a wall, crushing his chest and killing him. And yes, the robots in that area were able to move and operate independently with some level of AI involved.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/11/24/can-put-ai-robot-trial-killing-human/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Can you put an AI robot on trial for killing a human?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 01:26:05 pm »
Better reread Asimov's I, Robot
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington