Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez blasts Gorka: 'We’re on the right side of history if you’re my opposition'  (Read 905 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ocasio-Cortez blasts Gorka: 'We’re on the right side of history if you’re my opposition'
Avery Anapo

Democratic Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) blasted former Trump aide Sebastian Gorka after he called her "an insult to intelligent ... humans everywhere."

Ocasio-Cortez drew backlash, mainly from some allies of President Trump, after comparing Central American migrants seeking asylum to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany.

"You were forced out of the Trump Admin for saying white supremacists were 'not the problem' days before Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville killed 3 people," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted at Gorka. "Pretty sure we're on the right side of history if you're my opposition."

"This is not about atrocity. It's about how we get there," she added.

Continued at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ocasio-cortez-blasts-gorka-we-e2-80-99re-on-the-right-side-of-history-if-you-e2-80-99re-my-opposition/ar-BBQ8w8w

I hadn't heard about this row.

Gorka's twitter. https://twitter.com/sebgorka

I see Lindsay Graham has addressed Ocasio-Cortez too.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:24:29 am by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They are only on the right side fo history if we let them write it. After all, the victors are the judges, the vanquished the accused.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The classic bandwagon retort: when anyone objects to the subversion, it's always "get with the times, it's (insert current year), we're on the right side of history, deal with it."

If you're going off a cliff, though, you can't just keep insisting you're going in the right direction and that we're not allowed to stop because "progress!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
A O-C has no knowledge of history- how can she be on the right side of it?
Principles matter. Words matter.