Author Topic: Neil deGrasse Tyson: Elon Musk “Will Transform Civilization As We Know It”  (Read 2667 times)

rangerrebew

Neil deGrasse Tyson: Elon Musk “Will Transform Civilization As We Know It”

The eccentric SpaceX CEO gets some flak — but not from Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Victor TangermannNovember 21st 2018

It’s no secret that Neil deGrasse Tyson is an advocate for space exploration. So it should come to no surprise that he’s a big fan of one of spacetech’s most public figures.

In an interview with CNBC Make It, Tyson said he thought Elon Musk was going to have a bigger influence on society, in the long run, than other tech personalities like Jeff Bezos, Steve Jobs, and Mark Zuckerberg.

https://futurism.com/neil-degrasse-tyson-elon-musk-transform-civilization

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's also well known Tyson is a wild-eyed climate alarmist, made worse by the fact he knows it's bullshit and just wants a one-world Communist government.  Doesn't he have some more political quotes to butcher for his own purposes?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

It's also well known Tyson is a wild-eyed climate alarmist, made worse by the fact he knows it's bullshit and just wants a one-world Communist government.  Doesn't he have some more political quotes to butcher for his own purposes?
--------------------------------
Certainly sounds like a hysteric.
If he had real brains he would know that those who have had the greatest
positive impact on Man have been Artists, Philosophers and Religious
Proselytizers; whose focus is on the spiritual component of human nature.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Neil is a narcissistic pseudo-intellectual. I don't understand why his words are taken as gospel by so many.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Neil is a narcissistic pseudo-intellectual. I don't understand why his words are taken as gospel by so many.

I guess it was because he was a guy on TV?   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

I guess it was because he was a guy on TV?   :shrug:

A low end "scientist" has become one of the most known voices in science because...?

Am I a racist if I start talking about the color of his skin? That white man might be more qualified to talk but he's not as charming and he doesn't make me feel less guilty.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:05:35 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A non-scientist has become one of the most known voices in science because...?

Am I a racist if I start talking about the color of his skin? That white man might be more qualified to talk but he's not as charming and he doesn't make me feel less guilty.

I don't think you want to talk about the color of his skin any more than I.  I thought he was a real Astronomer?  I know Bill Nye is, in reality, the Mechanical Engineer Guy.  I just don't think I am interested in what Tyson has to say, outside of Astronomy.  It seems he's good at that (unlike Nye, who is good for nothing...).

/babble
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

I don't think you want to talk about the color of his skin any more than I.  I thought he was a real Astronomer?  I know Bill Nye is, in reality, the Mechanical Engineer Guy.  I just don't think I am interested in what Tyson has to say, outside of Astronomy.  It seems he's good at that (unlike Nye, who is good for nothing...).

/babble

I looked it up and I guess he's technically a scientist. My bad. I'm sure his world renown as a low level scientist has nothing to do with the fact that he's black. Again, that more qualified white man doesn't give me the cultural fuzzies.
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I looked it up and I guess he's technically a scientist. My bad. I'm sure his world renown as a low level scientist has nothing to do with the fact that he's black. Again, that more qualified white man doesn't give me the cultural fuzzies.

I never gave it much thought.  Doesn't seem germane.   :shrug:

I just figured they hang on his every word because they are the "right" words, politically speaking.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

Doesn't seem germane.   :shrug:

People absorb information based on what makes them feel good rather than based on the qualifications of who is speaking.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:14:53 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

I just figured they hang on his every word because they are the "right" words, politically speaking.

That and because he's an intelligent black man.
-Socrates

Offline thackney

This over-hype sounds familiar.

...Before it launched, the Segway was said to revolutionize the way cities are laid out and how people get around them. Venture capitalist John Doerr predicted it would reach $1 billion in sales faster than any company in history, and that it could be bigger than the Internet. Kamen expected to be selling 10,000 units a week by the end of 2002—that's half a million a year. In the next six years, Segway sold just 30,000 units, according to Forbes....

https://www.wired.com/2015/01/well-didnt-work-segway-technological-marvel-bad-doesnt-make-sense/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Neil deGrasse Tyson: Elon Musk “Will Transform Civilization As We Know It”

The eccentric SpaceX CEO gets some flak — but not from Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Victor TangermannNovember 21st 2018

It’s no secret that Neil deGrasse Tyson is an advocate for space exploration. So it should come to no surprise that he’s a big fan of one of spacetech’s most public figures.

In an interview with CNBC Make It, Tyson said he thought Elon Musk was going to have a bigger influence on society, in the long run, than other tech personalities like Jeff Bezos, Steve Jobs, and Mark Zuckerberg.

https://futurism.com/neil-degrasse-tyson-elon-musk-transform-civilization

Michio Kaku eats Tyson's lunch.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This over-hype sounds familiar.

https://www.wired.com/2015/01/well-didnt-work-segway-technological-marvel-bad-doesnt-make-sense/

Those things were freaking expensive is what went wrong.  The only people I know who used them had them purchased by somebody else.  You can buy a car or motorcycle for less than that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

I guess what I was trying to say is...

Raise your hand if you think Neil would still be famous and influential as a white man.
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess what I was trying to say is...

Raise your hand if you think Neil would still be famous and influential as a white man.

Ask Bill Nye the Mechanical Engineer Guy.  The answer is yes he would, because both are aping the correct lines.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

Ask Bill Nye the Mechanical Engineer Guy.  The answer is yes he would, because both are aping the correct lines.

HELL NO he wouldn't!

Bill Nye is influential because he starred in an excellent children's science show for years. Many science loving children had their passions ignited by Bill Nye, including me. He is incredibly brilliant and special in his own way.
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
HELL NO he wouldn't!

Bill Nye is influential because he starred in an excellent children's science show for years. Many science loving children had their passions ignited by Bill Nye, including me. He is incredibly brilliant and special in his own way.

And Tyson starred in an excellent adult science show on the Science Channel for years.  Nye is just as much a charlatan as Tyson when they pretend to have special knowledge outside their area of expertise.  Astronomy in Tyson's case, Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor's) in Nye's.  It can be argued Nye is the bigger charlatan than Tyson because his earned educational level is well below Tyson's.

Do you not get the Science Channel?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

And Tyson starred in an excellent adult science show on the Science Channel for years.  Nye is just as much a charlatan as Tyson when they pretend to have special knowledge outside their area of expertise.  Astronomy in Tyson's case, Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor's) in Nye's.  It can be argued Nye is the bigger charlatan than Tyson because his earned educational level is well below Tyson's.

Do you not get the Science Channel?

I think Nye is famous because he touched the hearts of millions of children. I think Tyson is famous because he's a black scientist. That's cool, but his amount of fame is disproportional I think.
-Socrates

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yep, what a transformation

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think Nye is famous because he touched the hearts of millions of children. I think Tyson is famous because he's a black scientist. That's cool, but his amount of fame is disproportional I think.

Well, I don't think along those lines.  I'm just not wired to look for that.  You may be correct.  Nye is still a charlatan.  He should have stayed where he touched the hearts of millions of children.  He was good at it.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yep, what a transformation

Wasn't that just before he was transformed into something other than the CEO?  :laugh:

I mean really!  A Blunt!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

Did any of you watch the podcast? That man is extremely awkward.
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did any of you watch the podcast? That man is extremely awkward.

No, I don't do podcasts.  Not out of snobbery, but I have bad tinnitus and can barely tolerate videos, audios not at all.  I certainly believe what you are saying, though.
I will NOT comply.