Author Topic: Boycott General Motors - Extreme Liberal Agenda  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Michael_Alfonso

Boycott General Motors - Extreme Liberal Agenda
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:05:34 am »
As many of you have already heard, a few months ago General Motors announced that the current CFO Chuck Stevens was retiring and that Dhivya Suryadevara, a 39 year old Indian woman, would be his replacement.  While this is a milestone for a woman to reach such a high position in the automotive industry, the problem is that Mrs. Suryadevara was selected over several white males who were older, more experienced, more qualified and had worked at GM longer than her.

You can thank current CEO Mary Barra for that, as she constantly pushes her feminist, liberal political views down the throats of everyone at the company through emails about diversity and multiculturalism, and wanted to promote another woman and minority to the executive level ranks ‘just because’ it’s the right thing to do in her warped mind.

This is a classic case of discrimination against white males in the work place where minorities are given preferential treatment based on the color of their skin and the small portion of the U.S. population that their ethnicity makes up.  It is indeed a major win for liberals, feminists and minorities all across the globe as Mrs. Suryadevara is not only a minority but also a woman.  Two for one.

Can you imagine if the situation was reversed and Mrs. Suryadevara had worked at GM for 25-30 years, paid her dues, and when the time came for her to take the role of CFO she was passed over by a younger white male?  There would be public outrage from all the feminists, liberals and LGBT community saying that she had been discriminated against.  However, because the situation is not reversed and Mrs. Suryadevara was promoted over several more qualified white males, that makes everything okay and they are all staying silent about the clear discrimination that was done.

The solution?  Vote with your wallet and boycott GM.  Buy Ford, Toyota, Honda, or some other OEM instead.  Not only are those other vehicles higher quality and a better value for your money, you will be taking a stand against the injustice that was done here about giving minorities and women preferential treatment and advantages over white males.  It has to stop, and it starts now.  Boycott GM and make them have to go through another bankruptcy restructuring and have to be bailed out by the federal government on the U.S. taxpayer’s dime (this already happened in 2009 – in case anyone forgot).  Ford did not have to be bailed out – another reason to support them over GM.  #BOYCOTTGM

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Boycott General Motors - Extreme Liberal Agenda
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 03:12:02 am »
Welcome to TBR

Sorry I don't know enough about this to even comment on it...but my husband did buy a ford [first ever] for the exact reason they didn't have to be bailed out.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 05:30:33 am »
I believe in meritocracy. It's ridiculous that the most qualified people aren't chosen because of their sex/skin color in any situation.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:53:03 am »
I'm curious @Michael_Alfonso -- are you one of the ones passed over for this position or do you know someone who was?

I don't know -- sounds to me like Ms. Suryadevara has some qualifications for the job:

Suryadevara started her career with an internship in 2002 at the World Bank.[4] She went on to work at PricewaterhouseCoopers before moving to investment banking at UBS.[7] She joined General Motors in 2002. In 2013, she was appointed the CEO and chief investment officer of GM Asset Management. In 2015, she accepted a role as Vice President of Finance and Treasurer. In 2017, she became Vice President of Corporate Finance at General Motors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhivya_Suryadevara

Plus she has an MBA from Harvard Business School.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 11:04:54 am »
Anybody see the FORD commercial spot, where the mother and daughter are alone in the woods chopping down their Christmas Tree in their red Escape?

That was enough for me!  /s

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Michael_Alfonso

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 03:06:56 am »
I'm curious @Michael_Alfonso -- are you one of the ones passed over for this position or do you know someone who was?

I don't know -- sounds to me like Ms. Suryadevara has some qualifications for the job:

No I was not, but I know many of the other men who were.  They basically had the same background as her, ivy-league MBA, but with an extra 10-15 years of experience and tenure at the company.

Another reason to boycott GM - they just announced yesterday they are laying off almost 15,000 salaried workers (not union hourly workers who are protected by the union) after posting record profits for the 3rd quarter of 2018. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 06:07:16 pm »
No I was not, but I know many of the other men who were.  They basically had the same background as her, ivy-league MBA, but with an extra 10-15 years of experience and tenure at the company.

Another reason to boycott GM - they just announced yesterday they are laying off almost 15,000 salaried workers (not union hourly workers who are protected by the union) after posting record profits for the 3rd quarter of 2018.

Wow, that's something. I'm very wary of this news and how it is all reported, I mean from the MSM of course. Not you. Your article is informative.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 12:43:10 am »
Been boycotting GM since the phony bankruptcy. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 12:51:42 am »
I was going to boycott GM but when I was driving home today the Bowtie dealer had one of these in the front row....

How cool is that shit? A 70's Cheyenne Big Ten package for the new trucks!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 12:52:59 am »

Pretty impressive 2002: World Bank, PWC, UBS and GM. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 01:02:08 am »
Pretty impressive 2002: World Bank, PWC, UBS and GM.

Yeah. It's great to promote some World Banker, who probably doesn't even own a car to a job where they build cars. No wonder we have/had shitboxes like the Volt and Cruze forced on consumers.

From my reading of her bio she has done nothing but bounce from gig to gig as window dressing. Eff her and the cow she rode in on.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 01:12:57 am »
Been boycotting GM for some time and see no reason to stop.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 01:16:45 am »
Been boycotting GM for some time and see no reason to stop.

Don't worry. After your Fiat truck invariably rots out you can step up to a Peugeot.....

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 01:46:07 am »
Don't worry. After your Fiat truck invariably rots out you can step up to a Peugeot.....

You know what Fiat stands for, right? Fix it again, Tony!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 01:49:30 am »
I was going to boycott GM but when I was driving home today the Bowtie dealer had one of these in the front row....

How cool is that shit? A 70's Cheyenne Big Ten package for the new trucks!

Okay, that’s pretty cool. Rethinking my SUV shopping.
I stand with Roosgirl.