Author Topic: How to Know if You’re a Fool  (Read 5864 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: How to Know if You’re a Fool
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2018, 02:42:01 pm »
That is the stupidest most ridiculous thing you have ever said. You're a fool. Your Daddy was a fool...fool!

rrthree
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2018, 03:04:29 pm »
Really?  I can follow Islam and I can follow Roman Catholicism at the same time?  How’s that work?

That's a false choice presented by your fellow humans, not God.   Indeed, Christians,  Jews and Muslims all believe in the same Abrahamic God.  The differences all pertain to earthly concerns such as dogma, details of worship and how fiercely one is obliged to convert or subjugate followers of other dogmas.   

God would be a lot easier to know if it weren't for religion.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2018, 03:38:26 pm »

rrthree
@The Ghost

Glad to see you got the joke. I was trying to goad you into an argument, but it did not work.
This is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlv_aZjHXc
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2018, 03:46:42 pm »
That's a false choice presented by your fellow humans, not God.   Indeed, Christians,  Jews and Muslims all believe in the same Abrahamic God.  The differences all pertain to earthly concerns such as dogma, details of worship and how fiercely one is obliged to convert or subjugate followers of other dogmas.   

God would be a lot easier to know if it weren't for religion.

So, those who don't have any religion (they're "spiritual") know God well?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2018, 05:41:06 pm »
So, those who don't have any religion (they're "spiritual") know God well?

Oh, I don't know about that.   I had a Christian upbringing,  and never lost my faith in Jesus Christ.  Christianity is certainly the context in which I approach God.  But I don't buy into the demand that one is doomed unless one believes in Christ, and, while religion is a useful context for approaching God,  I don't accept that membership in a religious community is necessary or essential.  Adherence to the golden rule is, I understand, a tenet of most if not all of the world's religions, but it is also a conclusion one can reach by means of logic.   

Some folks feel the need to be religious in order to ensure they're "saved" -  I guess that the logic behind Pascal's wager.   But the hope of salvation in the "next" world isn't what's important, IMO - it is the attainment of inner peace and enlightenment in THIS world that is the tangible good that one can strive for, and achieve.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2018, 08:54:39 pm »
Some people will argue about anything just to show people they are a fool.

I used to think I should risk looking like a fool by not speaking than removing all doubt by saying stuff.

But then...I discovered the interwebz. 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2018, 10:12:52 pm »
I used to think I should risk looking like a fool by not speaking than removing all doubt by saying stuff.

But then...I discovered the interwebz. 333cleo

The web may not have created fools but it certainly turned a huge number of borderline idiots into full on fools.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2018, 05:00:37 am »
Really?  I can follow Islam and I can follow Roman Catholicism at the same time?  How’s that work?
You go to hell for cutting your own head off.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2018, 05:03:58 am »

Nice.   :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2018, 03:23:54 pm »

That would certainly be in line with Catholic Doctrine.... 888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2018, 08:26:59 am »
That would certainly be in line with Catholic Doctrine.... 888mouth
Well, the Hell part would be. The Muslim would have to kill the apostate infidel... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis