Author Topic: How Religious Is Your State? (Poll shows Alabama as leading)  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
How Religious Is Your State? (Poll shows Alabama as leading)
« on: November 25, 2018, 05:53:26 am »
A new, interactive online resource ranks states according to “religious participation,” with several states that formed the heart of the nation at its founding at the bottom of the list. Poll by First Liberty Institute at link below

Quote from: article
SNIP*****Looking back on that period, we see that the Founders – although they had heated and intense debates about the scope and structure of government – did agree on a core set of principles and values that eventually shaped some of the most iconic documents in human history, including the Bill of Rights and the First Amendment.

And among those principles and values was the belief that religion played a vital role in the upbringing of virtuous citizens in order to sustain a republican form of government. ......(more at link below).....

https://firstliberty.org/news/how-religious-is-your-state/#popup
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Absalom

Re: How Religious Is Your State? (Poll shows Alabama as leading)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 06:40:25 am »
Explicitly define religious!!!!!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: How Religious Is Your State? (Poll shows Alabama as leading)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 09:14:47 am »
Explicitly define religious!!!!!

The poll I imagine used a 4 factor measurement (and I am sure took the answers at face value whether true or not) .... as far as I can tell anyhoo.. how it weighed each answer I haven't a clue.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:19:28 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....