Author Topic: The 60s Cat Box... Music Thread  (Read 31118 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: The 60s Cat Box... Music Thread
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2019, 08:10:18 pm »

God, Country & My Baby-Johnny Burnette:

Good Song

Thanks for the songs, I had never heard the patriotic song by Burnette... Modified a bit, God, Family, and Country... sorta a Cruz saying.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2019, 08:16:23 pm »
Thanks for the songs, I had never heard the patriotic song by Burnette... Modified a bit, God, Family, and Country... sorta a Cruz saying.

Not one of his bigger hits, but a nice one. Many others I'd have posted for the given artists were from the 50s, so I passed on them.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2019, 03:09:49 am »
Not one of his bigger hits, but a nice one. Many others I'd have posted for the given artists were from the 50s, so I passed on them.

Just us here usually, so a little slip of the dress doesn't hurt to much... you know you are the expert here and I am just the student. I get a lot of these from a few blogs I follow as you probable know. Mom had a few things but mostly I am just passing along finds I think are interesting. Every so often me and the kids put the songs in the background when playing a board game or such, just so they can learn the culture they missed. A simpler and sweeter time.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2019, 10:01:51 am »
Geez....Another thread I wish I'd have found earlier.

Thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2019, 02:10:53 am »
The Wrecking Crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZgBexrZvM0

Music lovers will be astonished at the influence The Wrecking Crew wielded over rock and pop music in the 1960s and early 1970s. These unsung instrumentalists were the de-facto backing band on hit records by The Beach Boys, Phil Spector, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Sonny & Cher, Elvis, The Monkees and many more. These dedicated musicians brought the flair and musicianship that made the American “West Coast Sound” a dominant cultural force around the world.

This runs 1 hour 35 minutes, 1 hour 42 minutes with the credits (which I always watch). It takes a commitment of time to watch it, but it was worth it to me.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2019, 03:08:52 am »
The Beatles  -  Golden Slumbers \ Carry That Weight \ The End

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2019, 04:34:45 am »
One of the great guitarists of the 1960s . . . Mike Bloomfield . . .

The Butterfield Blues Band, "East-West" (Bloomfield, second guitar solo)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The Electric Flag, "Wine"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Mike Bloomfield & Al Kooper, "Albert's Shuffle"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Mike Bloomfield & Al Kooper, "His Holy Modal Majesty"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Michael Bloomfield & Friends, "Carmelita Skiffle"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:35:37 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online corbe

« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2019, 10:19:10 pm »
Thank You ~ Led Zepplin (2012 Remaster)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2019, 10:25:30 pm »
Quicksilver Messenger Service, "Calvary"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2019, 10:31:04 pm »
RIP Gary Duncan, Quicksilver Messenger Service guitarist/vocalist, who suffered a severe fall at home and died of the head injuries at the beginning of this month . . .

Duncan and drummer Greg Elmore were previously members of the Brogues, who had a minor hit with . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Quicksilver co-leader John Cipollina invited them to join what became Quicksilver not long after that 1965 hit. (Bassist/vocalist David Freiberg completed the group, who'd lost their leader Dino Valenti to a two-year stretch in the calaboose over marijuana. When Valenti returned, reedy voice and songwriting alike, he took the group over completely to sound very different than the jammers who'd first made the band's splash in 1967.)

"I Ain't No Miracle Worker" eventually got a definitive cover from . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 10:32:41 pm by EasyAce »

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2019, 10:42:07 pm »

Online corbe

« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2019, 10:56:39 pm »
White Houses - Eric Burdon & The Animals

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2019, 11:22:08 pm »

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2019, 11:32:58 pm »
@pookie18

Not to mention . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

. . . and, the untoppable original . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I like the latter, but didn't mention either since this is a 60s forum & they're from '70 & '57 respectively...

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2019, 02:27:13 am »
I like the latter, but didn't mention either since this is a 60s forum & they're from '70 & '57 respectively...
@pookie18
We can win on a technicality---the Doors' performance may have been recorded in 1969 with the album released in 1970.

Online corbe

« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2019, 06:51:31 pm »
CANNED HEAT - Going up The Country 1969

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

50 yrs ago, who would a thunk it?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2019, 07:01:00 pm »
CANNED HEAT - Going up The Country 1969

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

50 yrs ago, who would a thunk it?
Fifty years ago Joe Cocker took his idol Ray Charles to Woodstock . . .

Joe Cocker, "Let's Go Get Stoned"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2019, 09:07:57 pm »
Jimi Hendrix  -  Red House (live)

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2019, 06:01:23 pm »

Led Zeppelin - Ramble On

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2019, 12:38:01 am »
Led Zeppelin  -  Bring it on Home

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2019, 01:29:25 am »
Bob Dylan - I Want You (Official Audio)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2019, 02:30:30 am »
Not sure if this belongs in the 50s thread or not... so please be easy on me if I guessed wrong...

The Best Of Instrumental Rock - VA, 1994.zip
https://mab.to/dYxyxWjYp

3 Days Only...

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2019, 12:12:31 pm »
Not sure if this belongs in the 50s thread or not... so please be easy on me if I guessed wrong...

The Best Of Instrumental Rock - VA, 1994.zip
https://mab.to/dYxyxWjYp

3 Days Only...

A few more (some by the above artists):

Mason Williams-Classical Gas

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Johnny & The Hurricanes-Beatnik Fly

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

B. Bumble & The Stingers-Bumble Boogie

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Dave "Baby" Cortez-Rinky Dink

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Duane Eddy-Peter Gunn

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Sandy Nelson-Drums Are My Beat

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Ventures-Hawaii Five-O

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Dick Dale & The Del-Tones-Misirlou

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Booker T. & The MGs-Green Onions

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Viscounts-Harlem Nocturne

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2019, 07:22:14 pm »
Mason Williams-Classical Gas .... I had this song but it was a cover by Steamroller.. didn't know it was a cover. Thanks Pookie...

B. Bumble & The Stingers-Bumble Boogie ... another cool song I had not heard.

Ventures-Hawaii Five-O ... we always loved this, but was introduced only via the TV show (and remake)

Duane Eddy-Peter Gunn -- That sax is totally gnarly... Was introduced to this song by all things, a 80s video game called "Spy Hunter" that used a bastardized version of it. 

Booker T. & The MGs - Green Onions ... another cool song, that I had to stop watching in front of the kids (lol).... got an eyefull (glad Mrs. Sighlass didn't catch me)... I would be doing laundry for a week for that one.

Dick Dale & The Del-Tones-Misirlou ... Great song, think I was introduced to it earlier somewhere.

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2019, 07:55:46 pm »
Mason Williams-Classical Gas .... I had this song but it was a cover by Steamroller.. didn't know it was a cover. Thanks Pookie...

B. Bumble & The Stingers-Bumble Boogie ... another cool song I had not heard.

Ventures-Hawaii Five-O ... we always loved this, but was introduced only via the TV show (and remake)

Duane Eddy-Peter Gunn -- That sax is totally gnarly... Was introduced to this song by all things, a 80s video game called "Spy Hunter" that used a bastardized version of it. 

Booker T. & The MGs - Green Onions ... another cool song, that I had to stop watching in front of the kids (lol).... got an eyefull (glad Mrs. Sighlass didn't catch me)... I would be doing laundry for a week for that one.

Dick Dale & The Del-Tones-Misirlou ... Great song, think I was introduced to it earlier somewhere.

Re Classical Gas, Williams MAY have introduced it on The Smothers Bros. Comedy Hour for whom he was a comedy writer...