Author Topic: Obama ‘Very Confident’ He Would’ve Won Third Term  (Read 1423 times)

Offline corbe

Obama ‘Very Confident’ He Would’ve Won Third Term

by TONY LEE
21 Nov

Former President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that he was “very confident” he would have won a third term had the Constitution and his wife allowed him to run again.

Speaking to his former top adviser David Axelrod at a live recording of the “The Axe Files” podcast at the University of Chicago, Obama said he believes voters felt that he had “taken the job seriously, worked hard, been true to my oath, observed and hopefully strengthened the norms and the rules and the values of our democracy.”

“I feel very confident that I was in a position—had it not been for both the Constitution and Michelle—to continue in office,” Obama said.

<..snip..>

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/21/obama-very-confident-he-wouldve-won-third-term/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Obama ‘Very Confident’ He Would’ve Won Third Term
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 08:21:17 pm »
Oh the NT's wet dream.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 08:22:24 pm »
I  .  .  .  I  .  .  .  me  .  .  .  me  .  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 08:22:30 pm »
Same crowd that wanted Bill to run again

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 08:26:16 pm »
I just find it amazing out this leaky douchebag spouts all sorts of inane crap like this and people give him a pass. Meanwhile, Trump says the sun rises in the east and the kneejerk reaction is 'Eff Trump! Eff'im! Eff him and the horse he rode in on!'
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:26:54 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 09:13:33 pm »

by TONY LEE
21 Nov

Former President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that he was “very confident” he would have won a third term had the Constitution and his wife allowed him to run again.

Speaking to his former top adviser David Axelrod at a live recording of the “The Axe Files” podcast at the University of Chicago, Obama said he believes voters felt that he had “taken the job seriously, worked hard, been true to my oath, observed and hopefully strengthened the norms and the rules and the values of our democracy.”

“I feel very confident that I was in a position—had it not been for both the Constitution and Michelle—to continue in office,” Obama said.

<..snip..>

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/21/obama-very-confident-he-wouldve-won-third-term/

One would think his confidence would be eroded by the fact that he can't get as many people to his speaking engagements as attend the average PTA meeting.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 09:24:08 pm »
Anyone could have confidence in something that is completely unprovable.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 10:40:52 pm »
He can count to three and actually knows what it means?

Who knew?

BTW, I would pay money to be there the first time Bubbette! heard he said this. I wonder if she has taken a  hit out on him yet,or if Bubba had her sedated?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:42:21 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 10:46:52 pm »
Fortunately the Constitution got in his way.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 11:29:13 pm »
Anyone could have confidence in something that is completely unprovable.

Nter's?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 11:57:23 pm »
He's always been quite an arrogant and pompous azz. He's no longer president and no longer relevant to me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 12:14:35 am »
I suspect he could have won a third term.  I haven't seen much indication that people are over their white guilt.  Thank Trump that Michelle talked him out of running again.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 06:15:14 pm »
I suspect he could have won a third term.  I haven't seen much indication that people are over their white guilt.  Thank Trump that Michelle talked him out of running again.   *****rollingeyes*****

I think he could have. Not because his policies were popular. He actually lost votes in 2012 from 2008 but he had a strong base of support in 2012.

That base would have been there in 2016
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 07:52:24 pm »
I think he could have. Not because his policies were popular. He actually lost votes in 2012 from 2008 but he had a strong base of support in 2012.

That base would have been there in 2016

It was, and the fact that the Hilda beast almost won tells me it will probably still be there in 2020.  It was a close run thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 08:30:35 pm »
It was, and the fact that the Hilda beast almost won tells me it will probably still be there in 2020.  It was a close run thing.

The base can make a difference in places like WI and MI, given the margin of victory in 2016. That will not change the electoral outcome, however. Most likely, it will come down to PA or FL to decide it, depending on who they nominate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 08:43:40 pm »

The base can make a difference in places like WI and MI, given the margin of victory in 2016. That will not change the electoral outcome, however. Most likely, it will come down to PA or FL to decide it, depending on who they nominate.

I agree with that analysis.  Would you agree that if it was The Lightworker on the ballot rather than Hilz (and it were legal), he would have easily won?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 08:43:49 pm »
Obama said that himself. Obama said, 'But for Michelle, he would run again.'
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 08:54:47 pm »
I agree with that analysis.  Would you agree that if it was The Lightworker on the ballot rather than Hilz (and it were legal), he would have easily won?

I think he would have won, but probably in a competitive race. That's based on Obama being constitutionally eligible to run for a third term. There's going to be a certain amount of fatigue, after two terms. I think Obama would have held MI, WI, possibly along with PA and NC for the electoral win. I think Trump still would have taken FL and OH.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:55:30 pm by edpc »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 08:57:02 pm »
Fortunately the Constitution got in his way.
Exactly. Subversive demagogues like Obama are the reason we have term limits. Otherwise, we could easily have another Chavez.

I remember a few of my acquaintances on social media, lamenting they had to choose between Hillary and Trump, but swooning, wishing Obama were still on the ballot.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 09:02:00 pm »
Obama said that himself. Obama said, 'But for Michelle, he would run again.'

Yes, but see, what I said was ironical because he couldn't run again because of the Constitutional restrictions.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 09:07:00 pm »
Yes, but see, what I said was ironical because he couldn't run again because of the Constitutional restrictions.
Not necessarily. There may be ways around that. Democrats don't give a single damn about rules, or laws, or the Constitution. Beside that, he could just run Michelle as his proxy. Everyone knows that if Michelle ever runs and wins, Barry/Jarrett will be the President again.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 09:19:04 pm »
The way I see it, he'd probably have won if he were permitted to run, and we would not have had Donald Trump as President.  We'd be too far down the road to serfdom to ever have a hope to recover the Republic.  It would be as if we elected The Beast instead.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 09:30:31 pm »

Not saying 100% he would, but when you add the United States %age of Entitlement Slugs plus the %age of brain dead liberals plus the %age of dim boot licking labor unionites?

I'd say he probably is right.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 09:53:55 pm »
Not saying 100% he would, but when you add the United States %age of Entitlement Slugs plus the %age of brain dead liberals plus the %age of dim boot licking labor unionites?

I'd say he probably is right.

The "White Guilt" vote would have taken him over the top, as it did in the two previous campaigns.
I will NOT comply.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 03:01:36 am »
One would think his confidence would be eroded by the fact that he can't get as many people to his speaking engagements as attend the average PTA meeting.

Angling for a U.N. appointment in a future Rat Administration.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com