16 (61.5%)
No
4 (15.4%)
HELL no!
5 (19.2%)
Other
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Should prostitution be legal?  (Read 20336 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Should prostitution be legal?
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2018, 02:09:41 am »
---------------------------------
Sneaky, a respectful demurral.

@Absalom

Not a problem here. You have as much right to your opinion as anyone else,including me.

The precept that the Family Unit anchors civilization is not derived from any Religion;
rather it's derived from the Natural Law, whose concepts existed the first day of Man.

I am in total agreement with that,but don't let the thumpers hear you say that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2018, 02:52:43 am »
---------------------------------
Sneaky, a respectful demurral.
The precept that the Family Unit anchors civilization is not derived from any Religion;
rather it's derived from the Natural Law, whose concepts existed the first day of Man.

@sneakypete

Don’t worry, it’s just the tyranny of magical mystical natural law, not something as tawdry as a theocracy. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2018, 03:28:20 am »
@sneakypete

Don’t worry, it’s just the tyranny of magical mystical natural law, not something as tawdry as a theocracy.

Strange saying that on Thanksgiving; but I do believe North Korea and Red China would empathize with one's words.

Oceander

« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2018, 03:29:10 am »
Strange saying that on Thanksgiving; but I do believe North Korea and Red China would empathize with one's words.

Ahhh, so Thanksgiving is about celebrating theocracy?

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2018, 02:06:14 pm »
Firearms are well regulated by both states and fed gov, yet people still kill with them. Why? Not because of the gun, but because they are crazy. Those same people that would take my guns away “for the children” but let crazy people roam the streets would be in charge of regulating prostitution. I’m not saying I’m for or against legalizing prostitution, I just know that I’m against it if it comes to government being in control of it. Prostitution control will work as well as gun control.

Edited to add: People don’t traffic humans because they can’t get a piece, they traffic humans because they’re crazy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:10:49 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2018, 03:18:12 am »
@sneakypete

---------------------------
The Natural Law asserts that certain obligations and rights of Man are inherent
by his nature and can be understood through the application of logic and reason.
The Wise Ancients from Sargon, to Hammurabi, onto the Greeks understood this.
Plato, in his majestic "The Republic" defined the Soul of Man, four hundred years
before Christ, and that descriptive lies at the core of Roman Catholic Theology.
Try getting informed and real once in a while.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2018, 03:44:37 am »
by his nature and can be understood through the application of logic and reason.
Plato, in his majestic "The Republic" defined the Soul of Man, four hundred years
before Christ, and that descriptive lies at the core of Roman Catholic Theology.

Sometimes one must rely on abject ignorance to maintain one’s distorted view that all calls for morality come from fundamentalist rubes screaming for theocracy.

What’s most remarkable to me is that those who abhor all people of faith are self hating enough to believe that people like themselves, devoid of faith, cannot believe in a moral society.

I guess they don’t realize how much their derision makes themselves look valueless..... and honestly, quite stupid.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2018, 04:00:51 am »
Ahhh, so Thanksgiving is about celebrating theocracy?

No, we have freedom of religion, freedom of speech here.  I know of no Christian theocracies in the world, but thank goodness, we know we won't hear criticism of the numerous Islamic theocracies in the world.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:03:35 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2018, 04:02:16 am »
Can you imagine in this day and age and if someone like Obama was president, there'd be a lot about gay and transgender prostitutes and allegedly no to child prostitutes, man, what a lot of regulation there would be.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2018, 05:35:11 am »
Sometimes one must rely on abject ignorance to maintain one’s distorted view that all calls for morality come from fundamentalist rubes screaming for theocracy.

And sometimes we must recognize that basic truth. If the cowbell fits..........
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Oceander

« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2018, 03:47:49 pm »

Have you actually read Plato’s The Republic?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2018, 09:14:12 pm »
Have you actually read Plato’s The Republic?
------------------------
Indeed, several times including Greek!!!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2018, 01:33:12 am »
Marijuana use among teens actually dropped slightly in states that have legalized. It also created a ton of tax revenue.
I find the supposed drop in use among minors to be highly questionable, because we all know minor always, like democrats tell the truth. But going back to the salient point, legalizing marijuana did nothing to reduce the illegal growing and sales, or maybe you have an explanation for all of the illegal farming operations in homes and state and national forest land along with the continued importation of pot to California from mejico?

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2018, 01:37:26 am »
maybe you have an explanation for all of the illegal farming operations in homes and state and national forest land along with the continued importation of pot to California from mejico?[/size]

It's still illegal in most states so there is plenty of money to make off of illegal sales. The idea that illegal sales wouldn't go down when a legal option exists seems impossible to me. I never said the black market would go away entirely. It's about liberty and the mitigation of the black market. There are still people that sell booze illegally, but the situation certainly isn't as bad as it was during prohibition.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:39:34 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2018, 02:35:54 am »
------------------------
Indeed, several times including Greek!!!

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2018, 07:34:24 pm »
It's still illegal in most states so there is plenty of money to make off of illegal sales. The idea that illegal sales wouldn't go down when a legal option exists seems impossible to me. I never said the black market would go away entirely. It's about liberty and the mitigation of the black market. There are still people that sell booze illegally, but the situation certainly isn't as bad as it was during prohibition.
Odd isn't it that one only hears about busts of marijuana coming into California but not out? Odd too, how your statements are always backed up by qualifiers after the fact, legalizing marijuana in California had not one iota to with liberty or mitigation of the black market, it was first and foremost about revenue thru taxation. If you  believe the democrats have any other purpose in life, like altruism, you are sadly mistaken because they live for taking our hard earned cash and control of our lives.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2018, 05:40:54 am »
It's still illegal in most states so there is plenty of money to make off of illegal sales.

Liquor is available in all 50 States, yet I can still buy moonshine in Virginia.

The bigger question is what gives States the power to decide for themselves whether prostitution should be legal or not.  It's all about control of women's bodies, right? What allows States to pass laws banning prostitution?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2018, 06:46:53 am »
Liquor is available in all 50 States, yet I can still buy moonshine in Virginia.

The illegal booze business took a bit of a hit after prohibition ended, no?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2018, 07:49:06 am »
The illegal booze business took a bit of a hit after prohibition ended, no?

Not here.