Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party  (Read 33400 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party
« Reply #450 on: November 24, 2018, 02:40:46 pm »
Obama and Hillary are suggesting that the right is a bunch of racists and deplorables. It should come as no surprise that most drones on the left see y'all as such.

That's because they are totally ignorant of history.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #451 on: November 24, 2018, 02:51:20 pm »
@Dexter
They are good mods, and you are challenging the popular opinions of this group in a dignified, forceful, and rational way...that is why some call you names and sputter impotently, and others rise to the challenge and offer substantive rebuttals.  I am enjoying the thoughtful debate, and laughing at the name callers.  It's a win-win for me.  Bravo

Thank you Once-Ler. There have always been great posters here; that's why years later I'm still here throwing my ideas into the fray. Even the ones that name call tend to have quite a lot of depth to their thinking. I really wish I could engage with people like @Bigun more. If he stopped assuming the worst about me I could probably learn a lot from him, even if we'll never share the same world view.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #452 on: November 24, 2018, 02:51:36 pm »

You could have stopped at totally ignorant.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Dexter

« Reply #453 on: November 24, 2018, 02:54:54 pm »

Most people just want to be told how to think by people they trust. I think that's unfortunately true of both sides. The people in places like this are the exception.
-Socrates

Offline LMAO

« Reply #454 on: November 24, 2018, 02:55:54 pm »
This debate here is a microcosm of what we are going to see in the next decade or so in Congress as funds become increasingly tighter as deficits and debt rise. Ultimately, it’s not going to be taxpayers or politicians that decide this but investors. Thats what happened in Greece, Spain, Portugal, ect ect and, here, Detroit and soon to other cities. And if the economy crashes as a result and austerity is forced, it can never be said the warning signs weren’t  there
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:23:20 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #455 on: November 24, 2018, 03:01:15 pm »
You could have stopped at totally ignorant.

Most people have no clue when it comes to our country’s fiscal situation. Nor do they know the true cost, including unfunded liabilities, of the entitlement programs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

« Reply #456 on: November 24, 2018, 03:05:11 pm »
Most people have no clue when it comes to our country’s fiscal situation. Nor do they know the true cost, including unfunded liabilities, of the entitlement programs
That's true. And newly minted congresswoman Ocasio knows even less than most!  9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #457 on: November 24, 2018, 03:05:34 pm »
Most people just want to be told how to think by people they trust. I think that's unfortunately true of both sides. The people in places like this are the exception.

No if you study history...truly look at it for yourself and not just what's indoctrinated to you in schools...you'll find that the Democrat party of 2018 isn't that much different from the party in 1918...they've just come up with modern day versions of slavery for people of color.  The left has always been about control...whether it's slaves on a plantation or population control with eugenics or just control over everyone and everything they do under the guise of health care.  The left isn't about individual freedoms and rights...they are bout group think...top down control only allowing a person to have as much freedom as the government feels they need.

And people who trust that kind of political philosophy...are sheep.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #458 on: November 24, 2018, 03:12:47 pm »
No if you study history...truly look at it for yourself and not just what's indoctrinated to you in schools...you'll find that the Democrat party of 2018 isn't that much different from the party in 1918...they've just come up with modern day versions of slavery for people of color.  The left has always been about control...whether it's slaves on a plantation or population control with eugenics or just control over everyone and everything they do under the guise of health care.  The left isn't about individual freedoms and rights...they are bout group think...top down control only allowing a person to have as much freedom as the government feels they need.

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."

Daniel Webster
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2018, 03:46:06 pm »
Thank you Once-Ler. There have always been great posters here; that's why years later I'm still here throwing my ideas into the fray. Even the ones that name call tend to have quite a lot of depth to their thinking. I really wish I could engage with people like @Bigun more. If he stopped assuming the worst about me I could probably learn a lot from him, even if we'll never share the same world view.

Sounded good in your head, didn't it?  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

« Reply #460 on: November 24, 2018, 04:09:56 pm »
Sounded good in your head, didn't it?  *****rollingeyes*****

I wish you could forgive me for being incapable of thinking the way you do. I respect you even if we're political adversaries. The quality I admire the most in other people is intelligence. I respect you a lot more than I respect dumb people that agree with everything I say. There are things you can teach me. Dumb people have no use to me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:11:31 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #461 on: November 24, 2018, 04:55:46 pm »
History. One of the greatest masterstrokes was the advent of the industrial revolution.  Instead of being a mere serf, or "slave"  you had the chance to become one of the "Jones'. The oligarchy realized they could amass Trillions in wealth. While at the same time keeping their subjects under control. The American Dream. Let the people be self-determining. Be their own man. With their new found wealth the people were more than willing to accept "Amendments" to the Constitution. To accept entitlement programs. To DIE in meaningless wars. For freedom.

Then throw entertainment at them. Pro sports. And now tech. Smoke and mirrors.

Not to get too Biblical, but here it comes.

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

I am no different than most. A wage slave. But I hate money. But still, render unto Ceasar. But truly in my heart and my head--my soul, I only (try) to serve one Master.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #462 on: November 24, 2018, 05:08:07 pm »

Another Texas radio guy (David Gold) used to call them sheeple.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #463 on: November 24, 2018, 05:10:40 pm »
This is the first time I've clicked on this thread.  The topic was of no interest to me and I couldn't figure out why it was of 19 page interest to other people.

Now I know.  Infighting.  Our favorite sport.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #464 on: November 24, 2018, 05:18:20 pm »
This is the first time I've clicked on this thread.  The topic was of no interest to me and I couldn't figure out why it was of 19 page interest to other people.

I first clicked on this thread last night. Had to go back to page one to find out what the thread topic was actually supposed to be.

PS: Happy Halloween!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #465 on: November 24, 2018, 05:31:21 pm »

One of the legs of the Conservative stool is fiscal conservatism. I am as deficit hawkish as they come. In so much as I’m probably on of the few that actually read CBO reports on our fiscal situation. And I have found in my own surroundings that most cannot tell you what our debt is or our current debt to GDP ratio is. Any polls that tell you that people are willing to pay more for such and such are misleading. I have no doubt that when people are asked if they are willing to pay more in taxes for entitlement programs that most people answered yes.   However, in the real world, without the fear of looking bad to a Pollster,  they make economic decisions to avoid paying more taxes.  Examples are moving out of high tax areas, and looking for every deduction.

I consider these fiscal issues the biggest issue threatening this country. I don’t care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom. My conservatism is along the lines of Calvin Coolidge or Barry Goldwater. And although sometimes he can be off his rocker a little bit, I like a lot of what Ron Paul has to say.

Statements like we need to raise taxes even more to pay for things or we need to get rid of fraud and waste in these programs to save them sounds good but in the real world, it’s a lot more difficult

I understand the pressure politicians are under. Getting Americans to accept  meaningful and necessary reforms in entitlement programs that are currently popular is difficult, especially when you have politicians making promises that sound good but  probably won’t be able to be kept.  And the average persons economic ignorance doesn’t help, either. I have seen Medicare starting pay for less and less over my 30 year career. I suspect that’s going to continue

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:49:59 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2018, 05:34:13 pm »

Complete with calling posters "low-quality."  That little shit gets no-quality from me..not worth the waste of my time. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #467 on: November 24, 2018, 05:39:23 pm »
Complete with calling posters "low-quality."  That little shit gets no-quality from me..not worth the waste of my time. *****rollingeyes*****

I didn't call anybody low quality. I said some people choose to make low quality/effort posts sometimes.
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #468 on: November 24, 2018, 06:13:48 pm »
I'm not so sure about that, TWB.

Nobody wants an echo chamber whatsoever.

@Dexter is actually a sight for sore eyes.   Honest debate with opened mind.

Debating with intelligent, albeit stubborn egos over everything Trump for 3+ years now has gotten tired and worn at the edges.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #469 on: November 24, 2018, 07:29:48 pm »
Debating with intelligent, albeit stubborn egos over everything Trump for 3+ years now has gotten tired and worn at the edges.

As a somewhat disinterested third-party (as you know I don't have a "side"), I have to agree with you.  I'm tired of the Trump Wars, and wish somebody would talk about something else for a change.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #470 on: November 24, 2018, 07:32:50 pm »
This thread is better than tryptophan!

Happy post-Thanksgiving to all!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #471 on: November 24, 2018, 07:35:22 pm »
This thread is better than tryptophan!

Happy post-Thanksgiving to all!

I hope you've had a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:37:30 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #472 on: November 24, 2018, 07:37:14 pm »
I didn't call anybody low quality. I said some people choose to make low quality/effort posts sometimes.

I'm glad you make that distinction, because when I'm tired or in a stroppy mood I dump all pretenses of quality assurance.   :cool:

(I can't be profound 24/7.)
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #473 on: November 24, 2018, 07:46:43 pm »
I'm glad you make that distinction, because when I'm tired or in a stroppy mood I dump all pretenses of quality assurance.   :cool:

(I can't be profound 24/7.)

The pros and cons. If you can find it.  :laugh:

Ask our "Founding" fathers, if need be.  :laugh: :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #474 on: November 24, 2018, 08:20:03 pm »

"Great perils have this beauty, that they bring to light the fraternity of strangers"... Victor Hugo

...except if it involves Donald J. Trump      wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald