Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party  (Read 33354 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party
« Reply #350 on: November 23, 2018, 01:00:22 am »
Lol Nope.  75% of people would spend their retirement on a new Harley or vacations over the years and never have enough for retirement and you know it.

Then that's on them quite frankly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline berdie

« Reply #351 on: November 23, 2018, 01:26:17 am »

And then it will be on us, quite frankly.

This country doesn't allow indigent people to die on the streets (unless that is their choice i.e. homeless by choice).

So one way or another...we are on the hook.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #352 on: November 23, 2018, 03:34:40 am »

I'm glad you are now in agreement that the removal of social security and medicare would lead to a lot more elderly homeless people.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #353 on: November 23, 2018, 03:58:19 am »
I favor the ice-floe solution for seniors who refused to save to finance their own retirement.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #354 on: November 23, 2018, 04:02:23 am »
I favor the ice-floe solution for seniors who refused to save to finance their own retirement.

:cool:

That's funny.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #355 on: November 23, 2018, 01:38:37 pm »

And then it will be on us, quite frankly.

This country doesn't allow indigent people to die on the streets (unless that is their choice i.e. homeless by choice).

So one way or another...we are on the hook.

Yup

Without serious reforms,  people will still get their Social Security checks.  It’s just the purchasing power of those checks will be greatly diminished.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #356 on: November 23, 2018, 02:32:38 pm »

There is no logical reason why you and I should be laced "on the hook" if someone who worked their entire adult life at a good job didn't save a dime for retirement and instead spent that money on material things.

Adult decisions have adult consequences.  If someone doesn't save and thinks they'll use Social Security as their retirement "plan" will live with the consequences of having to live ou their life on a very small very fixed income.

As for people dying in the streets...there were charitable organizations and religious organizations before Social Security and "The Great Society" that took care of and took in people.

We need to quit falling for the trap that the Government is the only answer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #357 on: November 23, 2018, 02:33:56 pm »
I'm glad you are now in agreement that the removal of social security and medicare would lead to a lot more elderly homeless people.

We're in agreement on nothing kid.  Quit trying for a "gotcha" moment.  You suck at it.

That's not what I was trying to say and you know it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #358 on: November 23, 2018, 03:09:05 pm »
We're in agreement on nothing kid.  Quit trying for a "gotcha" moment.  You suck at it.

That's not what I was trying to say and you know it.

Stuffing words in other peoples mouths is his most enduring quality.  He misses this important lesson:

“You can’t soar with the eagles if you’re hanging with the turkeys.”
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:34:20 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #359 on: November 23, 2018, 03:12:52 pm »

If they did not have money in retirement they would vote for even more gov't then we have now.

@txradioguy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #360 on: November 23, 2018, 03:35:33 pm »
If they did not have money in retirement they would vote for even more gov't then we have now.

@txradioguy

We don't know that for sure.  For all we know without the government teat...some of these people so accustomed to living off of it might actually learn to stand on their own and take advantage of one thing the Federal government is actually charged with giving all Americans.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #361 on: November 23, 2018, 05:42:50 pm »
We don't know that for sure.  For all we know without the government teat...some of these people so accustomed to living off of it might actually learn to stand on their own and take advantage of one thing the Federal government is actually charged with giving all Americans.

@txradioguy

What *I* understand to be an absolutely certainty that any sudden change to the current system would be a catastrophe. Geezers like me who are already retired on SS had that planned into our retirements,and many,many would lose their houses and pretty much everything else they had if the money were to suddenly stop. And do NOT try to say that is our fault and tough titty.

If/when there is a change,it MUST be generational,and NOT apply to the current generation that is already vested into the current plan and paying. There has to be an established date at sometime in the future so that future generations of employees  have time to adjust,and the businesses that people work for and run will have time to adjust,also.

BTW,I am NOT claiming that the current SS system should change. Nor am I claiming it should not change. I am just stating what must happen IF it changes.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 05:44:20 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #362 on: November 23, 2018, 05:46:38 pm »
@txradioguy

What *I* understand to be an absolutely certainty that any sudden change to the current system would be a catastrophe. Geezers like me who are already retired on SS had that planned into our retirements,and many,many would lose their houses and pretty much everything else they had if the money were to suddenly stop. And do NOT try to say that is our fault and tough titty.

If/when there is a change,it MUST be generational,and NOT apply to the current generation that is already vested into the current plan and paying. There has to be an established date at sometime in the future so that future generations of employees  have time to adjust,and the businesses that people work for and run will have time to adjust,also.

I agree too it must be generational.  I guess more what I was trying to get at is that if you're in your 30's now and haven't started some kind of retirement plan either through an investor or your company that's on you when you still have to find a side job after your career is over.

Sadly our Congress Critters will never even go for some kind of gradual transition away from Social Security because they need the money generated from the SS tax to spend elsewhere and they need voters dependent on them to justify their existence.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2018, 06:00:28 pm »
I agree too it must be generational.  I guess more what I was trying to get at is that if you're in your 30's now and haven't started some kind of retirement plan either through an investor or your company that's on you when you still have to find a side job after your career is over.

@txradioguy

IMNSHO,anyone that young that can't see they need to start making their own retirement plans separate from SS is a fool. Given the way our illustrious leaders have been allowing parasites into our nation the last couple of decades,the FACT that they end up being retired in place on OUR SS money without ever having contributed a dime,and the FACT that Congress seems to have no genuine interest in stopping this means the current system MUST collapse.

I don't even pretend to be happy about this,but there is no denying that reality IS reality and cares nothing for what anyone thinks.

We can save the current system and make it solvent again IF our congresscritters grow a pair and suddenly decide to be pro-American and cut off foreign access to the SS " Trust" (how is THAT for bureaucratic irony?) Funds and deporting the parasites back to their home nations.

No,I don't see that happening,either. I have no doubt that Trump will try if he gets a second term,but there are just too many "charities",religions, and law firms sucking on Uncle Sugar's Tits for that to happen,and too many politicians using that money to buy votes with by giving it away to more and more people.  And why should THEY worry? After all,THEIR retirement isn't affected,and they get a MUCH sweeter deal anyhow.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:02:50 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2018, 06:03:02 pm »

Sadly our Congress Critters will never even go for some kind of gradual transition away from Social Security because they need the money generated from the SS tax to spend elsewhere and they need voters dependent on them to justify their existence.

The vast majority of young people today don't want social security and medicare to end. They want those things to still be around when they are seniors. Maybe the seniors of today shouldn't be dictating what world the seniors of tomorrow will be living in by deciding that they'd be better off without those things. It seems kinda ridiculous and wrong.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #365 on: November 23, 2018, 06:04:39 pm »
@txradioguy

IMNSHO,anyone that young that can't see they need to start making their own retirement plans separate from SS is a fool. Given the way our illustrious leaders have been allowing parasites into our nation the last couple of decades,the FACT that they end up being retired in place on OUR SS money without ever having contributed a dime,and the FACT that Congress seems to have no genuine interest in stopping this means the current system MUST collapse.

I don't even pretend to be happy about this,but there is no denying that reality IS reality and cares nothing for what anyone thinks.

We can save the current system and make it solvent again IF our congresscritters grow a pair and suddenly decide to be pro-American and cut off foreign access to the SS " Trust" (how is THAT for bureaucratic irony?) Funds and deporting the parasites back to their home nations.

No,I don't see that happening,either. I have no doubt that Trump will try if he gets a second term,but there are just too many "charities",religions, and law firms sucking on Uncle Sugar's Tits for that to happen,and too many politicians using that money to buy votes with by giving it away to more and more people.  And why should THEY worry? After all,THEIR retirement isn't affected,and they get a MUCH sweeter deal anyhow.

There are a lot of fools Pete, and we'd be fools to not account for that. I don't want to see a bunch of homeless old people in 40-50 years.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2018, 06:16:24 pm »
The vast majority of young people today don't want social security and medicare to end. They want those things to still be around when they are seniors. Maybe the seniors of today shouldn't be dictating what world the seniors of tomorrow will be living in by deciding that they'd be better off without those things. It seems kinda ridiculous and wrong.

Kewl!  I've found another ice floe enthusiast!  Short of that, old geezers need to STFU and accept what they are given.  It's a young man's word, right?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2018, 06:23:50 pm »
Kewl!  I've found another ice floe enthusiast!  Short of that, old geezers need to STFU and accept what they are given.  It's a young man's word, right?

If young people today want social security and medicare in old age then seniors today really shouldn't be trying to get in the way of that.
-Socrates

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2018, 06:25:45 pm »

I wouldn't put one of these snowflakes living today incharge of a snake roundup in Ireland.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2018, 06:32:20 pm »
I wouldn't put one of these snowflakes living today incharge of a snake roundup in Ireland.

They should be in charge of their own destiny. This issue won't impact seniors today. They should stay out of it.
-Socrates

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2018, 06:40:07 pm »

Short of that, old geezers need to STFU and accept what they are given.  It's a young man's word, right?

@Cyber Liberty

That's always worked for me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2018, 06:41:57 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

That's always worked for me.

Me too, but one day I woke up and I was retired and realized I'm closer to "geezer" status than I realized.   888mouth
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #372 on: November 23, 2018, 06:44:14 pm »
They should be in charge of their own destiny. This issue won't impact seniors today. They should stay out of it.

They can be in charge:  If you don't have a Retirement Account, start one.  If you already have one, stuff it to the maximum allowed to be tax-deferred.

ETA:  I'm fine with staying away from it, but don't start chipping away at it, now that it's too late for older Americans who don't have the option of saving anymore.  One of the latest gimcrack's I've seen bandied around is
 means-testing SS, because it's unfair that people who saved up a nest egg get to receive as much as somebody who didn't.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:51:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #373 on: November 23, 2018, 06:46:13 pm »
They can be in charge

I'm glad you think so.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2018, 06:49:35 pm »
I'm glad you think so.

I do.  It requires a life-long sacrifice to make it happen, but it's available to every working person.  Most don't avail themselves and that is not my fault.
I will NOT comply.