Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party  (Read 33490 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2018, 01:13:45 pm »
What are you getting at?

@roamer_1

He's trying to infer that some here are hypocrites for raking him over the coals about single payer government run healthcare while talking about the various options for people over a certain age with Medicare and Medicaid and those that get a Social Security check.

It's a lame "gotcha" at best.

Dex fails to realize that it's federal law that you sign up for Medicare at age 65 and if you don't you incur fines from the government for IIRC every year you don't sign.

It's not hypocrisy Dex...sorry guy...its the Federal law that we have to sign up and use it.

Social Security is taken from our paychecks every month with the Government assurance that we'll have that money when we retire at 65...the same year Federal law says we have to sign up for Medicare.

Bottom line if the Government is taking money from my paycheck and my wallet every month for the 50-60 years I work...you're damn right I want a return on the forced investment in these government run government mandated programs.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2018, 01:14:57 pm »
More of it has been grabbed and wasted by the government. The program would work fine if it was left unmolested.

Not entirely true. SS is a tax. That means the government can do with it what it wants. Once tax dollars end up in DC, they get spent. Now, you can argue what’s wasteful or unwasteful spending. But it appears you’ve bought into the “I’ve paid into it so it’s mine” myth. Do you know what the term “unfunded liabilities” means?

When SS was enacted, no one was really supposed to live long enough to collect it.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #302 on: November 22, 2018, 01:15:12 pm »
It is literally a social program still and whether or not y’all want to admit it those programs help a lot of people. It sounds like at least one person in this thread would be completely screwed without some of those programs.

And that is because the federal government has left us no other alternative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2018, 01:16:10 pm »
@roamer_1

He's trying to infer that some here are hypocrites for raking him over the coals about single payer government run healthcare while talking about the various options for people over a certain age with Medicare and Medicaid and those that get a Social Security check.

It's a lame "gotcha" at best.

Dex fails to realize that it's federal law that you sign up for Medicare at age 65 and if you don't you incur fines from the government for IIRC every year you don't sign.

It's not hypocrisy Dex...sorry guy...its the Federal law that we have to sign up and use it.

Social Security is taken from our paychecks every month with the Government assurance that we'll have that money when we retire at 65...the same year Federal law says we have to sign up for Medicare.

Bottom line if the Government is taking money from my paycheck and my wallet every month for the 50-60 years I work...you're damn right I want a return on the forced investment in these government run government mandated programs.

Would you say Medicare and social security do more harm than good?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2018, 01:17:07 pm »
Not entirely true. SS is a tax. That means the government can do with it what it wants. Once tax dollars end up in DC, they get spent. Now, you can argue what’s wasteful or unwasteful spending. But it appears you’ve bought into the “I’ve paid into it so it’s mine” myth. Do you know what the term “unfunded liabilities” means?

When SS was enacted, no one was really supposed to live long enough to collect it.

Clinton raided the trust fund in the 90's and used what was in there along with some creative accounting to claim he'd "balanced" the budget.

Republicans and Dems alike have been using the money form the trust fund ever since.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2018, 01:17:28 pm »

The majority of our national debt is owed to social security.
-Socrates

Offline LMAO

« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2018, 01:18:30 pm »

To our fiscal situation, they do more harm than good.   Both programs have the biggest driver of our debt.  You’re confusing good intentions with math and economics.  Both programs are growing faster than our economy and people’s ability to pay
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2018, 01:19:00 pm »

Yes I would.  99.9% of Americans would be better off if the Government let them use the money that is taxed for these two programs to seek out their own healthcare and retirement plans without Federal interference.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2018, 01:19:52 pm »
To our fiscal situation, they do more harm than good.   Both programs have the biggest driver of our debt.  You’re confusing good intentions with math and economics.  Both programs are growing faster than our economy and people’s ability to pay

Social security creates debt because they are funding wars with it. That wasn’t the deal.
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2018, 01:20:24 pm »
The majority of our national debt is owed to social security.

No actually it's whats called the "unfunded liabilities"...the social programs that are kept off the balance sheet.

And the majority of that is welfare.  The welfare system in this country and the fact more and more people want free stuff will be what breaks this country in the long run.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2018, 01:20:52 pm »
Social security creates debt because they are funding wars with it. That wasn’t the deal.

You have a link to anything to back up that wild claim?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2018, 01:21:15 pm »
Yes I would.  99.9% of Americans would be better off if the Government let them use the money that is taxed for these two programs to seek out their own healthcare and retirement plans without Federal interference.

A lot of old Americans that are less intelligent than us would suffer a lot without those programs.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2018, 01:40:01 pm »
https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-the-u-s-national-debt-3306124

And nothing in there that backs up your wild claim that Social Security creates debt because they are funding wars with it

Nothing...nada

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2018, 01:40:30 pm »
A lot of old Americans that are less intelligent than us would suffer a lot without those programs.

No they wouldn't...what a dumb thing to say.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2018, 01:58:19 pm »
And nothing in there that backs up your wild claim that Social Security creates debt because they are funding wars with it

Nothing...nada

You don’t think what you saw in that link plays a role in social security issues? When we want another war or a stimulus package funds are taken from social security.
-Socrates

Offline LMAO

« Reply #316 on: November 22, 2018, 01:59:05 pm »

Nothing...nada

His claim makes many stretches and assumptions that are not supported in the link he posted

This may be were the claim comes from

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/aug/03/facebook-posts/did-george-w-bush-borrow-social-security-fund-war-/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:02:14 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Dexter

« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2018, 02:01:39 pm »
No they wouldn't...what a dumb thing to say.

Yes they would. Not everybody is smart or skilled enough to put away enough of a nest egg to make it to the end of life after they can’t work anymore. You’d have a lot more homeless elderly people.
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2018, 02:02:30 pm »
You don’t think what you saw in that link plays a role in social security issues? When we want another war or a stimulus package funds are taken from social security.

No it doesn't.  Congress Critters raiding the trust fund to pay for pork programs for their own states...to help fund the expansion of government agencies we don't need at the federal level and all kinds of unnecessary "neighborhood" programs is where that money goes.

Oh and the Stimulus package money...that's now a part of the regular yearly budgetary spending thanks to Obama and the Democrats.

You should really quit now trying to act smart about this stuff...you're getting in over your head.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2018, 02:03:10 pm »
Yes they would. Not everybody is smart or skilled enough to put away enough of a nest egg to make it to the end of life after they can’t work anymore. You’d have a lot more homeless elderly people.

Spoken like a true emotionally driven factually challenged Liberal.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #320 on: November 22, 2018, 02:05:39 pm »

Your responses are becoming increasingly childish. I’m bored now.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2018, 02:10:31 pm »
No it doesn't.  Congress Critters raiding the trust fund to pay for pork programs for their own states...to help fund the expansion of government agencies we don't need at the federal level and all kinds of unnecessary "neighborhood" programs is where that money goes.

Oh and the Stimulus package money...that's now a part of the regular yearly budgetary spending thanks to Obama and the Democrats.

You should really quit now trying to act smart about this stuff...you're getting in over your head.

The program would pay for itself and then some if the government didn’t take from it.
-Socrates

Offline LMAO

« Reply #322 on: November 22, 2018, 02:15:04 pm »

Actually, there is some truth to his statements. Americans have put themselves in a lot of personal debt. It appears the general public is as fiscally irresponsible as the government. And inflation, which is sure to rise in the coming decades, will put pressure on people’s savings.

All this would be easier to manage if we just died after 65....lol

These are complex issues. No easy black and white solutions
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:31:37 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2018, 03:37:29 pm »

@LMAO

Not true. My grandfather lived to be 103. He died in the 1940's. Back then people that managed to live long enough to become adults were generally strong and healthy,and barring accident or warfare,they lived long lives.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #324 on: November 22, 2018, 03:42:53 pm »
@LMAO

Not true. My grandfather lived to be 103. He died in the 1940's. Back then people that managed to live long enough to become adults were generally strong and healthy,and barring accident or warfare,they lived long lives.

http://www.demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html

Barry Goldwater